• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafe

Zoisite is the best of the four, in every adaptation.

I thought Zoisite's character in the live action PGSM was interesting but I think I liked Kunzite better. He was pretty cool in that show.

It's kind of funny where I'm watching the current Kamen Rider show Kamen Rider Gaim and Rika Izumi, who played Ami in PGSM, is portraying the main protagonists sister.

/XX/

/XX/ Laying down the burns!
My bad, I've been a little grumpy recently. Shouldn't have talked like that about a project many people gave with hope their better wishes and effort towards completing it and, even if the end product was irregular, that is always something commendable and worth of at least a minimum quantity of that respect I didn't demonstrate.

MikeMyers

I thought Zoisite's character in the live action PGSM was interesting but I think I liked Kunzite better. He was pretty cool in that show.

It's kind of funny where I'm watching the current Kamen Rider show Kamen Rider Gaim and Rika Izumi, who played Ami in PGSM, is portraying the main protagonists sister.

Oh yeah, Kunzite is awesome in PGSM too, it is very close between him and Zoisite. Overall I really enjoyed the Shitennou story in PGSM.

Jouji Shibue, the actor for PGSM Mamoru, was the Kamen Rider in Hibiki.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Damnit Firehawk I thought you were Hito for a half second and my heart skipped a beat
I'm probably going to switch to a null avatar soon.

Yeah, I remember reading your write-up! I really hope they're able to make the BDs for the Black Jack OVAs work out. They're a very small company, so it could be tough. At the same time Tezuka Productions is apparently being very cooperative with them, so hopefully everything goes smoothly.
It'll be interesting, considering how all their present efforts have barely made their goals. That and no one wants to watch old anime... it's just people buying it to own it and never watch it.

Well opinions are like something. A box of chocolates. Or was it onions?

Well with ANN I tend to know I'll not agree with their reviews by default. I guess because I'm not a burnt out reviewer.
I dunno, when everyone here can agree on the Zac and Justin combo, then you know you've got something special.

mankoto

Rail Wars 6
I don't know how, but the show just gets worse in every aspect every week. I can't even say its laughably bad now. At this rate, the last episode is going to be a
train
wreck of epic proportions.

Quasar

I dunno, when everyone here can agree on the Zac and Justin combo, then you know you've got something special.

Well I don't think it makes bad opinions, just ones that I tend to disagree with. I probably have more of an issue in terms of a podcast with that their opinions are fairly alike most of the time and I find that limits discussion a bit. Which is probably why I find the last episode good as it was almost a interview show + twitter questions rather than a review/impressions show where the pair mostly agreed.

Nafe

Oh yeah, Kunzite is awesome in PGSM too, it is very close between him and Zoisite. Overall I really enjoyed the Shitennou story in PGSM.

Jouji Shibue, the actor for PGSM Mamoru, was the Kamen Rider in Hibiki.

Ah,Ok. I really only knew of Kamen Rider and then decided to try watching the last one,Wizard,when it started airing. I just carried on into watching Gaim but I'm not sure yet if I'll watch Drive which I think the next is called.

It's kind of interesting having that crossover where Aya Hisakawa, who did the voice for Ami in the original anime, is doing the voice for one of the antagonist characters in a suit in the current Sentai show Toqger. I just saw the first few episodes though.

I'm probably going to switch to a null avatar soon.

firehawk having no avatar would be strange. Also maybe :firehawk.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I honestly have no idea how well it's done sales wise, I just know that Onii-Sama was right next to Kirito God on that list of most popular male characters that came out a few weeks ago
We need more episodes of him being awesome and getting his harem. The fact that he's literally emotionless makes the harem all the more "stupid".

Well I don't think it makes bad opinions, just ones that I tend to disagree with. I probably have more of an issue in terms of a podcast with that their opinions are fairly alike most of the time and I find that limits discussion a bit. Which is probably why I find the last episode good as it was almost a interview show + twitter questions rather than a review/impressions show where the pair mostly agreed.
The echo chamber nature of the Zac/Justin/Hope combo is probably the thing that makes it infuriating, because they essentially end up reaffirming each other's opinions.

cajunator

Banned
Nobody can match Aya Hisakawa as Kero-chan either.

True. When its CCS, only the original voices will do!

Cajun <3

There is something about NNB that just makes me grin from ear to ear whenever I watch the show. Every character is a joy, the music is perfect, and the humor is on point. The show has helped turn around a bad day for me on more than one occasion.

Yeah its the requisite moe feelgood anime of the season. This season has Hanayamata at least.

Yes it is, but I want to have a physical copy of it, and I don't want to spend an arm and a leg to own it. The fact my options are "pay a stupid amount of money for a collectors edition" or "watch it via a stream site" is frustrating. There should be a cheaper released version for people who want to physically own the series without paying a crazy amount of money for it.

Or they make their money off of making things cheaper so that people are able to purchase it.

Pretty soon I wont be able to afford this stuff either.

I'm aware they put out a regular edition, I'm just saying that this market for more expensive collectors editions isn't going away anytime soon. On the contrary, it's expanding; beyond Funimation, Sentai has three collectors editions lined up for winter (its first three ever). It's unfortunate, but physical releases for anime are just becoming more niche.

I do think a tier system with a cheaper release and a premium release should be offered for everything.

Personally I love NISA's releases. Great artboxes, and I love the hardcover artbooks they include.

Yeah. I loooooove NISA releases!

Sabagebu! - 01

Wasn't sure what to expect going in, but was pleasantly surprised. I like the juxtaposition it seems to present at times, and the delusion aspect reminds me of Akibaranger. Miou is a boss and my early favorite character. Will definitely catch up on this one, as it's a good break from all the idol stuff I'm watching. Thanks for the rec, AnimeGAF.

This show is legit. Hilarious and lots of fun. I keep mentioning Binbougami Ga but this show is just as crazy!

I also rarely ever buy anything that doesn't have a dub. If I ever put in a dvd to watch it will be likely when I am going to bed or curling up with my wife, and at those times I don't want to read subtitles. I want to be able to understand what is going on without having to look the whole time.

For subs I will just watch it on places like crunchyroll... I think I own a total of like 10 series that are subtitled only, most of them were a mistake or dirt cheap... I think the house of five leaves was the only one I got willingly because I wanted to support NisA for releasing anime.

I am tempted to pick up yakitate japan when it releases though as long as the pricing isn't bad, as that is just to amazing of a series not to own :p

I watch my anime with subtitles on in general... it helps me when it gets quite and hard to hear people talking since I tend to either watch with people (talking with them which can mute out sound) or late at night (thus quite so as not to disturb people).
when netflix added closed captioning on their ps3 app I was quite happy and have since used it quite a bit more.

Yakitate Japan was a wonderful surprise and one I have wanted for a long time. If they can make this a reasonable release I will gladly buy it.

I didn't realise that much anime got dubbed.

A lot of it does. there is a pretty sizeable stable of VA english talents left over from Bandai, ADV, Geneon when they dissolved. Still lots out there for hire.

Midonin

Ah,Ok. I really only knew of Kamen Rider and then decided to try watching the last one,Wizard,when it started airing. I just carried on into watching Gaim but I'm not sure yet if I'll watch Drive which I think the next is called.

It's kind of interesting having that crossover where Aya Hisakawa, who did the voice for Ami in the original anime, is doing the voice for one of the antagonist characters in a suit in the current Sentai show Toqger. I just saw the first few episodes though.
You're speaking my language here. Longtime toku fandom guy. Not necessarily TokuGAF, more Rangerboard.

Fairy Tail 196

I feel like this was switched for an episode of High School DxD. Not nearly as blatant, but it was a lot more comedic for a climactic battle than I expected. With both Ichika and Zirconis. And Jenny attempting to seduce a dragon. It's what I'd expect from Fairy Tail in general, but not from this particular part of Fairy Tail.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The echo chamber nature of the Zac/Justin/Hope combo is probably the thing that makes it infuriating, because they essentially end up reaffirming each other's opinions.
If only they talked about Dynasty Warriors and Love Live concerts for four hours.

cajunator

Banned
Damnit Firehawk I thought you were Hito for a half second and my heart skipped a beat

I know...
I wish this wasnt true. Its absolutely unreal.

I was going to ask if anyone knew what had actually happened yet and then I just took a look at the thread notifying of his passing and saw this post. :(

I had heard something similar.
Yall, dont hold grudges. Forgive and forget. Work things out. You never know when it might be too late. Regret is a horrible thing.

Clov

It'll be interesting, considering how all their present efforts have barely made their goals. That and no one wants to watch old anime... it's just people buying it to own it and never watch it.

Yeah, as they said, a lot of people just back releases they like so they can own a physical copy. Still, nothing wrong with just collecting!

Older anime definitely is more of a niche than more modern works. At the same time though, BDs can entice collectors of this stuff more than a regular DVD release. Look at how well the Bubblegum Crisis BD Kickstarter did for AnimEigo, for instance. I really hope that Anime Sols is able to get BDs to work for them, since I'm all for releases of great older anime in HD!

On another note, I heard that Dororo has a lot of talent behind it. I hope that they're able to get the streaming fully funded, and a DVD set funded afterwards. Since they're releasing a lot of Mushi Pro's work, I'm personally hoping they'll release Belladonna. Love the psychedelic scenes in it.

mankoto

Stardust Crusaders 18
I thought the stands and their users couldn't get anymore diverse, but I was proven wrong. This is getting pretty crazy.

Syrinx

Hidamari Sketch x365 1-4

I started this show back up again, and I am liking it a bit more now. Higher production values plus a greater appreciation for some of SHAFT's eccentricities are a factor. Miyako is the one who makes the show and drives it for me.

So yeah, this isn't so bad. Aria still stands tall above it though.

Non Non Biyori 05-06

cc0ecda91d.jpg

Why is Hotaru so obsessed with Komari anyway.

And is their brother ever going to talk? I hope not.

I think I might as well resume watching Cardcaptor Sakura with all the talk it's getting around here about its recent DVD release. Yeah, I think I'll add that to my current watch list as well. It's also because I'm just not in the mood for any super dark and exciting anime right now.

Ojamajo Doremi - 5

So a kid and a dog almost get buried alive together in an abandoned warehouse in this episode. Yikes.

But of course, everything turns out all right. I wish I could have seen the talk this kid had with his parents though. He made it sound like they already said no, so I was wondering how he would convince them to keep the dog. But eh, that's just me nitpicking.

Quasar

Well I backed the Under the Dog anime kickstarter. I think mostly out of sympathy for its not great start (at least not compared to all the games I've backed that got funded within a day or two). My anime kickstarter cherry is popped.

mankoto

Well I backed the Under the Dog anime kickstarter. I think mostly out of sympathy for its not great start (at least not compared to all the games I've backed that got funded within a day or two). My anime kickstarter cherry is popped.
The trailer looks interesting. I missed out on both LWAs. So I might do this one.

cajunator

Banned
I think I might as well resume watching Cardcaptor Sakura with all the talk it's getting around here about its recent DVD release. Yeah, I think I'll add that to my current watch list as well. It's also because I'm just not in the mood for any super dark and exciting anime right now.

Ojamajo Doremi - 5

So a kid and a dog almost get buried alive together in an abandoned warehouse in this episode. Yikes.

But of course, everything turns out all right. I wish I could have seen the talk this kid had with his parents though. He made it sound like they already said no, so I was wondering how he would convince them to keep the dog. But eh, that's just me nitpicking.

Yeah CCS is worth your time, every time!
Its definitely old school episodic mahou shoujo, but a very solid one. She doesnt so much fight evil as use her powers to capture lost spirits and help people. Very much the old magical girl trope. Funny that shes also scared of ghosts.

pariah164

Hidamari Sketch x365 1-4

I started this show back up again, and I am liking it a bit more now. Higher production values plus a greater appreciation for some of SHAFT's eccentricities are a factor. Miyako is the one who makes the show and drives it for me.

So yeah, this isn't so bad. Aria still stands tall above it though.
Hidamari Sketch is amazing. I love that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom