• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best girl was Anzu Yokoyama, second best girl was Risa Bettou, third best girl was Mitsuko Yokoyama, fourth best girl was Chiyo Kurihara, and then finally maybe Hana.

quick thoughts why.
though if I wasn't married, and they were real people the only one I would be remotely interested in dating would be Anzu so she is leagues above the rest. Risa was next because she has the most interesting scenes in the series (I like the cross of adorable effort and weird crap going on... her scenes are some of the only abuse scenes I actually enjoyed in the series). Mitsuko and chiyo are both a little to obsessed with what they like and I doubt I could keep a conversation with them but mitsuko's obsession is a lot more interesting then chiyo's. And then there is finally Hana... which of all of the violent should be thrown in prison characters in the series, she at least seems like she can somewhat be redeemed, though it will still take years of therapy as she has some very screwed up thoughts.

I do wonder how far the anime will go though, I mean I would assume it would cover the first major arc
ending when they get out.
in a 26 episode anime (it might take a bit more than that but I assume a number of scenes will be trimmed down and shortened to make the show able to air) as it's a logical stopping point but I suppose I could also see them stopping mid way with the sub arc
ending after their time is extended after he is caught going on a date.
either way there is a good chance people won't meet the better girls in the series :/

heh... $10 for a trailer.
$100 for a physical version of 24 min of anime.
that's to rich for me to blind buy something I don't know if I would like or not.

Sorry Hana still best girl.

cajunator

Banned
The video does a far better job of selling it as a project than the blurb of the Kickstarter does. It struck me more that the end the video that Yura and Ando are hoping that doing this will provoke some kind of change on the restrictions of creating anime rather than everything being beholden to a production committee.

Yeah Im kinda wondering where our money went for the LWA2 project too lol.

At this point, is Hanayamata worth watching? I was thinking about it before it aired, but I want to hear some opinions.

ABSOLUTELY WATCH IT
Its beautiful and cute, and all the things that make happiness.

Midonin

Tokyo ESP 05

It has begun. I'm not sure what Murasaki can do myself, but having an explanation for where the powers come from and a clear antagonist is moving this closer and closer to the in media res opening. That didn't take very long for things to go from "fun with powers" to "the city is in danger of being taken over."

0MKpIF8.jpg

I've grown increasingly concerned that Hito may have actually been a ghost all this time and your watching Doremi finally gave him peace enough to pass on.

This post really gets me.

Tenumi

Banned
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders: 19

That baby looks really creepy.
OH REALLY!? The FREAKING BABY has a Stand? Gah!

Also, I REALLY didn't need to see inside that baby's dirty diaper. Just saying.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Stardust Crusaders 19

I... kind of liked this episode. The poor dog, the body horror elements, the terror of being in a dream you can't control, the tension produced given that they forget it all when the wake up, it's was all fairly well done, as the production.

Mature

Well, this is really, really,really unfortunate. The worse things I suppose were that it was so sudden and that now we refer to Hitokage in the past tense. My last PM is from him on the Tues. before when I had a quick tech. question.
[snip]
That was very heartwarming, Nafe. =)

New anime kickstarter name Under The Dog
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300298569/under-the-dog/description

Director is Masahiro Ando
Producer is Hiroaki Yura
Story is by Jiro Ishii
Animation Studio is Kinema Citrus
Wh—.. Ando...? Guess I'll donate for the action.

Rail Wars 6
Bravo. This managed to top the previous episode is stupidity and lewdness. Just when I thought they couldn't get any worse on TV, they stripped the big boobed girl down to her panties with stupidity. The "sentimental" scenes can't be sentimental when they just ran away from cats and they are highlighting her panties from underneath her shirt. Also, stupid how the criminals that happened to be at the museum not only managed to rip off her entire shirt from grabbing from behind but also get the bra too. Let's not forget adding a childhood friend line for this character because why not. I'm half expecting this to turn into a hentai by the end of the series.

Hyouka - 10

I really have to praise this show for the creative animation sequences used during thought processes or mysteries.

Also pretty much the entire cast has grown on me quite a bit and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself even though one would think some solving these kinds of mysteries can't make for the greatest plot.

I'm usually not one for cute girls and what not. But damn, Chitanda is like the cutest character ever, without feeling like that's all she is.

This current 'mystery' from episode 10 was really fun. Not sure if this small arc is over now or if it'll continue, considering the slight cliffhanger.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
0MKpIF8.jpg

I've grown increasingly concerned that Hito may have actually been a ghost all this time and your watching Doremi finally gave him peace enough to pass on.

I've started watching Vampire Princess Miyu TV like he asked me to a while back. Hopefully ghost Hito approves.

Clov

I just watched Glasslip 06.

To start, Kakeru is still a prick. The characters don't feel very distinct, and it feels like nothing's really happening. It's like a romance anime that's had every other element but the romance stripped away from it. Usually you get all sorts of other things mixed with the relationship drama, whether it's some sort of event happening at their school, or the characters all go for an outing together. Here their outing is just sitting around a table and talking, something they've already done. It's boring me.

The stuff with Hiro and that girl who likes books (I've forgotten her name) feels so completely separate from everything that's going on. You know what it reminds me of? That couple parked by the side of the road in Manos: The Hands of Fate. They just don't seem to have anything to do with the story being told. Not to say this is as bad/boring as Manos, but still. Hopefully things will improve.

Midonin

Crunchyroll announced that they got the complete series of Card Captor Sakura for streaming with sub and dub.
Between this and Sailor Moon, it got a whole lot easier to catch up on my magical girl history. For one of my favorite genres, I still have a lot of the classics to watch.

Wicked City

http://youtu.be/hQhPbfHUi1M

This is definitely an '80s anime. You've got monsters, demons, tentacles, sex, rape, horny old guy, secret organizations, and more. It's also unintentionally funny at times, at least to me. Like in the first 10 minutes,
the main character is banging some chick who turns out to be a demon, who then attempts to kill him by turning into a four-legged spider chick with a deadly vagina that's somewhat reminiscent of the Vagina Dentata from the movie Teeth, but taken to the extreme. I think that's where the web shoots from as well. Anyway, just the way it looks when she escapes
cracks me up. It's such an awkward looking movement.

The story is ok. The animation's nice. Unfortunately, I don't really have much else to say other than I enjoyed it. At least if I don't want to spoil too much.

I'm really not great at giving impressions it seems.

Hyouka - 10

I really have to praise this show for the creative animation sequences used during thought processes or mysteries.

Also pretty much the entire cast has grown on me quite a bit and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself even though one would think some solving these kinds of mysteries can't make for the greatest plot.

I'm usually not one for cute girls and what not. But damn, Chitanda is like the cutest character ever, without feeling like that's all she is.

This current 'mystery' from episode 10 was really fun. Not sure if this small arc is over now or if it'll continue, considering the slight cliffhanger.

Glad you're enjoying it. Chitanda is amazing.

LWVrI.jpg

I want the BD's so bad. NIS America please acquire the license and deliver us Hyouka Blu-rays!!!

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I'll just say one more thing. For me, one of the saddest things about a beloved one's passing is the idea that they no longer experience the world and its happenings that the rest of us continue to be a part of. From this moment on, every event, advancement, and occurrence is a moment that people like Hito will have no knowledge of. Whether you pass on today, tomorrow, or in 50 years from now, life is far, far too short. Having this happen prematurely and unexpectedly feels like a cheat. Even though it's temporary... being here is a privilege. Cherish every moment.

IBlack humor aside, I've always had terrible timing and this is probably the worst I'd ever managed.

The second worst is getting the top of the page just now.
I was going to go one step above your joke that day and picture quote his avatar with a "2004-2014" but I immediately erased it thinking it was in bad taste. How right I was. Don't feel too bad, I feel guilty enough already for typing that out.

This reminds me of when my high school friend hung himself early college. Days before the act we were joking about how he's probably dead since he wasn't answering our calls. Guilty conscience is a killer. Maybe that's what stopped me.

Dresden

From the GotG thread -

>Junichi Suwabe - Peter Quill/Star-Lord (Space Dandy)
>Manami Numakura - Gamora (The Wild One, Love Lab)
>Tomokazu Sugita - Rocket (Gintoki, Gintama)
>Vin Diesel - Groot (Dom, Fast and the Furious)
>Tomokazu Seki - Drax the Destroyer (Kanji, P4)
>Mamoru Miyano - Ronan the Accuser (El Psy Congroo)
>Ami Koshimizu - Nebula (Korbo, Spice and Wolf)

Star Dandy.

Midonin

Ikkitousen 11-13 + Final Thoughts

I can see how the series cut corners in a lot of places. The plot ultimately did hold up in the end. Because of the violent, bloody nature of the fights and the constant threats of sexual assault on the girls, despite the constant clothes ripping, it was only erotic a fraction of the time - mostly the pool and hot springs episodes. Otherwise, the show was just as focused on its fighting. That everything ended with
Hakufu becoming the de facto leader of the school
is something that's bound to have consequences down the line, and would be a strange place to leave off on, but I know I have three more seasons to go. It's not the most polished piece of work I've seen, but it has a few ideas behind it that later seasons could hopefully refine a bit. I still prefer Koihime Musou as the superior genderbent Three Kingdoms work.

Marimite 01-03

I've held a pair of yuri goggles close for as long as I can remember, and this is one of the more famous yuri series in the anime world. The first three episodes formed a nice little mini-arc with Yumi and Sachiko ultimately getting together. Such a huge contrast from the above show. Talking instead of violence. Highbrow instead of lowbrow. And a slightly greater amount of yuri. Yumi's pretty cute, and Sachiko's an interesting character with her facade that hides a fragile person underneath. I've seen this in several other series, both parodied and exaggerated (for example, I own Strawberry Panic!), and seeing it here, it's low-key but still filled with a lot of heart, and the plot possibilities can only open up now that Yumi's been chosen.

This is also one of the rare anime I know of that has an instrumental opening and ending theme. Both are nice pieces, and very fitting of the tone. All classical and piano and violin.

Argevollen 6

LOL did they just have the Argevollen capture the entire enemy base OFF SCREEN?! What's the point of even having a super robot in your mech series if you never show it even actually doing other then failing?

The Idolm@ster Ep. 3

Been a while since I watched an episode. I'm coming to the conclusion that this series is really not for me. More and more it feels like a children's show but for otaku. Phobias are so moé. Gag me. For their first performance, I was kind of expecting something more in terms of animation. The thought just crossed me mind that this is very similar to the first season of K-On! but worse.

Edit: The focus on Yukiho's fear of men makes the scene where Chihaya is hit on by the middle-aged man worse. Way to not have any awareness, show.

Branduil

The Idolm@ster Ep. 3

Been a while since I watched an episode. I'm coming to the conclusion that this series is really not for me. More and more it feels like a children's show but for otaku. Phobias are so moé. Gag me. For their first performance, I was kind of expecting something more in terms of animation. The thought just crossed me mind that this very similar to the first season of K-On! but worse.

I dropped it not long after this. People tell me it gets better later, maybe it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom