• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to post what I posted in IRC.

[21:20] cosmicblizzard i dont really know what to feel
[21:20] cosmicblizzard i was someone who never tried to get attached to people i only know through text, but it definitely feels like ive lost a friend

I can't say I've actually lost anyone that I've only known over a forum until now, so it's all very confusing, and of course incredibly sad :(

Gazoinks

Oh, fuck. I can't say I interacted with Hito as much as some of you guys here, but he was always a great presence to see around. Really sad. :(

Mature

Hitokage has passed away.
Man, I don't know what to say... I started communicating with him for the first time a week ago on twitter.

I don't expect someone to make something like this up, but is there a reliable source for this? I'd hate to see a stupid joke go awry. For now I guess I'll stay silent on it. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at least anyway.

Narag

Man, I don't know what to say... I started communicating him for the first time a week ago on twitter.

I don't expect someone to make something like this up, but is there a reliable source for this? I'd hate to see a stupid joke go awry. For now I guess I'll stay silent on it. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at least anyway.

EL will be posting a thread about it soon.

Jawmuncher

Just saw Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods.

It was so cool being able to see that in a theater. Since I've never been in areas where that happens very often. this is easily the widest I've ever seen a anime film distributed in the west.
With that said I haven't watched DBZ in ages last I remember was the cell saga and some if buu. Regardless Frieza saga alone was a big part off childhood as I spent a summer watching it. It was nice to see the movie for the most part being for all sorts of DBZ fans and not just the hardcore. Also I really enjoyed how it was a lighter fare. There was a lot of goofy moments but I loved all of them. Really helped make beerus a really likable villain. So all in all I really enjoyed my time watching the film and being able to do it in a theater really added to the expierence.

Syrinx

Hito actually attended the same university that I do. We never met in person but we chatted about it once before.

Fuck, now I regret not taking the opportunity to meet him. Damn, this ruined my day. ;_;

Hitokage has passed away.

W-W....what?

I...I thought he was just on vacation or something...

Like, I thought of it being his death but...I dismissed it as me just thinking the worst. :(

I...I just made a watchbet with him too...

I should just drop all the shows I'm watching right now and just finish Doremi. It's what he would have wanted.

RIP Hito.

I'm at a loss of words. Nothing I type seems to sound right. Fuck me. I feel bad for Jawmuncher and others who will be looking forward to thoughts on their reviews, because they're doing what the thread is meant to be for, but I can't even respond as my mind is at a blank.

Dead

well not really...yet
I can't believe it. Totally unexpected.

I didn't really interact with him these days, but back in the old days of gaf when I was on IRC a lot we interacted quite a bit, played tons of Kohan together with him, evil and the OG crew, among other things. So I've known him for 10+ years now. Crazy to think he's gone just like that.

:\

duckroll

I want Hito to still be around to make fun of me when I say something stupid or rude, or tell me when I'm doing a bad job of communicating an idea to the community. I want him to talk about shows I'm not watching because I'm too judgmental about the genres. I just want him to still be around. :/

Midonin

I'm a fairly recent-ish member of the AnimeGAF community and NeoGAF in general, but I respected his knowledge of magical girls. He will be missed.

sonicmj1

I wouldn't have this avatar if it wasn't for him.

... It's hard to know what to say. It's so sudden, it's still hard for me to believe it. He was a great guy that I always enjoyed interacting with on the IRC. It's so sad that he could be gone, just like that.

I hope he's in a better place, wherever he is.

yami4ct

Haven't posted in Anime-Gaf in a while (sorry guys!), but just saw the Hito news. Man oh man, That sucks. Don't even know how to process it right now. One of the first major gaf people I got to know by name/avatar. He'll definitely be hugely missed. :(.

Stoof

Even being just a long time lurker I always enjoyed reading his posts and this news is very depressing. :/ RIP you will be missed, Hitokage.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Can't believe he's gone. I was used to seeing him around here all the time and was under the impression he was just taking a break.

Way, way too young to go. I'm shocked.

Mature

Haven't posted in Anime-Gaf in a while (sorry guys!), but just saw the Hito news. Man oh man, That sucks. Don't even know how to process it right now. One of the first major gaf people I got to know by name/avatar. He'll definitely be hugely missed. :(.
Same here. I lurked before I posted on gaf, and seeing his avatar and the red text name was sort of like a road block for me to stop and read— and it paid off when I did. His absence from this thread is going to be absolutely harrowing.

Hattori

Banned
This is so surreal, I didn't think this would hit me as hard as it has. In the year interacting with this community he was one of the people I looked up to most. I'm literally in tears right now... way too young :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom