• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Just finished Akuma No Riddle.

That ending was horrible. Just about ruined the whole show for me unless i'm missing something.

I curse Cajun's figure collecting juju as more things came in today

Br_OFiNCAAA2TCD.jpg

Hugstable

Banned
Fate/Zero: Episode 1

I went into this show never having watched Fate/Stay Night, but since I heard it was a Prequel that's actually really good and finding out it's by Urobuchi anime, I got instantly interested. After watching this whole 40 minute episode, I have very little idea of what is actually going on. I see that there are about 4 different groups (families?) or mages and mage slayers that are all preparing for the summoning to being the Holy Grail War, but very little information is actually given out right now as to what the Holy Grail really does, or what their intentions are. I really like the animation so far, and while I did get warnings about the exposition at the start of this anime, I'm actually really wanting to keep watching just to answer the questions I already have, like why Kiriya all of a sudden ended up with grey hair, or who Kirei is. And lol at Waver just lucking out into having the tools to pull the summoning ritual off.

Overall, I'm a bit confused, but I'm getting ready to load up Episode 2. I really want to see where this story goes after that hype ED.

I went into this show never having watched Fate/Stay Night, but since I heard it was a Prequel that's actually really good and finding out it's by Urobuchi anime, I got instantly interested. After watching this whole 40 minute episode, I have very little idea of what is actually going on. I see that there are about 4 different groups (families?) or mages and mage slayers that are all preparing for the summoning to being the Holy Grail War, but very little information is actually given out right now as to what the Holy Grail really does, or what their intentions are. I really like the animation so far, and while I did get warnings about the exposition at the start of this anime, I'm actually really wanting to keep watching just to answer the questions I already have, like why Kiriya all of a sudden ended up with grey hair, or who Kirei is. And lol at Waver just lucking out into having the tools to pull the summoning ritual off.

Overall, I'm a bit confused, but I'm getting ready to load up Episode 2. I really want to see where this story goes after that hype ED.
The show does a decent job at explaining the war and how it works, but if you need more info don't hesitate to ask us.

Jawmuncher

Also finished up Soul Eater Not.
That was a fun little show and I honestly liked the trio there more than a lot of the cast in Soul Eater itself.

sonicmj1

Spice and Wolf 13

Onto the next journey.

I didn't get to learn as much about Holo as I'd hoped, but it was still a satisfying conclusion. I'm glad things turned out well.

I'm trying to make sense of how Lawrence feels towards Norah. It doesn't seem like he really loves her, but he feels really protective of her. I can see why he might feel responsible. But it does leave an open thread with Holo.

I enjoyed the series. There was some interesting economic stuff in it, but the core was really the interaction between Holo and Lawrence. I really liked watching them tease each other. They're both strong and useful in their own ways, they know each others' weaknesses, and they don't start drama when there's no need. They're a great couple.

I look forward to watching more of them someday.

cajunator

Banned

Are you watching the bluray/extended version? That one does a better job describing certain character motives and ideas.

You should watch Stay Night first.

It gets a lot of hate, but I enjoyed it. Will help you a lot going into Zero as well.

Yeah it honestly helped to already understand how the Fate universe worked from FSN. I didnt miss anything watching Fate Zero. However it does a sufficient job explaining whats going on.

Hugstable

Banned
Are you watching the bluray/extended version? That one does a better job describing certain character motives and ideas.

Yeah it honestly helped to already understand how the Fate universe worked from FSN. I didnt miss anything watching Fate Zero. However it does a sufficient job explaining whats going on.

Is what they have on CrunchyRoll the extended version? I'm gonna guess no but I don't really know :(

When did squee become a state of being?

Couple years ago.

If squee is happiness then I wish I can be as optimistic and happy as Cajun.

Oh cool another person starting Fate/Zero. Neat.

Yeah the first episode has a lot of exposition and some characters actually look a lot alike when you first see everything. Kiriya doesn't have grey hair. That is someone else entirely. But you will realize that as you progress through the series. It just throws a lot at you in the first episode.

Hugstable

Banned
If squee is happiness then I wish I can be as optimistic and happy as Cajun.

Oh cool another person starting Fate/Zero. Neat.

Yeah the first episode has a lot of exposition and some characters actually look a lot alike when you first see everything. Kiriya doesn't have grey hair. That is someone else entirely. But you will realize that as you progress through the series. It just throws a lot at you in the first episode.

Yeah it does, I got alot of the character confused for about the first 20 minutes or so, I started to become able to distinguish them a little closer to the end. And if the dude with Grey/silverish hair isn't Kiriya then who's he and which one is Kiriya?

I was able to enjoy F/Z with no knowledge of F/SN, yeah that first episode and a half was utterly ridiculous but just watching the action I picked up on most of what was going on

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yeah it does, I got alot of the character confused for about the first 20 minutes or so, I started to become able to distinguish them a little closer to the end. And if the dude with Grey/silverish hair isn't Kiriya then who's he and which one is Kiriya?

First of all it's Kariya. He's from one of the three mage families mentioned in the show, the Matous. Secondly, it's white hair because of him using the Crest Worms as made point b how it eats away at his body. Lastly, the other guys are Kiritsugu Emiya and Kirei Kotomine.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Go boot up episode 11 and if the runtime is 29 minutes-ish it's the extended version. If not, then... well. you got jipped.

I'm watching it on Netflix but I need to know this too.

Even if not, it's fine. I literally just watched the show with a friend who had never seen it, and besides a few questions he had that were answered later in another episode or by me (which you could google or ask here) he had no problems understanding the show or characters.

Only thing that really wasn't explained too much was the 3 big magician family thing.

Narag

I watched Fate/Zero on crunchyroll and I am watching the dub on netflix. They are exactly the same so far.

It's referring to episode 11 specifically. CR's runtime has it as ~23 minutes. If Netflix has it at ~29 as stated above, you'll hit the new content there.

Midonin

Sailor Moon 17-18

Swimsuits and a camera guy, and creepy dolls. The statue at the end of 18 just made me think of how Sailor Moon figures and Figuarts are a big deal these days. I enjoyed both of these episodes, though it's clear the show's settling into the calm period between the reveal of Mako and whatnot. But one-offs like these still give texture to the world. And Usagi's still doing things solo - Rei and Ami haven't really had much screentime lately - but they're there. Vaguely remembered who Mika was. Having her back was a good use of a minor character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom