• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mars of Destruction

OAA7tLM.jpg

Ok. This feels like somebody watched EVA (I've not seen EVA so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it feels like) and thought "I can make this better" and then they tried. Either that or it's a quick presentation for a TV show that didn't get picked up and somebody shared this footage with the world.

There's animation some of the time, but mostly it's just panning shots of backgrounds or static objects moving.

Since it's either a hobby project or hastily made presentation they obviously didn't feel the need to get anybody to make music for this so they bought a CD with classical music and added that.

Nice try? Hopefully they learned something and moved on to better things?

If this was something that was made professionally with the intention of being sold to people (we the mars people, not the real people) I'd give it 0/5, but I don't think it is.

cajunator

Banned
Mars of Destruction

Ok. This feels like somebody watched EVA (I've not seen EVA so correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it feels like) and thought "I can make this better" and then they tried. Either that or it's a quick presentation for a TV show that didn't get picked up and somebody shared this footage with the world.

There's animation some of the time, but mostly it's just panning shots of backgrounds or static objects moving.

Since it's either a hobby project or hastily made presentation they obviously didn't feel the need to get anybody to make music for this so they bought a CD with classical music and added that.

Nice try? Hopefully they learned something and moved on to better things?

If this was something that was made professionally with the intention of being sold to people (we the mars people, not the real people) I'd give it 0/5, but I don't think it is.

its ART

Andrew J.

Prisma Illya 2wei 03

A slower-paced episode without any fights, unless you count Illya beating herself up. We get some hints about the origins of Miyu and Kuro, plus some good comedy. Playing Shirou's annoying and inexplicable harem protag attractiveness for laughs, Kuro trolling people, it's all good. However...

Gag of the week:
Gotta be when everyone bursts in on the start of the fight. Illya's freaking out face is priceless.

cajunator

Banned
After seeing episode 2 of Sailor Moon Crystal Im honestly perfectly alright with it. Enjoying it so far. Interesting that the senshi are showing up so quickly. Guess that todays audiences dont have the patience to deal with waiting for characters to show up.

jgminto

Mars of Destruction is a pilot for the spinoff show of...a PSP game I think? Didn't it do a fantastic job at selling you on the prospects of a full show?

Love Stage!! 3
ibmdEOME1cVMdp.png

Best scene. Fukkin lewd analogy.
If I had watched THAT scene before I read through the manga it would have been really difficult to keep watching the show.
It was a rape scene basically. I won't get into whether it was adorable or not but it made me fairly uncomfortable both times I've seen the scene now.
I feel something like this wouldn't be acceptable these days if it were a male and female character. There wasn't really much censorship...in the way I expected at least.
I don't know why they decided to cover Ryoma in the pink void. It would suck if it's censorship since they're both dudes or something and would really lessen some of the later scenes in the series. Maybe it was just a style choice though. The only other change to the scene I remember was the removal/non-focus on nipple play but since anime characters don't have nipples I suppose that makes sense.
For anyone who was enjoying the humour and characters of the show so far and were dissuaded by the scene I'd say don't drop it just yet because that's the only time it happens and I think they make up for it as it goes on.

Chariot

Mars of Destruction is a pilot for the spinoff show of...a PSP game I think? Didn't it do a fantastic job at selling you on the prospects of a full show?
Really? Please tell me more, that would actually make more sense than just the OVA alone, because it somehow forgot to tell a story, but if it's a prelide... than it's still shit, but different.

Acosta

Orihime was long lost somewhere in the plot, but she had a cute scene in the recent chapters. Her reactions reminded me somewhat of Nisekoi. http://i.minus.com/jXmJXKhcKYHPd.jpg

But well, I guess she will be forgotten now until the manga ends, I guess.

Rukia for life.

But Ichigo don't deserve her anyway, Orihime can "win" that one.

Question, will the actual arc of the manga get an anime? I have been holding for a long time since I hoped the series would come back but I'm not sure. I have fond memories of seeing the anime, I would like to see it back I think.

About Naruto, it´s amazing how silly it has become in such a short time. I get Nishi doesn't give a damn anymore.

Kakashi is the best character of Naruto by the way (for me).

Chariot

Rukia for life.

Question, will the actual arc of the manga get an anime? I have been holding for a long time since I hoped the series would come back but I'm not sure. I have fond memories of seeing the anime, I would like to see it back I think.

About Naruto, it´s amazing how silly it has become in such a short time. I get Nishi doesn't give a damn anymore.

I don't think so. Bleach was discontinued in the midst of the Fullbring Arc because it tanked hard, as far as I heard. And really, you can live without it.

Blusby

If they're planning on it they better start soon considering that this is the last arc.

Bleach started off really well. Soul Society arc was phenomenal. It was all downhill from there. Oh and apparently Ichigo is everything. I think it should have ended with the death of Aizen.

Acosta

I don't think so. Bleach was discontinued in the midst of the Fullbring Arc because it tanked hard, as far as I heard. And really, you can live without it.

If they're planning on it they better start soon considering that this is the last arc, I mean what's even the point of promoting a finished manga?

Thanks guys. Bleach was a guilty pleasure, it had ton of absurd filler and some horrible moments, but I have fond memories of the great moments and the interesting ideas (Hueco Mundo was fascinating to me for example).

I guess I'l have to start reading the manga then to see how it ends.

So just finished watching Pacific Rim.

Aside from the cool fights that was a pretty terrible movie.

Story sucked and everything was completely predictable 5 minutes in when you see the other guy and mentally think "He's going to die."

The main characters and all that dismal drama that occurred between them completely ruined the flow of the movie.

Should get rid of everyone and use a completely new cast whenever that sequel comes about.

Except Newt (Love Charlie Day) and Chau.

Those two were the only bright spots in a pretty awful cast.

cajunator

Banned
Guess what's getting a dub rewatch?

Aww yeah.

AWWWWW YIS. WINNING.

Story sucked and everything was completely predictable 5 minutes in when you see the other guy and mentally think "He's going to die."

The main characters and all that dismal drama that occurred between them completely ruined the flow of the movie.

Should get rid of everyone and use a completely new cast whenever that sequel comes about.

Its a terrible movie. I love it to death ^o^

Chariot

I enjoyed Pacific Rim :(
It was maybe a dumb movie, but not terrible.
Bleach started off really well. Soul Society arc was phenomenal. It was all downhill from there. Oh and apparently Ichigo is everything. I think it should have ended with the death of Aizen.
This doesen't even bothering me anymore. It's so over the top how everything you could be in this show is concentrated in this one Ichigo.

Pooya

well yeah, humans were the only bad part of the movie, sequel should be just about robots and kaiju.

That's not funny.
it wasn't meant to be.

Rukia for life.

I feel like the anime will come back once the chapters get further in the manga or it ends. And Orihime will be shipped with Ichigo, its only a matter of time.

Mana recovery........ Yap
Don't worry , there are more way to recover mana , but only one can be aired on TV screen.

*Unless you go and make a giant dragon appear out of nowhere ..*

Fate Kaleid Liner PRISMA ILYA 2zwei 03

This episode was super funny and cute.

Fucking Shiro. Density a block of Ichika and Haremmaker Noble Phantasm.
Ah HAHa

That's the perfect description for the character

I didn't predict that
The guy wouldn't kiss the girl

But the commander speech was cool

Needed more Cherno Alpha.

And more Striker Omega.

Yo where's your avatar from. Like I know its Saber but like in what scene is it from.

Are you sure you wanna know ?
Some truths are better to be left alone.

Samurai Jam - Bakumatsu Rock - Episode 4
BtQxmMPCIAAo1sd.png

Definitely has to go down as one of the best hot baths focused anime episodes ever. It was such a funny episode with great lines and scenes. Soji was great.

And then Soji in the ed too.

Chariot

Yo where's your avatar from. Like I know its Saber but like in what scene is it from.
Make sure you're not at work or in front of your waifu and then search for "Platonic Magician H".

I didn't predict that
The guy wouldn't kiss the girl

But the commander speech was cool
Yeah, that was actually very surprising for an american movie. A very nice touch.

It's the 24th in Japan so HAPPY BIRTHDAY AKARI!

lK3jtBn.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvWb6j0hv24

Still waiting on my Pacific Rim anime done by Trigger.
Don't you think that Pacific Rim is too mundane for Trigger. God knows what Trigger would do with the setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom