• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I finished through the Four Devas Arc from Gintama and I have to say it was splendid. The way it build up the arc and maintained to produce feels was so very satisfying. I ended up being sad, especially when I understood the development of the situation. It was great seeing the Yakuza, Cabaret girls/guys, Yorozuya, blacksmith, inventor, and firefighter girl interact together to save Kabuki district.

I also finally found out that this gif was from this arc.

tumblr_n0buqgQLB31tn7c4ao1_500.gif

This definitely gonna be in the list of gifs that I use. I mean both Gintoki and Jirocho are manly.

Nah. Just gotta keep a good run ship. Nothing is inherently wrong with AnimeGAF itself.

It's not that there's anything wrong with animegaf, it's just now we're actually entertaining the idea of censorship. And given how anime threads go to shit because of shit posters almost all the time, this thread may very well be on death's row, even if we're squeaky clean.

cajunator

Banned
It's not that there's anything wrong with anime, it's just now we're actually entertaining the idea of censorship. And given how anime threads go to shit because of shit posters almost all the time, this thread may very well be on death's row, even if we're squeaky clean.

Why would this thread be on death row?

I think AnimeGAF is on a death warrant now.

i have no idea what subject is allowed .
Seriously.
Is double meanings really that problematic ? Especially when it's the subject of the anime is question ?
Is animegaf at that point when "for the sake of keeping a good run" , talking become so hard ?

I can't.. i love posting my impression on anime.As long as i respect who i'm writing to i won't change.

Anyway , back to anime.
Because we're an anime thread. One that has been told on several occasions to tone down the lewd.

No idea where lewd was used

Which we did. Duckroll drew the line.

I think everything's gonna be all right.

I'm just not quite comfortable now that we've shown to basically ban discussions on certain games, and I'm well aware that there are games (and anime) that get unfairly shat on for things that don't actually exist. You know, similarly to how gaming was thought to be satanic or whatever.

I'm just not quite comfortable now that we've shown to basically ban discussions on certain games, and I'm well aware that there are games (and anime) that get unfairly shat on for things that don't actually exist. You know, similarly to how gaming was thought to be satanic or whatever.

Are you talking about the Criminal Girls thing? Did a mod say that threads about it can't be made anymore?

Well those threads always go the same way, they always devolve into pointless arguments. I don't think it's really a loss.

Edit: While I do think banning threads about a game is kind of silly, the threads themselves are nearly pointless anyway and never end up about the actual game. While they're at it, DmC threads should be locked in the first 50 posts because those always go the same way too.

duckroll

Which we did. Duckroll drew the line.

I think everything's gonna be all right.

Everything will only be all right if everyone wants to make it all right. A community is made up of the people in it. We all have to do a part in dictating what the tone of a community is. I can set the tone, but point out what I think would benefit everyone. But that's about all I can do, other than posting images of cool robots! :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I finished through the Four Devas Arc from Gintama and I have to say it was splendid. The way it build up the arc and maintained to produce feels was so very satisfying. I ended up being sad, especially when I understood the development of the situation. It was great seeing the Yakuza, Cabaret girls/guys, Yorozuya, blacksmith, inventor, and firefighter girl interact together to save Kabuki district.

I also finally found out that this gif was from this arc.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/4fa1f3b5b944e0b359b371566ec72c05/tumblr_n0buqgQLB31tn7c4ao1_500.gif

This definitely gonna be in the list of gifs that I use. I mean both Gintoki and Jirocho are manly.

You just need Kanna crying in there. lol

And Four Devas is god tier. Only thing wrong with it is the fact that more people don't come back to help at the end.

Himegoto 1
The premise seems extremely reminiscent of Hayate except with more crossdressing. The show seems decently funny though.

I find it very funny that it even has the same parents

Himegoto%20-%2001.jpg

Same face and all.

My mom and dad have debt all over the place and yakuza were on me !
So many similitudes on the initial premise. As long as he doesn't become a all rounder combat butler , we'll be ok i guess.

CorvoSol

Everything will only be all right if everyone wants to make it all right. A community is made up of the people in it. We all have to do a part in dictating what the tone of a community is. I can set the tone, but point out what I think would benefit everyone. But that's about all I can do, other than posting images of cool robots! :)

CG ROBITS DON'T COUNT, BOSS.

Narag

waifuwednesday to be replaced by mechamondays.

we did it, corvo, we did it

Are you talking about the Criminal Girls thing? Did a mod say that threads about it can't be made anymore?

Well those threads always go the same way, they always devolve into pointless arguments. I don't think it's really a loss.

Edit: While I do think banning threads about a game is kind of silly, the threads themselves are nearly pointless anyway and never end up about the actual game. While they're at it, DmC threads should be locked in the first 50 posts because those always go the same way too.

It happened right in the Criminal Girls thread, where ModBot flat out stated that there will be no more topics about it. Which also bothers me with how ModBot is used since it just gives me the feeling that no one can own up to whoever modded the topic (which I find really weird when it's a thread gone to complete shit).

The reason why those threads in particular go to shit is because people feel the need to post whatever and derail a thread. Doesn't matter if it's about a lewd game or simply not reading past the title.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I find it very funny that it even has the same parents

My mom and dad have debt all over the place and yakuza were on me !
So many similitudes on the initial premise. As long as he doesn't become a all rounder combat butler , we'll be ok i guess.
I almost feel like the maid outfit itself is a reference to Hayate.

That said, I can't remember how the manga actually started.

It happened right in the Criminal Girls thread, where ModBot flat out stated that there will be no more topics about it. Which also bothers me with how ModBot is used since it just gives me the feeling that no one can own up to whoever modded the topic (which I find really weird when it's a thread gone to complete shit).

The reason why those threads in particular go to shit is because people feel the need to post whatever and derail a thread. Doesn't matter if it's about a lewd game or simply not reading past the title.
It does feel weird to use ModBot, since it seems like no one wants to take responsibility for the shut down.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
-So I got to try out the Occulus Rift with Asuna/SAO. They had four demos running, two SAO related and the other two Miku related. It was luck of the draw which one you actually got to use so I was happy that the SAO one after waiting in line for 20 minutes. Anyway the first one opened up with the Blue Eyed Demon battle and you watch Asuna fight for a little bit. The visuals weren't really that impressive and I was left underwhelmed for the most part. The second one blew my mind. It was really simple, mainly Asuna sleeping under a tree. The thing is though is that when you look around, it's almost like you're in Aincrad. There's just open skies and roads around you. I would be willing to kill for a high production MMO like that. Just exploring wherever I want. The OR visuals as a whole leave a bit to be desired, mainly in that the resolution is still too low. The head tracking was good though and I couldn't detect any latency.

Yeah, I have to say initially I was underwhelmed. The battle scene wasn't that immersive, and it kind of felt like you were sitting there just watching a screen. Part of this might have been because in both demos you were a stationary observer with no control. Maybe it was the outside environment. I think it was definitely smart of them to have a SAO demo ready to get the anime crowd into seats, but I'm also not sure it was a good demo to show off the OR either. The second demo was bit better though. It's a shame it was so short, because it took a couple of minutes for the immersion or "presence" thing to set in. It wasn't immediate like I thought it would be - but I gradually started to feel more "there" the longer it was on. The weirdest part is coming out of it though. Totally jarring. Like "WHOA, where am I even?? Is this real life again? I'm at a convention now? OH it's time to go."

-Did I mention that Trigger is really popular? Guys all over the place in KLK cosplay. :(

For real. I was actually joking that the crowd was all Crunchyroll's fault. But it does make one wonder what kind of impact streaming sites like Crunchyroll and Netflix have had on the scene. Looking around it seemed like miles and miles of KLK and Attack on Titan cosplay. With the easy accessibility of mainstream titles online I wonder how much the general fan base has grown in the past few years. This AX was actually uncomfortable at times, and felt like more effort than enjoyment. Still had fun through it all though.

Am I supposed to understand this?

Yes. You are a human being. You are required to know who Kurt Russell is, at the very minimum.

Is Aquarion Evol any good?

Yes its pretty amazing especially the scenes when they combine and get all intensely passionate about it.

Story has some great moments especially second half.

I still miss its op and ed, Akino and Bless4 and along with Aiki need to do more music, their songs in this anime were great.

789shadow

Banned
Sabagebu! Episode 1

OH MY GOD THIS IS AMAZING. Please tell me this is a wholly original show created specifically to shit on C3-bu

Is Aquarion Evol any good?

It's...okay from what I've seen. I've only watched about halfway through of it and am meaning on finishing it later on.

The dub is good though, and I really like the first OP that plays often during the fights.

So I've never seen it and I only know it from Super Robot Wars which I cannot understand but I don't find myself particularly interested in ever watching it.

Which, I suppose, really tells you nothing, haha.

It's also full of CG mechs.

Princess Tutu - 1

Oh hey Killua from Hunter X Hunter! Fancy meeting you here and fancy you being the main love interest!

No Mr. Cat. Animal Crossing was after the left turn of Albuquerque.

Pardon me, Mr. Story Teller, but aren't you the main villain of that Phoenix Wright and Layton game? What are you doing here?

Wait, she actually is a Duck? Oh dear, maybe we ARE in Animal Crossing after all! What's your friend code Mr. Story Teller? How high are turnip prices going for in your town?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom