• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatmac

Why's Illya such an idiot? She basically said that she wanted to go back to her old life last season and regretted it. Now she basically said the same thing. Dumb. The show needs more Shiro. He's really been underused.

Phatmac

The show is wacky. Sakura is such a lovable asshole. Momiji is a pathetic loveable bad-luck god. Its hilarious and cute and unique. It needs a second season.
Sounds like it's be up my alley! I'll be sure to post my impressions of the show when I get to it.

Narag

[Doremi Sharp] - 14

I'm actually still watching Doremi.

This episode as considerably better than the last, probably because it focused on Pop and Pop related antics which are generally pretty entertaining.
0MKpIF8.jpg

I've grown increasingly concerned that Hito may have actually been a ghost all this time and your watching Doremi finally gave him peace enough to pass on.

Why's Illya such an idiot? She basically said that she wanted to go back to her old life last season and regretted it. Now she basically said the same thing. Dumb. The show needs more Shiro. He's really been underused.

Never thought i'd see the day when someone ask for more shiro in a fate stay night anime.

OceanBlue

Oh shit, I didn't make that connection at all. It does seem really silly. I haven't watched the episode yet, but IIRC from the manga Illya just says it without thinking through the implications. Yeah, Illya's an idiot. :V

Shirou is just a normal guy in Prisma Illya so I guess it's not that weird that he doesn't appear that much. He still manages to get a harem anyway lol.

Phatmac

Never thought i'd see the day when someone ask for more shiro in a fate stay night anime.
Shiro hasn't said anything stupid in this anime. He's actually the most normal person in the whole show. Plus it's funny that all the girls love him even though he hasn't done anything to earn it.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
While I agree with pretty much all of your points, I think the action is decent and the plot/setting are at least...ok. It's not something I'd recommend (whether I'd deter people probably depends on the person), but it is incredibly middle-of-the-road. "Watchable" is probably the word I'm looking for, and the show never so much as places a toe beyond that line. Personally I'd give it about a 6, and only because I typically reserve 5 for stuff that truly bores me or pisses me off.

I will say I think it has some of the most bland characters I've ever seen in a work of fiction, though.
Agree 100%. Something doesn't have to be the great anime ever to not suck. Are there better anime out there in a variety of categories? Sure. But for decent visuals and a competent story the show is hardly unwatchable, especially for just 12 episodes. I do hope season 2 adequately builds on it. If not I'm not sure if I'd stick with it. But if they continue to flesh out threads intro'ed in season 1 it could actually be pretty good.

Phatmac

Oh shit, I didn't make that connection at all. It does seem really silly. I haven't watched the episode yet, but IIRC from the manga Illya just says it without thinking through the implications. Yeah, Illya's an idiot. :V

Shirou is just a normal guy in Prisma Illya so I guess it's not that weird that he doesn't appear that much. He still manages to get a harem anyway lol.
A shame that she lost her intelligence from FSN but I guess that isn't the point of the show. Shiro isn't horrible so far in this anime so I'd like more. It's actually a good chance to show the sibling relationship between Illya and Shiro since that aspect wasn't explored all that well in FSN. It's not really a good idea to expect much from this show so that probably won't happen.

0MKpIF8.jpg

I've grown increasingly concerned that Hito may have actually been a ghost all this time and your watching Doremi finally gave him peace enough to pass on.

I've actually paused my Doremi watch because of his inactivity.

Just waiting for him to get back so he can watch more Black Jack.

Agree 100%. Something doesn't have to be the great anime ever to not suck. Are there better anime out there in a variety of categories? Sure. But for decent visuals and a competent story the show is hardly unwatchable, especially for just 12 episodes. I do hope season 2 adequately builds on it. If not I'm not sure if I'd stick with it. But if they continue to flesh out threads intro'ed in season 1 it could actually be pretty good.
The word "competent" has lost all meaning. A competent story doesn't have unintentionally hilarious dramatic moments.

The word "competent" has lost all meaning. A competent story doesn't have unintentionally hilarious dramatic moments.

Yeah and I personally wouldn't call the visuals competent either. In fact, I was constantly baffled how smudged/grimy everything looked. Also falling under visuals are the character designs which were so simple and similar that I was often troubled telling characters apart.

Well, it didn't help that the show did a terrible job at telling you who's who in the first place. I actually rewatched the first episode because I felt like I missed the names being dropped. But the first episode really doesn't introduce you well to the characters at all. There's like 15 of them before you finally get a specific name.

But back to the character design... so many clones. And
I loved how the 'actual Clones' of those elder characters didn't look like their own self, but like someone else image. Like what the hell was that all about?

Now I could go on and on about other issues as well, but instead I'll just add that I felt like the sum of this show is worse than any single part.

VRMN

This is a complication caused by adaptation decay, actually. In the manga version of season one she wasn't venting on Miyu but rather freaking out because of her power overload that she didn't understand. Because this whole thing was simplified because they didn't know if there would be a season two, they shifted it from Illya fearing her own abilities to a Miyu v. Illya conflict.

Here they're playing it as the manga did, but it's repeating elements of the S1 conflict.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just finished Anohana and man that ending. :(
Time to watch the movie!

Again!! 2
um3LOI4l.png

With the arrival of best girl, there's no reason to scrub any more. As an adaptation they seem to be doing basically the safe page-by-page thing. It might be worth checking out the last episode just to see how they bother ending the series.

(Which reminds me to watch the Yamada and the Seven Witches ending at some point).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I'd tag quote here, but to add at least something further to the discussion I'd have to say I disagree and while it won't win any awards at the same time you're being hilariously dramatic about it as well.

To each their own I suppose. The show was harmless, though hardly offensive as some would suggest. Yawn.

Branduil

Rumbling Hearts is one of those shows where all of the characters make the dumbest decisions possible because that's what the writers think drama is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom