• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
Can someone tell me what this is from?

ShimmeringLastingHippopotamus.gif

Hattori

Banned
Good evening all! If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you find a Those Deaf Mutes post so you can enjoy the lovely work of our own InfiniteNine as his new anime avatar.

Secondly, it's time to play "Guess that obscure piece of anime art someone found in a storage box" again! This weeks cel might be a little easier, given that it has a character in it. It also looks 4:3 to me.

x9oASaS.jpg

Silent Mobius

Syrinx

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 12

Haruhi feels what it feels like to help other people for a change. Not particularly sure why she felt the need to do it here, but she actually feels happy she helped. And then she goes into one of her ambitious phases at the end.

Yuki's fortune telling was pretty good.

I'll hold off on the last two of the season for tomorrow.

Clov

You illustrated the issue without(?) realizing it. Sexual imagery of men is often played up for laughs.

Now that you mention it, most (if not all) the male fanservice in Kill la Kill was just used as a gag, wasn't it? I didn't really think about it until now.

Mokoi

Banned
Revolutionary Girl Utena 8

Finally got the time to watch. That OP song! I guess I should expect them to explain Utena back-story about meeting the prince every episode. Should of known that was going to happen. Red hair guy sister is still annoying. lol rose bride risked her life for curry! Curry is love Curry is life! Also Yay Yay! Finally those girls got put in their place. 10/10 best episode so far.

Mature

Urusei Yatsura - 44
PrKwysU.png

You've got great taste in manga, Ten.

Very cute episode. Bonus points for effective use of the ED theme to a montage. Some interesting and well composed shots in there too. It's nice to see that the show can go places with it's drama without feeling like a fish out of water. An asset most modern series of the same nature are entirely lacking.

Narag

To make up for her unfortunately limited screen time in the first part. I like the Minako and Rei scenes as well.

I never considered that and it makes sense in retrospect. Publicly, however, I'll continue to maintain Igarashi just knew what was up and focused his attention in the right place.

CorvoSol

Good evening all! If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you find a Those Deaf Mutes post so you can enjoy the lovely work of our own InfiniteNine as his new anime avatar.

Secondly, it's time to play "Guess that obscure piece of anime art someone found in a storage box" again! This weeks cel might be a little easier, given that it has a character in it. It also looks 4:3 to me.

x9oASaS.jpg

I know somebody has already given the name, but this style reminds me a lot of Stardust Memory for some reason. Like, the lady's face somehow reminds me of Nina Purpleton's.

PK Gaming

Aku no Hana 1 & 2

Well that was certainly better than I expected. I wanted to start the manga first, but my friend convinced me to try the anime instead. Gotta say, even though the art and animation look super creepy/unsettling, you start to appreciate it once you get used it. I think it really adds to the tense atmosphere.

The premise: An MC with "issues" steals his crushes's swimming uniform in a moment of weakness, but a 3rd party finds out. Blackmail ensues. It sounds pretty typical, but they play it completely straight, so the consequences for stealing the swimsuit are pretty serious. I'm really interested in seeing how it plays out. Something tells me Nakamura is going to wring him dry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom