• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
The Idolm@ster Ep. 3

Been a while since I watched an episode. I'm coming to the conclusion that this series is really not for me. More and more it feels like a children's show but for otaku. Phobias are so moé. Gag me. For their first performance, I was kind of expecting something more in terms of animation. The thought just crossed me mind that this very similar to the first season of K-On! but worse.

where's that 81mb gif when you need it?

Branduil

iRhtVo7lvBb9n.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 19:

I now have the overwhelming urge to play Final Fantasy 4.

The Idolm@ster Ep. 3

Been a while since I watched an episode. I'm coming to the conclusion that this series is really not for me. More and more it feels like a children's show but for otaku. Phobias are so moé. Gag me. For their first performance, I was kind of expecting something more in terms of animation. The thought just crossed me mind that this is very similar to the first season of K-On! but worse.

Never watched it but you know, I think that you could have reached that conclusion without even starting the series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Idolm@ster Ep. 3

Been a while since I watched an episode. I'm coming to the conclusion that this series is really not for me. More and more it feels like a children's show but for otaku. Phobias are so moé. Gag me. For their first performance, I was kind of expecting something more in terms of animation. The thought just crossed me mind that this is very similar to the first season of K-On! but worse.
Some people consider that episode the worst episode mostly because they really spread Yukiho's negative aspects on thick. Luckily she improves significantly after this episode. I can understand not liking the episode, but I thought you'd like to know you were not alone in that feeling.

sonicmj1

The Idolm@ster Ep. 3

It gets better later, but I don't think it's the series for you.

Nafe

That just reminds me of when I talked to him about Ecstasy of Order and the then unknown to me competitive Tetris scene. Although strangely the most FGC memory I have of him was when they did a special SF2 tourney that one year and he was talking about how wonderfully technical that game is after all these years.

Yeah, I forget how we got onto the topic but the one time I was in the IRC and he mentioned about the competitive Tetris scene. He linked to a couple of YouTube videos of top players and the guys were moving the pieces so fast it was like they weren't even thinking about it and were robots,haha. Hitokage mentioned that they will even think in terms of frames, like how many it takes to set a piece until the next comes along, so they could optimize that kind of thing. I mentioned that I had only ever heard of people into fighting games talking about things being down to actual frames.

Good post, Nafe. I wish I could articulate my feelings on this matter even half as well.

That was very heartwarming, Nafe. =)

Thanks. :)
I wanted to be more articulate but I wasn't all sure what I wanted to say. I had a pretty warm welcome when first joining AnimeGaf and he was one of the ones I talked to the most and if I had a quick question or something he was there to help answer it. I wanted to say some kind of thank you.

It's just a bunch of little things such as I'd PM him sometimes "what did you think of the recent fighting game tournament?" or around E3 I sent him a PM asking if he had time to see anything and if there was something that caught his interest. I can't do those kinds of things anymore. Every June 5th from now on if I were to say "Happy Birthday Hitokage!" there won't be any thank you's back anymore...

I had only known him for a little over a couple years so I don't know what it's like for people who had been here since 2006 or 2007 or maybe knew him even longer say.

jesus christ this is all actually real. I just want to disappear

I think it's fair to feel depressed and I'm not Hitokage but at the same time this is one of those moments where he wouldn't want you to be like that. He might even comment about have you never seen a magical girl show?! No matter how hard it might be to overcome that sadness, you should fight it and put on a smile. :)

Jarmel

Banned
New anime kickstarter name Under The Dog
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog/description

Director is Masahiro Ando
Producer is Hiroaki Yura
Story is by Jiro Ishii
Animation Studio is Kinema Citrus

Well uh, this is much more interesting than I expected. I'll throw them some bones I guess.

LOLOLOLOL at the 5 million reward. Guys would be lucky to even get the 500k.

Where's ducky/Jarmel, we need thread for this asap..

Dude I'm financially tapped out for the rest of the year. I just spent a ton of money on another shikishi. I might have done the 2k tier last month but I'm running on fumes at this point.

Syrinx

The Idolm@ster Ep. 3

I'm really not sure if this show is for you regardless, but this was easily the worst episode in the series, and if it weren't for kayos' and others positive impressions for later episodes I'd have dropped it at this point myself. I did enjoy most of the rest of the show though.

Never watched it but you know, I think that you could have reached that conclusion without even starting the series.
Well yes, but I'm trying to be a bit more open-minded.
I understand this reference.
Ep4 is where it picks up and 7~9 is where it peaks.
Some people consider that episode the worst episode mostly because they really spread Yukiho's negative aspects on thick. Luckily she improves significantly after this episode. I can understand not liking the episode, but I thought you'd like to know you were not alone in that feeling.
It gets better later, but I don't think it's the series for you.
I'm really not sure if this show is for you regardless, but this was easily the worst episode in the series, and if it weren't for kayos' and others positive impressions for later episodes I'd have dropped it at this point myself. I did enjoy most of the rest of the show though.
I'm going to stick with it for a few more episodes at least.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Marie Golden Adventure 5

What i expect
Kugimin singing

What i got
Kugimin+Kanahana singing

That's cheer me up.

The animation still look like shit.

From the GotG thread -

Star Dandy.

Woah, Sugibro is there

New anime kickstarter name Under The Dog
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog/description

Director is Masahiro Ando
Producer is Hiroaki Yura
Story is by Jiro Ishii
Animation Studio is Kinema Citrus

Looks cool

zulux21

Anime is really that expensive to produce? +$500K for a 25 minutes OVA?

it depends on the animation quality as well as the cast involved.
In this case you have to keep in account that they need to give out rewards, so even if they get 500k money there is also going to hosting forums, making a blu ray release, and shipping that out to people so they won't see all of that 500k (not that I think they will actually get 500k in general)

but in general 500k base cost for high quality animation sounds about right for 25 min...
I mean one piece with it's cheap and easy to animate style cost 100k per episode before the HD era (I don't think we have gotten an updated cost to make it HD or likely updated costs of the cast to voice things given the popularity in japan)

I mean I am sure something like wonder momo cost less than 500k in its entirety to be made. while something like Terror in Resonance is likely costing around 500k (or more) per episode given the people involved.

I mean to give you an idea of how much money anime stuff can cost you just need to look at the old list of license costs from ADV which if it costs that much to just get the rights to release them in english for those shows, you can imagine how much they actually cost to make in japan and how much money the companies likely got to air them and release them on dvd in japan.

Midonin

Cardcaptor Sakura goes live on CR on Tuesday. All the episodes at once. That's all the incentive I need to start watching.

Rhapsody

Banned
I forgot what episode 9 was. I liked the episode when they finally made it big, along with the Namassuka episode after.

The OVA was good too.

Mr.Jeff

Aria the Natural - 20

What the fuck, no one tell me I should beware if watching this at 3:30 AM
Fuck..
I had to look up the episode and surprisingly it's not the one I thought might cause this reaction. That's episode
This one always struck me as incredibly sinister at the time despite the resolution. It ties in with the other otherworldly episodes but the tone is unusual for the series.

Articalys

http://bayoab.info/live/old.php?panel=310
17:18:24 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> Nisekoi
17:19:11 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> coming 11/25
17:19:14 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> BD vol 1
17:19:21 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> subtitled only
17:19:24 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> 4 volumes
17:19:30 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> collectible ending card pin-ups
17:19:36 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> deluxe poster and box
17:19:50 <bay|Ota|Aniplex> preorders start today
No dubbed Raku and Chitoge, sorry.

fertygo

I had to look up the episode and surprisingly it's not the one I thought might cause this reaction. That's episode
This one always struck me as incredibly sinister at the time despite the resolution. It ties in with the other otherworldly episodes but the tone is unusual for the series.

Oh shit, I should put up caution for that one then.

Its pretty legit scary yo, not in eery tone like previous supernatural-ish episode just straight up scare horror.

Clov

So the only new stuff from Aniplex was Kill la Kill Volume 2 and the BDs for Nisekoi. Pretty disappointing, for me at least. Maybe Viz will surprise me?

zulux21

so it's likely going to be like $75 for the first part.... and there isn't a dub. won't be hard for me to pass.... though to be fair the series as a whole was a buy the whole thing with a dub for $50 or less release for me as while I didn't dislike it, it's not really a great series to me either.
Ugh. Who the shit does more than two BD volumes to a series anymore? It reminds me of the days when we had to buy eight fucking DVDs to get a 26-episode series.

at least back in those days right stuff would hold awesome 25 dvds for $100 sales....
with aniplex $100 will get you what... 4 dvds tops?

fertygo

Ugh. Who the shit does more than two BD volumes to a series anymore? It reminds me of the days when we had to buy eight fucking DVDs to get a 26-episode series.

Aniplex, but its such a weird thing to angry about.. you like dem compression yo?
People usually complaining about their price, not this.

Fuck jamming 10+ in one disc for myself. I don't want bootleg quality.

Mr.Jeff

Oh shit, I should put up caution for that one then.

Its pretty legit scary yo, not in eery tone like previous supernatural-ish episode just straight up scare horror.
Well the episode I spoiler tagged doesn't quite have the same type of horror but...well I guess you'll see!

But yeah 20 is definitely unusual. Really effective though.

I'm looking forward to what yourself and Syrinx make of the final series.

Clov

Apparently Viz didn't announce anything.

Well, there's always Funimation's panel tomorrow!
They're going to let me down so hard, aren't they?

Vito

Banned
WTK was able to access Aniplex's banner files early cause their file folder is unprotected and you can browse it lol.

Theonik

I recreated it frame-by-frame into a webm from a BD source. It's a good few MB smaller with greater res and less GIF quality. Edit: Before someone freaks it is still 60MB+

The Idolm@ster Ep. 3

I'd say you should at least watch a bit further but at the same time I think that it perhaps is not the show for you.
An interesting perspective to watch the show actually is to consider these portrayals as a more direct take on the commercial nature of the idol business.

LOL $200 for a complete 20 episode series

With no dub

In 2014

Terror in Resonance 5

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE

Whelp stakes got risen quickly, guess we'll find out more about this facility the 3 of them were raised at

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom