• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear a Cajun response. Hold onto your butts.
image.php

The answer's right there!

Morris

Disco Devil
Yo.

I loved Non Non Biyori a couple seasons ago and I need to watch something like that again. What should I be checking out this season?

Also I'm not sure I want to watch Crystal. Not emotionally ready for disappointment tbh...

Mokoi

Banned
Yo.

I loved Non Non Biyori a couple seasons ago and I need to watch something like that again. What should I be checking out this season?

Also I'm not sure I want to watch Crystal. Not emotionally ready for disappointment tbh...

Barakamon, it's this seasons feel good show.

Quasar

Nozaki-kun 1 - I enjoyed it. It all just made me feel terribly sad for Chiyo though. And rolling my eyes at another blockhead like Ichika Orimura. Him being a Shojou writer made that even worse for me somehow.

I was expecting more.

2 Seasons, 12 episodes and 1 movie?
OVAs later this year and a new TV series still being worked on that nobody knows much about.
Yo.

Try out Barakamon, it's got a similar rural setting and is also great.

wonzo

Banned
Sabagebu! 1

sabagebu1.jpg

Huh, this turned out to be a much more self-aware and entertaining version of the utterly woeful C3-bu than the the first few minutes lead on. The action scenes are much better and the rather trivial nature of the show kinda reminds me of a more restrained version of Teekyuu without the coke lines everywhere.

The surprise of the season so far.

Where did Dresden go?
On a journey of American YA fiction discovery. ;-;7

Quasar

Sabagebu! 1

Huh, this turned out to be a much more self-aware and entertaining version of the utterly woeful C3-bu than the the first few minutes lead on. The action scenes are much better and the rather trivial nature of the show kinda reminds me of a more restrained version of Teekyuu without the coke lines everywhere.

The surprise of the season so far.

Yeah. I didn't expect to like it at all, as I didn't C3. It would be in my top 3 of #1s so far.

Solune

Nozaki-kun 1 - I enjoyed it. It all just made me feel terribly sad for Chiyo though. And rolling my eyes at another blockhead like Ichika Orimura. Him being a Shojou writer made that even worse for me somehow.

Because Men can't write Shoujo?

Anyone want to bring me up to speed on the last 30 pages? Anything important that I missed? Any Clannad or Key/KyoAni impressions that I need to respond to?

Sorry I haven't been around lately. Been quite the busy body.

TUSR

Banned
Anyone want to bring me up to speed on the last 30 pages? Anything important that I missed? Any Clannad or Key/KyoAni impressions that I need to respond to?

Uguu~

I was too busy watching Melee all day, someone help us.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm not someone capable of explaining it in-depth anyways. Basically there's no acknowledgement of topography. Some asshole just carved out slices of a poorly traced map to make the world seem war torn. Some of the world's largest mountain ranges have been completely wiped off the map, and such large chunks of land mass have been erased that the possibility of the sea level remaining consistent throughout the rest of the world is pretty laughable. Certain pieces of landmass that carry extremely high elevation are completely missing but lowlands closer to the ocean are still in tact. If the missing points are just residual damage from attacks the target locations are pretty nonsensical, unless Martians simply have an unquenchable and irrational hatred for Australians.
I didn't notice this first time round.

I see the UK is still fine… wait what did they do to my beloved Sweden!

No! this is terrible. Dropped.

Anyone want to bring me up to speed on the last 30 pages?
I was correct about everything and everyone else was wrong. So business as usual.

Thoraxes

Well, AX is over. I had a good time, though I wish I could have done a lot more. Hanging out with friends and extreme lines made my time really limited, and as a result, things like industry panels took a back seat. Picked up a few things from the exhibit hall including my first cel and a couple new Conan figures. They really ought to consider moving to a larger convention center; it's entirely too small for the amount of people that are packed in there.

Very nice pickups.

Sword Art Online II 1

I expected a better opening episode. I don't know why but I did. I guess setting up a reason why Kirito must go save the virtual world again but this episode was slow. Maybe it will pick up in the next episode. So far most first episodes of this season are really underwhelming.

Rhapsody

Banned
Sword Art Online II 1

I expected a better opening episode. I don't know why but I did. I guess setting up a reason why Kirito must go save the virtual world again but this episode was slow. Maybe it will pick up in the next episode. So far most first episodes of this season are really underwhelming.

Get started on Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun if you haven't.

Mokoi

Banned
I was wrong about everything and everyone else was right. So business as usual.

FTFY

Sword Art Online II 1

How come there is no crosshair?

Link Man

Banned

All my Clannad impressions are at the end of the last thread. Felt like Episode 9 was a good place to stop until you had time to catch up.

Rainbow 02-04

In the dark depraved post war Japan, young boys must endure the depression, try to live with loved ones who suffer post traumatic stress disorder and remain strong as they lose their family in the nuclear blasts. There are so many emotionally charged scenes in this anime from vile hatred to inspiring redemption.

So far we've had the backstory of three characters explained, one for each episode. Each describes some consequence the character has to live with following the end of the second world war. So far each story has been great. Even the character first introduced as despicable, whose goal was to get everyone to hate him has found his redemption in such a short amount of time.

The episodes I have seen so far have all been about character building. I have to wonder what the main plot will be once we get through all of the characters' back stories.

All my Clannad impressions are at the end of the last thread. Felt like Episode 9 was a good place to stop until you had time to catch up.

Hey! Thanks! That was very considerate. I saw the impressions of episode 8 and 9. 9 was a good place to stop because it is an end of an arc in the show. I wonder how you will react to certain events over the course of this first season.

Oh well. Just glad you were digging it so far. What other shows have you been watching and enjoying.

That's like my second favorite scene in the show. My favorite of course is when face meets tree.

-------------------------

I have been meaning to ask this but how do people feel on here about Witchblade? Yay or Nay?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Space☆Dandy 14

IT'S FUCKING BACK, BABY. IT'S. FUCKING. BACK.

So many great references and gags. So great. SO GOOOOD.

R63 Meow and R63 Dandy are mai waifu

Dandy...I've missed you bad!

Space☆Dandy |OT| We Wanna Die, Baby

Mushi-shi Zoku Shou 10 HALF-TIME

Ginko, It's been good having you back. This new season has been tone-perfect, episode in and episode out, and has matched up so well with the old material. It's like Mushi-shi wasn't even gone. Such a calm, gentle series. Part and parcel with nature itself. Slow paced, but so gorgeous. I'll definitely be getting the BD/DVD for the extra two first season episodes and the dub, provided it comes back too. Need my Wilingham Ginko fix!

Oh and the soundtrack was still as stellar as ever. Has there ever been a Mushi-shi OST? As also a fan of ambient music, I NEED IT.

See you in the Fall, Ginko!

Captain Earth 12

Yeah this pretty fun! Way to turn it around Bones. It looks decent and it's all the check boxes for me: Blossoming romances? Check! Cool action sequences? Check! A wealth of interesting characters? Check!

FUCK THE RULES, TEPPEI

Ha, I was expecting a different kiss.
DTL denied.

lol wtf
He's immortal? wut why

Attack on Titan 6

lol dat walk you so sassy titan

how did
Aren even find them
?

yeah this is getting boring a little. is this where the pacing issues start to pop up?

Acchi Kocchi 6

zKLWbeN.gif

--

My Double Dose of List will be tomorrow. Oh boy.

Link Man

Banned
Hey! Thanks! That was very considerate. I saw the impressions of episode 8 and 9. 9 was a good place to stop because it is an end of an arc in the show. I wonder how you will react to certain events over the course of this first season.

Oh well. Just glad you were digging it so far. What other shows have you been watching and enjoying.

I've started watching Ranma 1/2, enjoying it so far. And, um, checking out a few new shows from this season. Not a whole lot, really, so I'll likely blaze through Clannad now that you're back.

Danj

I watched some episode 1s this weekend. Glasslip was a bit weird, not sure where they're going with that one but I'll watch another ep to see what direction it's heading. Rail Wars was fun but not what I expected (I thought it was going to turn out to be one of those alternate history things where train companies were fighting each other, like Library Wars or something). Argevollen seems to be this season's generic teenage-boy-gets-into-a-robot-and-turns-out-to-be-really-good-at-piloting-it thing, but so far it's fairly inoffensive so I'll probably watch more as I am a sucker for mecha. SAO II... well, as someone has already said, it's a shame this episode didn't get into the actual action but I guess they have to set up a reason for Kirito to go in. And of course Space Dandy S2 is as wacky or possibly even wackier than ever. I liked the genderbent Dandy :3

EDIT: forgot about Aldnoah Zero. Earth colonises Mars, there's a war, there's a cease-fire, then oh look somebody wants the war to start back up again. Also there's a promise of giant robots but we only get a brief glimpse of those during the first episode.

After much hibernation, I think I'm ready to get back into anime. Which means I'll be posting in here again. Seeing duckroll crack down on some of the shit in the last thread has made me more interested in returning. I haven't changed too much since my previous departure from this community, but I'll leave again if I find myself becoming a total asshole again. Still, expect plenty of pessimism. negativity, and misanthropy. :D With the exception of a certain character, I do feel bad about those I wronged here in the past. I don't want to make unnecessary drama, but I thought it would be bad for me to pop back in here without acknowledging the past.

What was the last season you watched? The good stuff this year has been Ping Pong, Mushishi S2, and the ongoing Hunter x Hunter.

I've started watching Ranma 1/2, enjoying it so far. And, um, checking out a few new shows from this season. Not a whole lot, really, so I'll likely blaze through Clannad now that you're back.

Sounds good. Take whatever pace you need. There are some gags coming up that some don't like. As long as you don't take them too seriously and take them for what they are (a joke) then you should be fine. But you liked Fuko's starfish daydreams so I think you'll be fine. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom