• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Jinsei 1

Eh. Fanservicey comedy show with lame jokes. Will likely drop if this doesn't pick up.

Though, despite what you may think from the OP description
this doesn't look like it will be a harem show.

Mature

Well, the problem is that Arise just feels like it exists because I.G. have a popular IP they wish to exploit, not because they have a story they wish to tell. This is true for many shows, I'm sure, but it just feels like no-one cared that much about the show itself.
Which is particularly striking when you place it next to the other creators who have had their hands on the series. Oshii and Kamiyama seem to both be known for soliciting a message.

Jinsei 01

Pretty good OP and ED.

Not really sure how to feel about this series yet, thought it would be a harem at first. Seems like this show is like Joshiraku, Hyouge Mono and Hoozuki no Reitetsu that it's so Japanese it makes it difficult to translate

Jex

[Hunter x Hunter] - 137

And now we enter the final stage. I wonder what Madhouse are gonna do when they wrap this series up.

Hamatora 1

Pretty good episode. Wasn't too interested at first, but it really caught my interest about halfway through. I'll probably check out some more episodes tonight. Hajime is adorable.

Is this a new series? I thought it was odd that CR had 12 episodes up already.

mankoto

Hamatora 1

Pretty good episode. Wasn't too interested at first, but it really caught my interest about halfway through. I'll probably check out some more episodes tonight. Hajime is adorable.

Is this a new series? I thought it was odd that CR had 12 episodes up already.
The first half played during the winter season.

Reboot Berserk/Kingdom/Saint Seiya or something.

Yes please.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hm... It's some kind of moment of reflection about things that have passed and might not happen again or something like that?
Yeah, a celebration and reflection on the transient moments of life. It's why high school graduations are such a part of nostalgic anime... it's constantly reproducing that moment over and over again.

It hurts knowing that Berserk only has a future of terrible cg ahead of itself.

Silver lining? There will soon be a day where I'll be able to buy this:
Steffykin1404663096.jpeg
231345.jpg

It's made by Max Factory, so it's bound to be cheaper than the Art of War statues.

yeah im actually working as one, not a PEng yet though.

your work ethic and habits will get better by second/third year and it will seem easier when it really isn't.

PEng? I'm in UK btw whats that?

It hurts knowing that Berserk only has a future of terrible cg ahead of itself.

The movies are okay.

The anime was pretty amazing but thats because the Golden Age arc is pretty much the greatest manga arc ever.

Berserk was worth reading just for that.

Chariot

I remember i posted this picture before WC open

Damn,what a idol anime,the closest 4 to Honoka are the semi final teams
...Oh wait,mabye i should bet on Argentina tomorrow
Now I have to imagine Kotori wrestling Rin and bashing her head repeatedly against a wall while laughing with her high voice.

jbug617

Banned
Jinsei 1

Eh. Fanservicey comedy show with lame jokes. Will likely drop if this doesn't pick up.

Though, despite what you may think from the OP description
this doesn't look like it will be a harem show.

I got GJ BU vibe from it. Especially since Mao makes an appearance at the beginning.

fertygo

Are they going to change writers next episode? If not, all the problems from episode 1 will continue in episode 2, but there's no guarantee that the quality of the animation will hold up in comparison.

We haven't seeing anything from trailer tho, so there's at least 1-2 more good eps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom