• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

5BGhij8.png

I, uh...

what?
China stronk

duckroll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TZJLtujW6FY#t=296 3D models with 2D vectors. Their software automatically generates inbetweens. I was overstating the 2D element to a degree (because I misremembered) but you need 2D artists for the vectors.

Wow, that's a bit more 2D work than I remembered too. But considering how time consuming this process seems to be for the production pipeline, I'm not surprised that they're not pushing it forward for a feature film anytime soon.

Wow, that's a bit more 2D work than I remembered too. But considering how time consuming this process seems to be for the production pipeline, I'm not surprised that they're not pushihg it forward for a feature film anytime soon.
You're more knowledgeable than I, but it seems like part of the issue might have been that one project, even feature length, wouldn't have produced a consistent workload for the 2D team. So they would have needed more than one project running at a time to justify keeping the in-house 2D team.

BluWacky

I don't think our honour needs saving - at least not these days. The rise of legitimate streaming services means that the vast majority of anime talked about in this thread at least has the capability of being watched legitimately, placing the burden of proof squarely in the same area as game and music piracy insinuations except for the few shows that are/have not been licensed or the occasional special airing that we technically shouldn't have access to. While cajun's collection is admirable, no-one can extrapolate a trend from a single instance, whereas in the existence of services like Crunchyroll we have a better evidential basis to argue from.

Of course, the likelihood of many posts being based on stream or disc rips without having a subscription or an original copy is very high, but as per above, burden of proof and all that.

ManGAF is a completely different story, alas.

cajunator

Banned
Happiness Charge Precure 25

If Seiji hadn't rejected that girl and ruined her soul there at the end I would have thought this was about to turn into a harem anime.

I love that Precure Memory song so much

Of course, someone has to serve as a foil to blessed Yamakan:

Yamacan't.

Jokes on him

You don't know me very well do you. :p

Sounds like my type of thing. And just looks hilarious.

Yes I do believe you will love Yuru yuri

Chariot

ManGAF sounds incredible awesome and manly. I now have to believe everyone there is a muscular mustached man who reads tiny mangabooks while working out.

I don't think our honour needs saving - at least not these days. The rise of legitimate streaming services means that the vast majority of anime talked about in this thread at least has the capability of being watched legitimately, placing the burden of proof squarely in the same area as game and music piracy insinuations except for the few shows that are/have not been licensed or the occasional special airing that we technically shouldn't have access to. While cajun's collection is admirable, no-one can extrapolate a trend from a single instance, whereas in the existence of services like Crunchyroll we have a better evidential basis to argue from.

Of course, the likelihood of many posts being based on stream or disc rips without having a subscription or an original copy is very high, but as per above, burden of proof and all that.

ManGAF is a completely different story, alas.
T'was more of a joke, I know what you're saying, but most people don't know that. I appreciate every afford to create a nicer picture of animefans.

cajunator

Banned
Why is Akari still in a box?

WHY IS AKARI STILL IN A BOX?

Akari is unboxed and temporarily being displayed inside the box. Its a clear box that works as a display case. Similarly my Kanna figure box does the same thing. I dont want Akarin to get dusty :(

Chariot

I don't believe you. That's just Chinatsu cosplaying.
Psscht!
Don't destroy his dreams! It was enough last year when we were at the orphanage and you made a speech about why the guy in the santa costume wasn't Santa and how the real Santa was jailed for taxfraud years ago. You really have to stop that!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still going to believe it's Chinatsu in cosplay, and damm she cost too much for a character I'm not that fond of.

You can probably find her for less that RRP since she isn't that popular. Akari on the other hand is likely harder to get for cheaper since she is after all the nation's favourite.

Chariot

I am not exactly sure if that is saving honor in the grand scheme of things.
Maybe, but every bit of personal honour is important. Look how nice cajun is. With his honour he is the Eddard Stark of AnimeGAF. He will change Off-Topic to good.

I see you posted in that thread too.
I also saved our honour. Someone even made a cute avatar out of me :3
Cajun is my hero, I would pay to bask in the glory of that room.
Yes, I would pay to visit cajuns room.

Andrew J.

Code Geass R2 - 25

Well, at least everything went according to plan. I don't know why I stopped at episode 18 or 19, but at least I have finished now. To whoever said it was like Death Note, yes it was, even the ending. Why does every show with a plot like this end with
the guy with all the power planning to change the world dying? I wish there was an anime that had them live.

You said you already saw Valvrave, right?
L-Elf doesn't die! I mean, except of old age during the timeskip, presumably, but I don't think that's what you meant.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, if I found the characters in the love live mobile game to be completely boring, would the anime be worth watching?

Thinking of giving an idol series a go, but dunno what to watch. Though I don't actually like idol culture that much.

So, if I found the characters in the love live mobile game to be completely boring, would the anime be worth watching?

Thinking of giving an idol series a go, but dunno what to watch. Though I don't actually like idol culture that much.
Forget about it and watch Idolmaster. Love Live doesn't have a tomboy so it will always be the loser.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Just watch iDOLM@STER
Xenoglossia

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It is also the best videogame adaptation. That's right, I said it, it's better than the Mario Super Show and Donkey Kong Country!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom