• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey AnimeGAF what's the general consensus on Inuyasha? yay or nay?

Starts out perfectly watchable, gets good for a little while, then becomes a redundant mess of filler and anti-progress. The very definition of how NOT to do a shounen action series.

Depending on who you ask, the good arcs might make it worth a watch.

Mokoi

Banned

I though it was pretty good although that could just be them good ol nostalgia goggles talking.I should really give that series a proper watch since I only saw it as a kid when it aired on Adult Swim/toonami whichever one it was.

Hattori

Banned
^^ I watched Bleach before so I think I'd be alright with fillers. :)

Seems like enough people like it, I'll give it a shot after I finish Urusei Yatsura. Thanks for the input fellas :) and Good Night!

Mature

I though it was pretty good although that could just be them good ol nostalgia goggles talking.I should really give that series a proper watch since I only saw it as a kid when it aired on Adult Swim/toonami whichever one it was.
Adult Swim gave Inuyasha some serious respect with the amount of packaging and promotion it had. I look fondly back on that stuff.

Putting Arjuna on hold for a while to watch Golden Boy and Super YoYo with friends. They're loving both. But we have a "but but we already had these type of shows" kind of guy for Super YoYo :/

That being said. Next up after all that and the last bit of Arjuna is Mad Bull 34 and Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito, in which they sold the show themselves by reading a synopsis, cued dying from laughter after reading "...searching for her sister and potential lover".

TUSR

Banned
The first series; a lot of people hadn't seen the series before and wanted to see it incase Toonami got Final Act. It's Sunday at 5PM California Time if you want to join.

mmm... I just subscribed to the thread, ill keep that in mind. The final to the original isn't bad. Hopefully Toonami picks up Final Act because I enjoyed the story progression rate.

Love Lab 2
The humor is growing on me. The third member added an incremental element that just makes the jokes funny. The third year's hallway discussion was very funny.

Baccano! 06

PDMgDL2.png

I'm starting to put names to characters now although a lot of the time I still don't know who is who. This rail tracer phantom is scary. I wonder what he whispered to her.

That being said. Next up after all that and the last bit of Arjuna is Mad Bull 34 and Yami to Bōshi to Hon no Tabibito, in which they sold the show themselves by reading a synopsis, cued dying from laughter after reading "...searching for her sister and potential lover".

Have fun with YamiHat :p

Chariot

In other news. Man, I've still got a lot of anime to add to the MAL Chariot forced me to make.
Ganbatte!

I don't dislike Kill la Kill. I even think the show is pretty good, but it doesn't speak to the quality of the staff's potential or even what they've done in the past. With that in mind, it's a bit disappointing at the end of the day.
I still think that money was a huge issue. They already showed with LWA, that they can create all around beautiful things. So I am waiting patient for LWA episode 2 and their next original tv project to see what they can do with maybe more money and more time to actual have a finished script.

Those heretics :(

Jesus Christ, is that supposed to be Nakamura?
Ah, Aku no Hana hate, the nutrition I need.

Good evening all! If you haven't seen it yet, make sure you find a Those Deaf Mutes post so you can enjoy the lovely work of our own InfiniteNine as his new anime avatar.
Looks nice.

You illustrated the issue without(?) realizing it. Sexual imagery of men is often played up for laughs.
That could very well be, but Kill La Kill isn't the anime to criticize that. The play everyone's fanservice for laughs, no matter if man or woman.

My sister adores. I didn't watch it except for a few dozen random episodes when it ran on tv - which is not much given the length of the show.

I liked Inuyashas brother and the story with the little girl. I generally like these badasses who travel with kids (Okami, Kenpachi, Accelerator, ...).

Vylash

Yep and that's why there's no Season 2 of that show.

Which is a shame for the source material but, frankly, it was a mercy-killing.

I have been meaning to get around to the source material since, unlike the anime, it doesn't look like vomit, my manga backlog is ridiculous

Busaiku

What is up with the mixing on Naru's lines?
It sounds really awful.

Everyone else sounds fine, but it's like Naru's VA is speaking through a cone or something.

Baccano! 07

Things are explained.
Guys who drank the potion are immortals and follow some type of code.
It seems a lot of these guys are on the Pussyfoot. Things are starting to get interesting. It seems everyone has a purpose for being on that train other than just to rob or kill.

Chariot

That could very well be, but Kill La Kill isn't the anime to criticize that. The play everyone's fanservice for laughs, no matter if man or woman.
I wasn't targeting Kill la Kill (mostly because I haven't watched more than two episodes), but when it comes to social issues the "it does this to everyone" card is worth squat.

jgminto

Free! Eternal Summer 4
iEDKDb8pwf6xB.png

What kind of friends bump fists? I mean, really, at least high five if you're going to do some silly macho thing.

Chariot

And I nearly fell asleep again after only waking up 4 hours ago. The fuck. Time for some anime. Maybe I'll start Ilya's first season.
It's certainly something you can still enjoy even with a lack of sleep.

I wasn't targeting Kill la Kill (mostly because I haven't watched more than two episodes), but when it comes to social issues the "it does this to everyone" card is worth squat.
I see where you coming from one wrong does not make another right, but what I wanted to say is that KLK is just that kind of show. It's not taking it or anything it does serious (and I am pretty sure that it at some point didn't even know what it was doing).
But please let me know what exactly don't like about male fanservice played for laughs in general. Is it that any fanservice shouldn't played for laughs or that there is too few male fanservice in relation to the bulk of female? Are we talking gender inequality here or joking around with sexuality?

CorvoSol

Putting Arjuna on hold for a while to watch Golden Boy and Super YoYo with friends. They're loving both. But we have a "but but we already had these type of shows" kind of guy for Super YoYo :/

Okay, one: Arjuna is bad. Possibly the worst show Kawamori has ever put me through. And that rat bastard doesn't even give me some cool airplane mecha to wash it down, either. Instead it's just "hamburgers are poison but insect shit is not!"

Two, Golden Boy is amazing. YOU MUST WATCH THE DUB, but I assume you already knew that.

Three, try to prolong Mad Bull while watching Yami, because you gonna need it. Or, if you're fucking insane and need a bigger kick than possible, watch Yami and Kuttsukiboshi at the same time, because then you'll probably hate humanity enough to understand the place where Kawamori is coming from with Arjuna.

I mean, I know that after watching Yami I definitely had an increased desire to physically harm a teenage girl while raving about human civilization.

Three, try to prolong Mad Bull while watching Yami, because you gonna need it. Or, if you're fucking insane and need a bigger kick than possible, watch Yami and Kuttsukiboshi at the same time, because then you'll probably hate humanity enough to understand the place where Kawamori is coming from with Arjuna.

I mean, I know that after watching Yami I definitely had an increased desire to physically harm a teenage girl while raving about human civilization.

Haha

Chariot

Mokoi it's irritating to not see you with the nun or Nozomi.
So first episode of Non Non Biyori S2 will be them in Okinawa?
Seems like it. Or they start by coming back.

"Man, Okinawa was so awesome, remember when [...] and [...]? Oh and we will never forget the awesomeness of [...]"

/XX/

I am not a fan of rotoscoping and have a hard time to watch at Aku no Hana. Why not just making a live action, then... that.
Why not just let Mr. Nagahama & Co. do whatever they want? We are talking about a staff with background on animation production assigned the always graceful opportunity to do an animation production, but with a margin to do it in a particular way they wanted to explore. It is always interesting trying to play with the methods and the expectations of people:

Q: Why rotoscoping?

Nagahama: I read the original manga thoroughly, and I thought that the feeling from its artwork was actually more real and vivid than the manga artist had depicted. It felt very close to how we are. Living in reality, you see and feel a tactile sensation, and I wanted to evoke that feeling of real life as closely as possible. So my only choice was rotoscoping.
http://animediet.net/conventions/transcript-hiroshi-nagahama-aku-no-hana-director-animazement-panel

They first and foremost do and will do animation, and whichever method of choice they employ to accomplish it is their own way of playing with the medium... a medium they can call their own and help it change too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom