• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
HYPE TRAIN ENGAGED

that has like only two other passengers from the looks of this thread :(

I'm excited in a way since I just finished watching F/Z recently and absolutly loved it, but I heard the F/SN is still pretty pretty bad. I'm hoping this version of the anime makes it much better, but I really have no idea what to expect with F/SN haha.

Mokoi

Banned
I'm excited in a way since I just finished watching F/Z recently and absolutly loved it, but I heard the F/SN is still pretty pretty bad. I'm hoping this version of the anime makes it much better, but I really have no idea what to expect with F/SN haha.

Well you can at least a expect terrible tsundere. Although they're all terrible. Oh yeah also a lesser Berserker.

fertygo

The elite on this thread giving fear of god for F/SN here, we that can still satisfied with manga like Akame Ga Kill, surely not gonna have trouble enjoying F/SN.

Chariot

Well you can at least a expect terrible tsundere. Although they're all terrible. Oh yeah also a lesser Berserker.
And to drive the point further you take worst girl as avatar. Nice.

unless I get banned, which im pretty sure my next one will be a few months.
MHM!

The elite on this thread giving fear of god for F/SN here, we that can still satisfied with manga like Akame Ga Kill, surely not gonna have trouble enjoying F/SN.
Dude, the elite probably want me to walk on the street if we meet on the sidewalk. I am enjoying shows people think of silly and I don't value a lot of elitist shows not that much. When it comes to anime I value fun the most.

Riposte

My memory is foggy, is this the place to talk about all anime or just what's playing during the season? I'll just say I'm on episode 85 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes and it's been quite a trip so far. I wonder if I'll make a LTTP thread when it's all done.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
please mention what some of these elitist shows are, as i haven't been able to find any so far

My memory is foggy, is this the place to talk about all anime or just what's playing during the season? I'll just say I'm on episode 85 of Legend of the Galactic Heroes and it's been quite a trip so far. I wonder if I'll make a LTTP thread when it's all done.

any and all anime*, not limited to this season

Pooya

at this rate people will be disappointed seeing it's not as bad as they thought(or hoped) it is, lol.
it's a lot better than crap this season like tokyo esp hell even ghoul maybe, or kanata, not much worse than beloved properties like noragami. it's just another urban fantasy silly show. it doesn't even take itself seriously all the time and it will look nice for sure, just turn the brains off, there is some fun stuff here.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
as a watcher of elitist anime™, i make sure to avoid any and all sorts of fun in my animewatch sessions, to ensure the most elitist experience possible

YamiHat 12

9mCL5tr.jpg

That's no way to treat your long lost sister...

So Eve/Jill/Hatsumi fixes everything. Evil ballet guy is no longer evil, Lilith stops crying and foxlady gets somebody to play with. And Hazuki uh...
gets pregnant and her child is gonna be her sister?
I dunno. At least it's the end... Oh, wait... There's still 1 episode left.

All anime.

TUSR

Banned

Chariot confirmed to report all my future posts.

pretty much anything except hot pantsu action™ flys here

fertygo

Dude, the elite probably want me to walk on the street if we meet on the sidewalk. I am enjoying shows people think of silly and I don't value a lot of elitist shows not that much. When it comes to anime I value fun the most.
Good for you then breh.
Kill me Baby fans are in their own special class.
The chosen among chosen.
at this rate people will be disappointed seeing it's not as bad as they thought(or hoped) it is, lol.
it's a lot better than crap this season like tokyo esp hell even ghoul maybe, or kanata, not much worse than beloved properties like noragami. it's just another urban fantasy silly show. it doesn't even take itself seriously all the time and it will look nice for sure, just turn the brains off, there is some fun stuff here.
Yeah its baffling to see people fear, even at its worse.. I don't know why they seem to assume its not gonna even please Hunter X Hunter crowd.

Chariot

please mention what some of these elitist shows are, as i haven't been able to find any so far
I have the feeling some people are going to kick me in the nuts. So I shall explain some things first, because I like my nuts. They're my favorite pair. I don't ever loved a pair of nuts so much like my pair of nuts. They're pretty rad nuts, they hanging around since 21 years and I really taking a liking to them.

When I say elitist, I mean that these anime get targeted often by people who want to to watch intelligent anime to stand out from pleb anime fans (the kind of people who watch only Naruto and think it's the greatest thing every without confirming) and average anime fans (the huge chunk of people who just watch whatever). That said, if I call an anime elitist I don't want to imply that everyone that watches and enjoy this show is an elitist. Just that I consider it an elitist anime, that is seeked out specifically by some people to feel higher up, similar to philosophic texts, certain kinds of music or entertainment (e.g. opera or theatre).

Further I don't want to imply that this shows are in fact not intelligent or enjoyable. Only that people watch this shows for prestige and self esteem, instead of a real will to watch the show or true excitement of the contents. Like reading Shakespeare to earn the right to nod in intellectual discussions or to impress with interpretations phrased and thought out by one of the many people who really worked with the drama.

In a way the term "elitist" is wrong. A "true" elitist would actually be knowledgeable and with heart on the show. What I call elitists are in a way "fake-elitists". Pretenders who seek the sparkle of the real elitists to be be on a similar intellectual level.

Examples in my opinion would be Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, Kino's Journey, Ergo Proxy and Mushishi. And I do hope that you not just skipped the whole text before the examples and give me shit for the examples. Give me shit for my thoughts about elitists, please.

as a watcher of elitist anime™, i make sure to avoid any and all sorts of fun in my animewatch sessions, to ensure the most elitist experience possible
Nice :D

This is a good policy, Chariot could learn something from you
:(

Chariot confirmed to report all my future posts.
*reported*

BluWacky

Haha. I want to know what else is in that catalog now.

The National Diet Library is a copyright library - there should be at least one copy of everything published in Japan in there. They certainly have lots of BluRays (for instance, just searched up Guilty Crown which they have, for instance), but they don't seem to have much in the way of DVD or VHS anime; I tried searching for Taiga Adventure (the sequel to Future Boy Conan), which definitely had a VHS release, but they don't have any copies of that.

Clov

I didn't even know some of these box sets exist in English.
YuruYuri
Squid Girl
Kill Me Baby

As a note, Squid Girl only has the first season available (on both DVD and BD) and is out of print (thanks, Media Blasters!). Kill Me Baby is getting a BD later this year, for some reason.

sonicmj1

I have the feeling some people are going to kick me in the nuts. So I shall explain some things first, because I like my nuts. They're my favorite pair. I don't ever loved a pair of nuts so much like my pair of nuts. They're pretty rad nuts, they hanging around since 21 years and I really taking a liking to them.

When I say elitist, I mean that these anime get targeted often by people who want to to watch intelligent anime to stand out from pleb anime fans (the kind of people who watch only Naruto and think it's the greatest thing every without confirming) and average anime fans (the huge chunk of people who just watch whatever). That said, if I call an anime elitist I don't want to imply that everyone that watches and enjoy this show is an elitist. Just that I consider it an elitist anime, that is seeked out specifically by some people to feel higher up, similar to philosophic texts, certain kinds of music or entertainment (e.g. opera or theatre).

Further I don't want to imply that this shows are in fact not intelligent or enjoyable. Only that people watch this shows for prestige and self esteem, instead of a real will to watch the show or true excitement of the contents. Like reading Shakespeare to earn the right to nod in intellectual discussions or to impress with interpretations phrased and thought out by one of the many people who really worked with the drama.

In a way the term "elitist" is wrong. A "true" elitist would actually be knowledgeable and with heart on the show. What I call elitists are in a way "fake-elitists". Pretenders who seek the sparkle of the real elitists to be be on a similar intellectual level.

Examples in my opinion would be Serial Experiments Lain, Haibane Renmei, Kino's Journey, Ergo Proxy and Mushishi. And I do hope that you not just skipped the whole text before the examples and give me shit for the examples. Give me shit for my thoughts about elitists, please.

Cajunator's two favorite shows.

We all know that nobody's a bigger anime elitist than cajunator.

Chariot

Cajunator's two favorite shows.

We all know that nobody's a bigger anime elitist than cajunator.
Don't talk shit about cajun-sama, even if it is my own shit!

And seriously, I think cajun truly enjoys what he does. I hope you read my text and not only the examples. :,<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom