• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just being bitten in the neck, no big deal vs well this certainly hurts.

Well since they are rearranging arcs both versions look a bit different. In the manga he's been through shit already ( Dove Arc ). Which is why he looks maned up. In the anime they made the Gourmet Arc first and not the Dove Arc. So that's why he looks certainly hurt.

Midonin

Glasslip 06

The big takeaway I got from this episode wasn't the punch, but the part where Touko talks with her mom about figuring out what the premonitions may mean. Her mom arrives at the conclusion that it's "preparation to enjoy things twice." Knowing something's coming doesn't take away from the moment where it's actually experienced. Which only seems to be railroading Touko and Kakeru towards each other while everyone else has things get more and more complicated. Despite that, the atmosphere of this show never feels heavy compared to something like HanaIro or NagiAsu. It's a light, sweet tone.

God, Nise was so shitty. I can't believe I once though Bake was anything more than a garbage harem.

Bake makes fun of incest, Nise throws itself in fully. Then there are the pedo scenes with Shinobu which were never hinted at in Bake. Incest AND pedophillia in one show? Such garbage.

_hekk05

Banned
Bake makes fun of incest, Nise throws itself in fully. Then there are the pedo scenes with Shinobu which were never hinted at in Bake. Incest AND pedophillia in one show? Such garbage.

From a guy called Moral Panic? Sure

Arararagi x Shinobu forever (literally)

cajunator

Banned
Question: is NGNL actually interesting or interesting?

Its quite a lot of fun. Its very interesting.

Krspo8l.gif

SPEAKIN' OF WHICH.

Nisemonogatari Episode 8

Toothfully, this enamelpisode was one of the most masterfully unnerving pieces of animated fiction I have ever had the chance to sink my teeth into. The kind of episode you really can't help but savor, you know? So that you can properly digest it. Aw, shucks, I'm sure the lot of you'll grin and bear it, so let's just get to the bones of it, huh?

Episode Ate is an effort to see just how far one can open the jaws of what is acceptable in the realm of fan-service. The premise is one with which we're all famouthliar enough: siscons! I mean, those've been around since Chew Aznable, right? I mean, Nisemonogatari pushes those limits already, with its revelry in ship-teething Araragi and his sisters, but this particular chapter sticks out like a bad overbite because of its audacity. The episode has an initial dance of Karen providing a variety of fetishes, the details of which I won't bother to go into, but the intensity and subtlety thereof being directly opposite upon a graph. If this wasn't Monogatari, one would dare suppose that these feteethes were being mocked through their being serviced.

And then we come to that sublime epitome of absurdity, that ode to the truly twisted which causes us all to reconsider the meaning of sibling to sibling hygienics. You see, dear reader, the true genius of this sequence is that it is a stunningly subtle decrownstruction of filial orthodontics. This sequence aims to floss the very depths of what it truly means to be an appropriate sibling relationship. Note Araragi's treatise on touching! Surely this is a speech on the need to not get caught up in the heterorthodontal norms society imposes upon our mouths!

But it isn't just the boldness of an unopposed uni-molar nation that earns this piece such lofty praise! Consider the attention to detail, the way every brush and stroke is so carefully rendered, how the blissful gargle is carefully recreated like a set of perfectly structured dentures. Behold this exact concept on display:

I canine't relent in indicating that the final triumph of this all is in the masterful turning of the imagination back upon the viewer. No matter how immouthdest one cuspiders this turn of events, ultimately nothing less appropriate than some fraternal oral antics occur. Though a slender brush with the dangerously abscessive does occur, I wish to impact upon you, yea, to drill in the simple fact that nothing more than some tooth brushing goes down, and that the show is positively sorridente about being able to let the viewer's imagination run wild with that. This commouthment to so thoroughly mocking both the fetish and those so entirely afraid of it is perhaps the greatest quality one might ascribe to this.

In the end, Nii-sangatari Ate is about screwing with you, just like this post.

You are a genius and I love you Raven.
You are animeGaf treasure. truly.

Much like the show itself

Aww. But Lemon and Kanna do their best to make it interesting!

Ohhhhhhhhhhh :D

I finally feel like a weight's been taken off my shoulders.

Life advice: sometimes it's really not worth it to worry about the small stuff.

I told you this a long time ago Arti. Im glad you finally realized it though and are at peace with yourself and things.

Oh god I remember this. Actually...I have this in my favorites list >_<

Chariot

I mean isn't there a older version of Shinobu, unless I'm mistaken.

Man I need to get back to watching the monogatari series.
She is generally 500 years+ old and has the form of an adult. She just had this form while she was weakened and I think she kept it because of Aragi's ... desires.

_hekk05

Banned
I mean isn't there a older looking version of Shinobu, unless I'm mistaken.

Man I need to get back to watching the monogatari series.

*plugging my nosebleeds*

The point of Arararagi x Shinobu is when Shinobu is in loli form. If she's in adult form, it means Ararararagi is dead.

cajunator

Banned
Glasslip 6

All according to Kakeru.

So I guess the future fragments thing is like having a soul mate? Toukos moms idea of seeing the future was pretty nice too.

I feel bad for Yanagi. I'm actually more interested in Sacchan x Hiro storyline, they seem to be super cute together. I hope nothing bad happens to her.

Need. Season 2. Now.

The OAV wasnt enough!

mankoto

Majimoji Rurumo 5
Enjoyed myself more with this than the last few episodes. Rurumo's inept ability actually was a good point this time instead of a bad one.

*plugging my nosebleeds*

The point of Arararagi x Shinobu is when Shinobu is in loli form. If she's in adult form, it means Ararararagi is dead.
Teenager form is also ok.
Dont want to spoil but shinobu appearance mostly shinobu choice right now that she lives in araragi shadow

zulux21

date a live series and ova

so while in general I didn't feel the series was worth watching (it wasn't terrible but it wasn't good), I was surprised that there wasn't a clear drop of quality with the OVA like most ecchi shows have (even if I feel that an ecchi show wasn't worth watching the ovas in general tend to insult my intelligence with horrible writing... the writing with this one was on par with the series to me). I likely would have enjoyed the series a lot more if the sister wasn't in the series at all. I didn't like her one bit, which made caring about the end of the series rather difficult.

next up for me would be WataMote, now that it has an english dub and I can do other things while watching it as my first experience with it (the first few eps in japanese as it was airing) was that the only thing worth watching from the show was the opening and the rest wasn't very good.

Terror in Resonance 5
Man that episode was intense.
That ending completely caught me by surprise. "We only have 4 hours until we're mass murderers. What are we going to do"

cajunator

Banned
date a live series and ova

so while in general I didn't feel the series was worth watching (it wasn't terrible but it wasn't good), I was surprised that there wasn't a clear drop of quality with the OVA like most ecchi shows have (even if I feel that an ecchi show wasn't worth watching the ovas in general tend to insult my intelligence with horrible writing... the writing with this one was on par with the series to me). I likely would have enjoyed the series a lot more if the sister wasn't in the series at all. I didn't like her one bit, which made caring about the end of the series rather difficult.

next up for me would be WataMote, now that it has an english dub and I can do other things while watching it as my first experience with it (the first few eps in japanese as it was airing) was that the only thing worth watching from the show was the opening and the rest wasn't very good.

Funny thing. OVA's used to be the high quality "pilot" to test a shows viability, followed by a lower budget TV series. Now its the reverse. TV series seem to be made first with a spinoff OVA if it proves popular.

*hugs it

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul 06

Sucks to be a ghoul. ;_;

Good episode. Finally some decent fight scenes even if they're inevitably marred by the awful censorship.

The doves sure have no qualms about taking ghouls face on. If they're normal humans I feel that it should have been much more harder for them to bring down their prey.

This Jason guy was in the first episode right ? Someone should send him a memo and enlighten him that his target is long gone from this world.

Clov

Funny thing. OVA's used to be the high quality "pilot" to test a shows viability, followed by a lower budget TV series. Now its the reverse. TV series seem to be made first with a spinoff OVA if it proves popular.

I miss when we would have original OVAs, made for their own sake. It seems like stuff like FLCL, Cossette, and Cat Soup just aren't made anymore. That's not to say there's no creativity in the industry anymore! They're just not working in an OVA format, it seems.

Edit: Actually, Cat Soup was promoting a manga, wasn't it? I don't think it adapted a specific part of it, but the characters were taken from a manga, thinking about it now. My mistake!

Defuser

Terror in Resonance ep 5
It ain't a puzzle game without a white hair afro character if you know what i'm referencing.

Lisa is like a stray pet who got adopted now. And I don't need a fanservice for that.

zulux21

I remember those days, but yeah most ovas anymore are just quick cash ins that typically put the characters in out of character situations....

the second attack on titan episode is a perfect example of this... god that was terrible @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom