• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I finally feel like a weight's been taken off my shoulders.

Life advice: sometimes it's really not worth it to worry about the small stuff.

Vylash

IMG_2354.jpg
Dat Nagato

BluWacky

More catching up...

Chaika 3 and Captain Earth 4

I have to admit I didn't really pay any attention to either of these as I was doing other things. Is there a duckroll edit for either show I can use to catch up?

With that said, I'm a little confused about Captain Earth 4. I thought the whole point was that if the Killtgang made it to Earth then they were all doomed - and yet they're both down there trying to kidnap Teppei. What did I miss?

I did enjoy the deadly ice cream truck in Captain Earth, and the final shots of Chaika 3. The tank was a bit bizarre in the latter, though.

Ao Haru Ride 1-2

Oh, shoujo. I wish I knew how to quit you. Shows like this are my version of dumb harem shows or T&A romcoms; regardless of quality I usually find something redeeming in them.

I have a bad habit of comparing all shoujo high school shows to KareKano, but the comparison here is particularly because these first two episodes seem so focused on "facades" and the image we present to other people. It's perhaps not quite as sharp - the lead here isn't anywhere near as secretly manipulative as Yukino was in KareKano - but I find it a little more anarchic than, say, Kimi ni Todoke with its impossibly lovely hero/heroine.
I should really finish that show someday

Speaking of Kimi ni Todoke, like that show it's so nice to see shoujo with competent production values like this. It's not amazing or anything but it's animated, which is a massive plus point...

--

Speaking of shoujo in general, I somehow missed that the fairly bland but immensely popular Akatsuki no Yona is getting animated by Studio Pierrot. I'm all for more shoujo fantasy anime; I only read a little bit of the manga and should probably have given it more of a chance to develop Yona's character enough that she stopped being a whingy crybaby. Oddly, what I'm most excited about is that Kunihiko Ryo is doing the music for the show; particularly fitting given that the series takes place in a fantasy version of Korea and he is Zainichi.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
*googles* Holy shit, makes RWBY look good.
gdgd Fairies is made by one man. RWBY has a team of three "lead" animators, a lighting artist, special effects artists, six additional storyboarders and animators, three musicians, and a fairly wide extended staff.

I can see why Kirito is #1, people have a hard on for him for no fucking reason. But why is Asuna #1 in her list? The fuck has she done recently to deserve top spot besides be dutiful waifu with not even an ounce of the personality she used to have still in there

Midonin

gdgd is anime improv comedy. It's like an animated version of the kinds of radio shows that usually accompany an anime.

Aikatsu! 94

Aikatsu's pacing can move at a slow pace sometimes, but it's never so slow that it feels like it's not moving forward. In this case, Ichigo and Seira try to decide on a name for their newly-formed unit that can challenge even WM. I realize now that the answer to that was given away by the episode title (2wings, pronounced two-wings, kinda like "swings") is what they went with. "Sweet Sp!ce" is still a pretty cool song, and having Raichi and Noel play a small role in the plot was cute. "Neoneechans" probably wouldn't have been the best choice, but I appreciate the pun.

Quasar

Do you like voluptous women and trains? If yes watch it, if no. No.

Well there are shows this season which I've dropped whilst I continue to watch this. And you know oddly enough the larger breasted woman is almost a side character. The shows mostly just the mc plus partner in copshow style action.

Hmmm that scene in episode 5 of Tokyo Ghoul, where Touka bites Kaneki on the neck. I wonder which version is better the manga or the anime?

znmh0Tl

I guess I'll go with the manga. Though the anime version was pretty nice and seeing Touka being a boss was a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom