• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
YamiHat 08

BtKYcx4IQAAqDMS.jpg:large

And yet another book. One set in ancient Japan with samurais, ninjas, twin-tail foxgirl and a descendant of princess Kaguya which looks just like Hatsumi. They even tell a short version of the Princess Kaguya story in this episode. :p

Mature

It's a new comedy on Fox that has H Jon Benjamin as the lead. If anything brings you back to western animation it should be Archer though as it's comedy style is pseudo arrested development. Bob's Burgers is a bit more specific with its target audience. It has very well written episodes and usually a catchy song, but it's by no means laugh out loud hysterically.
It's over three years old, woof.

And Bob's Burgers is a modern Home Movies which is all one needs to know. It's great.

There was no haremshit in Ben-To at all so...
There was to!

Dresden

Nobody was romantically interested in MC-kun at all so there really wasn't, unless we're just changing the definition of a harem now

did you miss all the subtexting with the witch, Shaga Daughter of Dolf, and one of the twins? not to mention the novels ending with an omnibus romance end where he is systematically paired up one by one with all the girls that matter (and Ume, unfortunately).

jman2050

Ume is the worst and would have single-handedly ruined Ben-To if the rest of it weren't strong enough to stand despite Ume's toxicity.

Yeah I did kind of want to set Ume on fire and stuff. She was hard to ignore but I still loved the rest enough to press on.

Hm. That makes me think I should give Working! another shot despite fucking hating Inami's gimmick.

YamiHat 09

Uh-huh...

So Hazuki beats the ninjas. Good going there calling out the name of all your attacks ninja leader guy. Then foxgirl gets abducted by evil ballet guy. And there's a flashback... and then a flashback within the flashback. And a bookworld within another bookworld. And Lilith is
Hatsumi/Eves sister.
Yeah, ok.

Which world is the real world? Is Hazuki from the real world? Is everything bookworlds? Hopefully we'll find out?

I still really want to watch Yamato 2199, though Girls und Panzar is one of the more pure fun anime I've watched in awhile, but it gets really dramatic near the end?

Glad you're feeling better now. Girls Und Panzer stays on the same level pretty much all the way through on the drama side. Mirage is still not done.

You're on buddy. I'll start on tomorrow or Thursday. Feel free to start on Elfen Lied any time.

You... You're crazy. >_> I'll probably finish Baccano! in the next few days so I can fully engross in amazing anime once again.

Blusby

Rider is love. Rider is life. Best rider ever. She is the pegasus that will mount the world.
Ftfy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ef Melodies ep. 06: I watched at about 4:30 in the morning before heading to sleep and I have to say that Oonuma's directing style is starting to become kinda grating, it's biting a lot off of Shinbou and I don't even like Shinbou that much to begin with. This episode though did its job of making me uncomfortable, especially since it was late, dark, and I was seeing shit like this on my screen:

mankoto

Ao no Ride 3
Nothing exactly happened perse. New characters didn't get enough screentime for me to like them.

14918.png

And this clears up something. Kinda disappointed though since Nozaki-kun made a joke about it last week.

Jex

[Nozaki] 1-3

There are numerous guys in this series but I don't get the impression that they're secretly in love with each other. I think the creator is doing something wrong.

Midonin

Momo Kyun Sword 03

And another faction enters the search. More of a Maidens episode than a Momoko one, but it does mark the debut of her Pheasant Form, which, with the green color scheme and the archery weapon has been compared to Kuuga's Pegasus Form. A simple adventure story, and yet this show continues to be one of my favorites from this season. I think I like shows that combine the elements of fanservice, traditional Japanese imagery and some sort of action.

Jex

What's a "genre soundtrack"? Don't think I've heard the term before.

That said, Simoun's OST is amazing.

Some favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLyHmKEOMxQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_1escyKvsU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO5cjevq1CQ

This is strange, I can't remember a time when every anime sound track didn't sound the same. Really. I know I'm exaggerating but with big name shows sharing the same composer and other works playing it extremely conservatively (Crystal I'm looking at you) it just feels like there's been some stagnation in the field.

Ping Poing and Terror in Resonance are some of the few recent examples of shows where I've thought "well, they're actually trying to do something different!".

Or, I could be completely wrong. Are there completely amazing soundtracks that I'm missing in other shows? Where's Geneijin when you need him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom