• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
After that game...time to go back to an anime/manga avatar...and watch anime. lol

Edit: top of the page fuck.

I watched Birdy the mighty, it was fun, nice fight choreography and started Decode.

Sabagebu 1

Already a way better C3-bu than C3-bu. Hopefully like it'll just be a nice gag comedy and not get bogged down by ridiculous melodrama about being the best airsoftsmen.

cajunator

Banned
extremely canadian

wut?

Cutie Canadian ^^

I remember i posted this picture before WC open

Damn,what a idol anime,the closest 4 to Honoka are the semi final teams
...Oh wait,mabye i should bet on Argentina tomorrow

The only good thing to come from the WC is the Tim howard meme and the soccer girls fanart.

Sailor Moon Crystal Episode 1

With Usagi as its guardian, Earth is truly fucked beyond belief.

Actually not as bad as you'd think.

PEng? I'm in UK btw whats that?

The movies are okay.

The anime was pretty amazing but thats because the Golden Age arc is pretty much the greatest manga arc ever.

Berserk was worth reading just for that.

I saw that as Penguin.

cajunator

Banned
Ok I went out and bought a few groceries, snacks, did the dishes, hugged my roommate and ran around my room bouncing and squeeing at cute things so its time to watch Nozaki kun.

That I've heard that before, do you guys use 1st angle projection over there still?

We learn both and use both but 3rd angle projection is the one used most often. Its also the one that is more intuitive imo.

After that game...time to go back to an anime/manga avatar...and watch anime. lol

Edit: top of the page fuck.

I watched Birdy the mighty, it was fun, nice fight choreography and started Decode.

Birdy Decode is a great anime. The fight animations are pretty amazing as are the characters.

Poor Brazil lol.

2 Engineering diplomas, 1 degree, Level 1 CWB inspector, etc

I got customer drawings today from a European based company, and they were all first angle...

UK doesn't follow EU very often even though we are in it lol

It seems UK changes after WW2 when drawings had to be sent to US for manufacturing.

animegaf, what is your profession/training anyhow

2nd year student studying Mechanical Engineering.

Tenumi

Banned

Technically I've got an Associate's Degree in Computer Information Systems, but... well, I don't like to talk about it. Consider it non-canon.

I just sit here and do nothing. That's my profession.

Rurouni Kenshi Episode 2 (engdub)

FInally made it to the second year after many months. It was hilarious for Yahiko has really saved and redeemed the series from being yet another sword series. It was starting to pale in comparison to Hakuoki but has now become its own thing. Yahiko
dice scene
was the best part.

The dub was odd at least in the use of a southern american accent going on for the one of the female servers. It just didnt sound right in the era for this anime and at least my first time hearing someone do it in a dub.

Just finished The Woof Among Us. For the few of you here that are Fables fans/were interested in the universe and maybe reading the comics definitely give it a try. Final episode is a bit short, but man what an ending scene. Straight out of old detective noir films.

About to graduate as a civil engineer. Will be looking for jobs in the oil/energy business and hopefully I can stick around Houston since most of my friends are here.

789shadow

Banned
About to start senior year in Biochemistry. Wish I had more solid plans for what to do after school.........or more things on my resume.

bioinformatics statistics & quantitative analysis degree

Now a fungal allergy scientist

image.php

fungi= mushroom. Mushroom has the chance to look like a....

cajunator

Banned

I went to college, switched degrees three times, then dropped out.
Then I spent 12 years as a transportation dispatcher so I guess theres that.
I guess all Im qualified to do is squee and bounce and manage a $10 million fleet of trucks hehee

Hugstable

Banned
Fate/Zero Episode 5/6

Episode 5 is filled with even more action and we get more displays of Rider power and his Brochariot smash attack.
Kinda funny watching everyone have trouble with Berserker, but Rider just runs his ass over.
Episode 6 start off as Initial D, CG cars and all lol. I'm liking where this anime is going so far, so I'm just gonna keep watching for awhile :D

I'm like a year and half away from an getting a Bachelors of science in nursing and a bit more for RN certification.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I appreciate these responses.

This is sort of what I'm getting at. I'm not just looking at the incident isolated but in the context of what I have seen so far.

At the very least, I don't think the series is wholly sexist but it definitely has problems. Some of which are inherent like duckroll said due to it being very focused on men.

If Urobuchi is against idealism, it's not much of a stretch to think him an antifeminist and that it would be present in his works to some extent.

But he does acknowledge her gender. He calls her a little girl.
As I said before, whether Rider was being sexist is a moot point and not the issue.

I would say, specifically in episode 11, that it's not only a clash of ideologies but cultures as well. I always thought Rider and Archer were very sexist but that's because their personality and actions are formed by the culture they grew up in. Rider and Archer both grew up in a very patriarchal and male-dominant society. As a result it's no wonder that they act the way they do. The idea of knighthood is associated with males. Even in Game of Thrones. Even Lancer is shocked to find out that a female can go toe-to-toe with him. I believe the sexism in the show is inherent because of the nature of the premise.

exaggerating what?

that was yesterday's issue, today it's about that one scene and her claim of Saber being told at all is sexism in itself and I think that's invalid entirely.

in response she's pretty much calling me sexist instead, ridiculous.

Ever heard of feminist critique? That's what femme is doing. If you can't tell then I think you come across as rather ignorant in all honesty. Just because you're viewing it some lens that you're unable to see doesn't make it necessarily wrong. Not only that but viewing something as sexist, or not, isn't inherently wrong. It's just another form of analysis and critique.

Since there's going to be confusion of misinformation here is the correct list:

:chet = life, particularly large ones. The more :chet the better.
:thonik = hometown
:dtl = yaoi
:sdburton: yuri
:cajun = hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng
:firehawk = mono no aware
:wonzo = QUALITY
:duckroll = false hype (not to be confused with duckroll future which is CG)
:cnet = [post=81717473]Oh dear oh dear oh dear[/post]
:kayos = a state of confusion that is unique to the member kayos90

I call BS on this because you guys use it on other people all the time!

cajunator

Banned
I would say, specifically in episode 11, that it's not only a clash of ideologies but cultures as well. I always thought Rider and Archer were very sexist but that's because their personality and actions are formed by the culture they grew up in. Rider and Archer both grew up in a very patriarchal and male-dominant society. As a result it's no wonder that they act the way they do. The idea of knighthood is associated with males. Even in Game of Thrones. Even Lancer is shocked to find out that a female can go toe-to-toe with him. I believe the sexism in the show is inherent because of the nature of the premise.

Ever heard of feminist critique? That's what femme is doing. If you can't tell then I think you come across as rather ignorant in all honesty. Just because you're viewing it some lens that you're unable to see doesn't make it necessarily wrong. Not only that but viewing something as sexist, or not, isn't inherently wrong. It's just another form of analysis and critique.

I call BS on this because you guys use it on other people all the time!

wait, what?

Jarmel

Banned
Almost forgot, some minor AX14 stuff:
tumblr_mx2y80kfZI1rktdaso1_500.png

-So I got to try out the Occulus Rift with Asuna/SAO. They had four demos running, two SAO related and the other two Miku related. It was luck of the draw which one you actually got to use so I was happy that the SAO one after waiting in line for 20 minutes. Anyway the first one opened up with the Blue Eyed Demon battle and you watch Asuna fight for a little bit. The visuals weren't really that impressive and I was left underwhelmed for the most part. The second one blew my mind. It was really simple, mainly Asuna sleeping under a tree. The thing is though is that when you look around, it's almost like you're in Aincrad. There's just open skies and roads around you. I would be willing to kill for a high production MMO like that. Just exploring wherever I want. The OR visuals as a whole leave a bit to be desired, mainly in that the resolution is still too low. The head tracking was good though and I couldn't detect any latency.

In short, give me a high production SAO MMO and it will destroy any semblance of a life I have.

-I never saw all of the Trigger staff together at once. Even at the KLK panel, Tattun and Wakabayashi weren't on stage. Sort of weird.

-The KLK panel was straight questions from the audience, which I appreciated. I hated some of the other panels such as the Space Dandy one because a bunch of questions were already prepared and just useless filler interview shit. The best panels had a lot of fan interaction.

-My favorite panels were the KLK and Titmouse one. The Titmouse one just because they spoke English and so there wasn't a language barrier between them and the audience. It allowed for people to yell out and the guys upfront to know exactly what they meant. Not having the barrier of a translator really allows a fluidity that was missing from many of the other panels. Also the guys from Titmouse were pretty funny as a bunch. The KLK panel was great for the reason explained above. I also really loved the Trigger panel just due to all the new stuff they showed off. I didn't have a chance to go to as many panels as I wanted to but the good ones were really good.

-The Eir Aoi concert was better than I expected. I really don't most of her OPs but she did a fine job in a live setting.

-Lines were absolutely insane especially for anything noteworthy on the schedule. Thank you god that I had the foresight last year to buy a Premium Pass.

-AX as a whole was really mismanaged this year. I don't blame the volunteers but the higher-ups as basic shit that should have gone smoothly, didn't. Everything seemed to run late and/or be a complete mess.

-Biggest fuckup of the con is a tie between AX staff for autographs on Day 2 and Funimation for the Terror in Resonance premiere. How the fuck do you not check the video file before demonstrating it to a live audience of roughly 500 people?

-Did I mention that Trigger is really popular? Guys all over the place in KLK cosplay. :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I would rather this thread not turn into a who is sexist thread. These topics tend to get people riled up and possibly banned.

If people get too invested and start spouting fallacies up the whazoo then yeah. If you have to think about whether a post should be made or not then you shouldn't post it. Most of the people in this forum tend not to so.... yeah.

If people get too invested and start spouting fallacies up the whazoo then yeah. If you have to think about whether a post should be made or not then you shouldn't post it. Most of the people in this forum tend not to so.... yeah.
I have only ever really gotten my jimmies rustled once in this forum and it was during a dark souls 2 argument.

They were not only rustled. They were Kurt Rustled.

cajunator

Banned
Wait... which part are you "wait, what?"ing to?

all of it

I'm a hikkikomori working odd-jobs to support my hobbies.

Livin the life :)

Almost forgot, some minor AX14 stuff:
tumblr_mx2y80kfZI1rktdaso1_500.png

-So I got to try out the Occulus Rift with Asuna/SAO. They had four demos running, two SAO related and the other two Miku related. It was luck of the draw which one you actually got to use so I was happy that the SAO one after waiting in line for 20 minutes. Anyway the first one opened up with the Blue Eyed Demon battle and you watch Asuna fight for a little bit. The visuals weren't really that impressive and I was left underwhelmed for the most part. The second one blew my mind. It was really simple, mainly Asuna sleeping under a tree. The thing is though is that when you look around, it's almost like you're in Aincrad. There's just open skies and roads around you. I would be willing to kill for a high production MMO like that. Just exploring wherever I want. The OR visuals as a whole leave a bit to be desired, mainly in that the resolution is still too low. The head tracking was good though and I couldn't detect any latency.

In short, give me a high production SAO MMO and it will destroy any semblance of a life I have.

-I never saw all of the Trigger staff together at once. Even at the KLK panel, Tattun and Wakabayashi weren't on stage. Sort of weird.

-The KLK panel was straight questions from the audience, which I appreciated. I hated some of the other panels such as the Space Dandy one because a bunch of questions were already prepared and just useless filler interview shit. The best panels had a lot of fan interaction.

-My favorite panels were the KLK and Titmouse one. The Titmouse one just because they spoke English and so there wasn't a language barrier between them and the audience. It allowed for people to yell out and the guys upfront to know exactly what they meant. Not having the barrier of a translator really allows a fluidity that was missing from many of the other panels. Also the guys from Titmouse were pretty funny as a bunch. The KLK panel was great for the reason explained above. I also really loved the Trigger panel just due to all the new stuff they showed off. I didn't have a chance to go to as many panels as I wanted to but the good ones were really good.

-The Eir Aoi concert was better than I expected. I really don't most of her OPs but she did a fine job in a live setting.

-Lines were absolutely insane especially for anything noteworthy on the schedule. Thank you god that I had the foresight last year to buy a Premium Pass.

-AX as a whole was really mismanaged this year. I don't blame the volunteers but the higher-ups as basic shit that should have gone smoothly, didn't. Everything seemed to run late and/or be a complete mess.

-Biggest fuckup of the con is a tie between AX staff for autographs on Day 2 and Funimation for the Terror in Resonance premiere. How the fuck do you not check the video file before demonstrating it to a live audience of roughly 500 people?

-Did I mention that Trigger is really popular? Guys all over the place in KLK cosplay. :(

Oculus sounds really awesome. Its too bad they tried to ruin it with Asuna but its really more about the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom