• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Going by the few chapters of the manga I've read from this....

i5qj4rN.jpg

Yeah well, KyotoAnimation have adapted less than stellar material into great shows in the past!

The distant past...

Go_Ly_Dow

That just seems to be the LN guy. It's obviously not the character designer for the anime, he doesn't work at Kyoani. Moreover, he's just an illustrator, not an animator or a designer for other shows.

Oh, but isn't that just the original character designer for the LN illustrations? That has been known since forever? I have no idea how this works...

I'm more interested in the voice actor list on MAL. Seems... weird and fake :p

there is hope!

Rainbow 05-06

We're now getting into the meat of the story. Sakuragi knows something the prison guard (Ishihara) and doctor don't want leaving the prison. Sakuragi is supposed to be released in one month and it is now Ishihara's goal to ensure Sakuragi doesn't live to see his release. The people working at this prison are all assholes who treat their prisoners like garbage and personal play things. The prisoners themselves haven't committed any major crimes and mostly petty crimes such as attempted robbery and assault. I have to wonder if Japan really was this bad back then.

Never before have I got so emotionally invested in the characters of an anime so quickly. I really want to see the MCs' success when they finally leave this god forsaken place.

Finalow

uhm, realized just now that Mushishi S2 has only 10 fucking episodes.

I hope that they're going for a S3 so they can finish it.

cajunator

Banned
Kyoto Animation - Amagi Brilliant Park

UgLzRlM.jpg

Takemoto, Yasuhiro
Director
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Hyouka
K-ON!!
Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu

Gatoh, Shoji
Original Creator

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Hyouka

+ a all new character designer.

Saved is Anime! Saved is KyoAnus! Hallelujah!

the Hyouka stuff worries me but the others put me more at ease.
It might be good.

If your skills are tried and true you can discuss Himegoto and Rail Wars! in the same post and leave duckroll stunned that the ban button was left untouched.

Thats easy if you just squee at the cuties.

I only lasted 5 episodes of this but the main character is like, the worst lead ever. Worse than Shinji and I hate that decrepit pile of depressed wank.

I guess I got a higher tolerance for such characters then, because I'm not sure why? Because he's so indecisive and whiny?

Mostly watching it for Yuno anyway.

I haven't been banned for my Free! gifs yet but I'm trying to keep them within the context of the show (swimming) and not purposefully lewd. If Duckroll has a problem with them, I'll tone them down further.

CorvoSol

Sometimes I think so many bans would be averted if people were forced to preview a post before submitting.

Nah. GameFAQs has a forced preview and it doesn't really prevent much of anything. Even when it forbids you from posting things that are against the rules.

Captain Earth 13

I wish I liked this show. On the one hand the mechanical animation and fights are pretty good, but on the other hand they're even shorter than Star Driver's already brief battles were, and unlike Star Driver the shit going on during the episode isn't really engaging/wacky enough to justify it to me. I mean, I actually kind of liked this Baku storyline, but I dunno, it feels like it's maybe too little at a stage that's what, half-way through the show's run? There's just been too much of this weird formula of nothing going on, with the Captain and his team being woefully dull compared to their largely uninteresting enemies.

I don't hate Captain Earth, but I'm running out of reasons to really keep watching it.

Sometimes I think so many bans would be averted if people were forced to preview a post before submitting.

That's really all there is to it.

I've always previewed my posts whenever I was about to make an argument here, especially as a junior.

And whenever I couldn't come up with anything, I just let it go.

One time here I tried to convince Corvo that Lelouch in Code Geass *major spoilers here* did in fact
not plan on using Euphemia to kill the Japanese and that there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Then he posted a big rebuttal and once I saw that he wasn't going to let go of his argument, I just left it at that.

When it comes to posting pictures, I'm just really paranoid. I go over them like crazy to try and cut out anything that could count as a bannable offense in them, lol.

phaze

I guess I got a higher tolerance for such characters then, because I'm not sure why? Because he's so indecisive and whiny?

Mostly watching it for Yuno anyway.

Pretty much. Terribly annoying voice too if I remember correctly.

Opening was dope though.

One Piece 21-22

Sanji is cool but even he couldn't save those episodes from dullness. I hear this famed Aarlong arc is supposed to be one of early high points of show but I don't know if I will manage to drag my butt that far.

Was I the only one into believing that the bad guys in Aldnoah Zero were real humanoid aliens and not a human colony that got independence years before?

This wasn't very clear at all

and because they have huge ships, different government type (nobility with Emperor), they talk of themselves as being different from humans... I thought they were truly non-humans!

Until I read Duckroll backstory summary I didn't know exactly it.

oh look I'm dead in this series (south of Spain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom