• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

After seeing episode 2 of Sailor Moon Crystal Im honestly perfectly alright with it. Enjoying it so far. Interesting that the senshi are showing up so quickly. Guess that todays audiences dont have the patience to deal with waiting for characters to show up.

Rather it's a function of being a faithful adaptation.

Finalow

Inferno Cop

1384461003448.gif

10/10 would cop again.

well, that was fun.

Mokoi

Banned
It's the 24th in Japan so HAPPY BIRTHDAY AKARI!

I had to reflect on life after finding out the show was called Yuru Yuri, and not Yuri Yuri.

Also happy birthday Akari! Time to go rewatch the show where she is the MC, and not some useless background character.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
EDIT: RE: Inferno Cop

And yet in every anime recommendation thread no one mentions it (apart from yours truly).

Sort it out.

Yes it was canonically reconfirmed when they did THAT jutsu.

Now i'm curious

----------------------------------
Kaleid 2wei - 03

Mana transfert , so much mana transfert

Shirou , the harem protagonist , even when he i not the main character !!

This was a good episode !

I had to reflect on life after finding out the show was called Yuru Yuri, and not Yuri Yuri.

Also happy birthday Akari! Time to go rewatch the show where she is the MC, and not some useless background character.

Don't worry the same writter wrote "yuri yuri" too.
You can guess the content yourself.

Love Stage!! Episode 3 – If Only It Had All Been A Dream
BtQ0QS6IEAAkzZc.jpg

Alright episode that only really stuck out for its awkward style decision. Kiss scene just looks odd considering the other BL anime airing this season did a kiss scene in normal artstyle allowing us to fully focus in on that which is occurring, while this one just served to distract and disappoint. It was kind of unnecessary as well due
since his head ended up blocking the key area to allow him access to that sacred portion of Sena, plus interrupted anyway
. I hope they wont be doing this in the other seven remaining episodes.

Starting to really like Shogo, his voice is growing on me and sounds so unique and kind of funny in the context of the anime.

I also like the friend in the manga club who I hope doesnt stay a minor character. Would be perfect otp for Sena.

cajunator

Banned
Don't worry , there are more way to recover mana , but only one can be aired on TV screen.

*Unless you go and make a giant dragon appear out of nowhere ..*

Ah HAHa

That's the perfect description for the character

Cuteness is my mana. It is my life force.

It's the 24th in Japan so HAPPY BIRTHDAY AKARI!

lK3jtBn.jpg

Where? I dont see anything

Rather it's a function of being a faithful adaptation.

Yes of course. So what was the original show adapted from?

Narag

Layzner 12

Apparently the last 11 episodes have covered 55 hours. I didn't expect the show to be so forthright with that. I'm still impressed how well it's held up trying to tell a serious war story too. Even moments of comic relief has been far and few between. The escape from Mars was pretty intense too.

Free! Eternal Summer Episode 4
tumblr_n96glwppZs1sf22mao4_500.jpg
tumblr_n96ar3TvW21qk1ncpo1_500.png

All the Samezuka love this season is perfect and really worthwhile. Rin is perfectly capable of being a captain and all his qualities and lines about team spirit, hardwork, willpower over results just makes him feel like a really inspirational person more than he really was. Its part of the reason why he is the perfect free!. And then his ability and help to his others on the team like the ultra excited and fun Momo and even inspiring him too constantly and consistently
he even bought and wears the swimsuits that Rin picked out for him
. This season feels and is great and is just plain not even similar to the first season. Im so glad it doesnt feel like a rehash just in a different season but something as polished and even greater than s1.

Sounded like a new instrumental of ever blue was being played.

CorvoSol

So I'm rewatching the Evangelion dub for like, the bazillionth time in my life and I think I can at last admit that it isn't so great. It's not that it's BAD, but there are a lot of reused voice actors and stuff. I can't ever hate it, though, because the voices are just so darn iconic.

Firemind

I see there's still an active Kill la Kill OT. I thought it ended months ago. What are people talking about?

It's not like it's K-On where there are a million and one topics to talk about.

TUSR

Banned
Kinda half and half. This episode kinda lost me, though. Kyon needs to think slower.

Im pretty sure the show clicked for me in the 14th episode. And it really brought everything together when you look at the time line.

So I'm rewatching the Evangelion dub for like, the bazillionth time in my life and I think I can at last admit that it isn't so great. It's not that it's BAD, but there are a lot of reused voice actors and stuff. I can't ever hate it, though, because the voices are just so darn iconic.

What year was the Dub?

I see there's still an active Kill la Kill OT. I thought it ended months ago. What are people talking about?

Blurays, fanart, and odd youtube videos

Episode 25/OVA in Sept.

I always thought that the dub quality somehow got better for End of Evangelion compared to the TV series.

There is an OVA in September.

Midonin

Barakamon 01-03

When I think of rural anime, the first point of comparison that comes to mind is Non Non Biyori, though outside of the rough sketches of their premise, they don't really have much in common. Naru's pretty cute, and I'm also a fan of Tama. Anyone who engages in the creative arts is a favorite character of mine, and it's another chance for Rumi Okubo to do her manic voice. The show's overall well produced, and I can see why it has a lot of appeal, very pleasant to watch, but I don't think I'd place it among my favorite shows of the season. It's not among the worst, either.

Glad Funi finally got it up. Now they need to release Jinsei at some point, we know they have it.

jgminto

I remember when I watched LWA, that actual good animation. Not a moving still frame or two frame repeated action scene in sight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom