• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

So what you're saying is that the image would not be possible in the real world... but how is it stupid in context of a science fiction alternate reality anime where inner stellar flight is possible and mech suits are things that people use to fight wars with. It's called fiction for a reason, of course such a world map wouldn't be possible in the real world, nothing in the series is possible in the real world. You're looking waaaaaaay too in depth on something that really shouldn't be

I dunno, just because you break the rules of speed of light or the square-cube rule doesn't necessarily mean that the entire order of geography gets turned upside down as well, the generalised "It's fiction!" excuse never really holds up because otherwise suspension of disbelief would be automatic for all series forever

I get what you're saying though

wonzo

Banned
So what you're saying is that the image would not be possible in the real world... but how is it stupid in context of a science fiction alternate reality anime where inner stellar flight is possible and mech suits are things that people use to fight wars with. It's called fiction for a reason, of course such a world map wouldn't be possible in the real world, nothing in the series is possible in the real world. You're looking waaaaaaay too in depth on something that really shouldn't be
"hey guys dont analyse things"

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I wish this post was fictional.

jman2050

Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun 1

Dogakobo makes this an instant watch and, surprise surprise, it owns.

The entire bicycle scene was hilarious.

Why are you so attached to a show you've watched for 20 minutes?

Jarmel

Banned
The show mentions earthquakes from the moon blowing up, so I assume fragments hit the earth causing the earthquakes as I don't believe the moon imploding in of itself would cause earthquakes. Australia might have simply just gotten unlucky.

At times, I wish people remembered that just because it is fiction, does not mean it can't be held to real life standards in many cases.

Narag

Here's post-colony drop Sydney (assuming I find the right image lol):
WVRQLKnl.jpg

Look how much more vicious the new show is compared to this weak shit etc.

I dunno, just because you break the rules of speed of light or the square-cube rule doesn't necessarily mean that the entire order of geography gets turned upside down as well, the generalised "It's fiction!" excuse never really holds up because otherwise suspension of disbelief would be automatic for all series forever

I get what you're saying though

I mean if you can't suspend your disbelief then you basically turn into the spoony one, never being able to enjoy anything because you think too much about every little detail.

Narag

A realistic approach to some things (in this case: this map) can help with immersion and suspension of disbelief for other elements.

At times, I wish people remembered that just because it is fiction, does not mean it can't be held to real life standards in many cases.
True. But do you want to analyze how things would be in every instance? I'm pretty sure the Earth would be way worst off if half the Moon got blasted off. Like I'm pretty sure Earth shouldn't even be livable.

Oh. Well, in that case, everything's peachy I guess. A bang-up job by the mangaka. Flawless delivery.

jesus man did the anime shit in your cereal while gut punching your mother?

and why are you guys overanalyzing the first episode of A to the Z. Like if this continues you're only going to become more cynical.

RangerBAD

I'm not someone capable of explaining it in-depth anyways. Basically there's no acknowledgement of topography. Some asshole just carved out slices of a poorly traced map to make the world seem war torn. Some of the world's largest mountain ranges have been completely wiped off the map, and such large chunks of land mass have been erased that the possibility of the sea level remaining consistent throughout the rest of the world is pretty laughable. Certain pieces of landmass that carry extremely high elevation are completely missing but lowlands closer to the ocean are still in tact. If the missing points are just residual damage from attacks the target locations are pretty nonsensical, unless Martians simply have an unquenchable and irrational hatred for Australians.

woah dude, how could i ever stand to tear down the rich tapestry of aldnoah lore?

Don't worry. Be happy.

Why are you so attached to a show you've watched for 20 minutes?

I don't, I didn't even really enjoy Aldnoah all that much because it was a massively boring exposition dump with only a few teases of being decent.

Yes, and this is in a series of things that wouldn't be possible in real life and yet we're not complaining about any of them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
and why are you guys overanalyzing the first episode of A to the Z. Like if this continues you're only going to become more cynical.

If you really want a good time look up the thread history after the first episode of Fate/Zero.

duckroll and only a handful of others were vindicated.

(even though duckroll himself wrote off the show before hand because ufotable was involved)

wonzo

Banned
"guys who needs critical analysis and discussion over things when we can have more try hard episode reaction posts" *eats a literal bucket of shit*

Jintor

I actually got deep into cartography for about five days (insofar as you can get deep into anything by reading articles on the internet) when I was making a fantasy map. Dunno why. Something cool about mapping

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's shocking, but we were wrong all this time. It was Earth that was made of cheese, not the moon.

Narag

I can't even see Log Horizon and SAO being all that comparable at this point. They share the common MMO element but are their own beasts now, right?

Seems that'd be as disingenuous as comparing Bebop to Dandy at this point just because this dude flies around in space hunting for shit with some buds.

Superflat

Sorry the first episode of Fate/Zero is still bad. Even if the rest of the series isn't.

The first episode was pretty bad indeed. I would have preferred reading a text pamphlet to whatever the first episode was.

I was laughing in disbelief at the "walking in circles" scene. Soon after that I cried.

Is this going to turn into an all-out AnimeGAF war of critical analysis vs hyperbolic episode reviews?

Which side does the Hitler comparisons? I'll join that side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom