• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Magimoji Rurumo 05

Cute episode. The nature of her clothes does explain why she can take so much damage, and even with one or two gags (namely one of those cases), the whole show still retains this aura of innocence that makes everything feel pretty fun.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why do we call it Fumoffu 2?
They both feature Bonta-kun.

Magimoji Rurumo 05

Cute episode. The nature of her clothes does explain why she can take so much damage, and even with one or two gags (namely one of those cases), the whole show still retains this aura of innocence that makes everything feel pretty fun.
Oh cool, someone else if watching this show.

Magimoji Rurumo 05

Poor girl really needs to learn how to read a map or get a sense of direction.

Midonin

I'm interested in the announcement for Twintail, since Mayayan is both singing the OP and playing the main heroine. All of my support!

Satoshi gets quite the development in the second half of Hyouka, so look forward to that.

Yeh some actually shone through near the end of the first half, when
he was mentioning being somewhat envious of Hotaro's deductive capabilities when he himself feels more like a database (good memory I suppose) without any specific strengths. Coincidentally, I myself have a terrible memory which causes me some major issues and I wish I could have a bit of a database memory :(

People hate Tamako Market, but I still think the Yamada/Yoshida combo is their best team.

I think Takemoto is a better director than Yamada, but of course the question with Amagi is whether he can manage to salvage the source material, which seems questionable at best if the manga is an accurate adaptation.

duckroll

And Gatoh wrote Tower of Druaga. You take what you can get.

Anime is truly a wasteland.

I think Takemoto is a better director than Yamada, but of course the question with Amagi is whether he can manage to salvage the source material, which seems questionable at best if the manga is an accurate adaptation.

Takemoto is without a doubt a more talented director than Yamada on pure directorial merits, but I think it's also fair to say that Yamada has a very specific appeal in what she likes to work on which cultivates a more loyal following. Takemoto works on a wider range of stuff, and so the appeal varies from project to project.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You mean the writer of Air/Kanon/Clannad/Infinite Stratos/Golden Time?! :)
Sold!

To be fair, Yamada has only had three (four?) chances at the helm. I'd just like to see another K-On-esque text from her to be honest.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Happy Birthday! I hope he's not eating cake out of a shoebox. :(

Haha. Nope.

Just kicking back drinking some beer and not-watching anime. Productivity at its finest.

Almost done wrapping up everything I wanted to watch from the Spring season. Chaika was great, Nanana and Kawaisou were quite enjoyable, Black Bullet and Devil's Riddle not so much. Still got a few more shows to watch before I venture into Summer season. Maybe I can get to that before Fall starts ._.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Haha. Nope.

Just kicking back drinking some beer and not-watching anime. Productivity at its finest.

Almost done wrapping up everything I wanted to watch from the Spring season. Chaika was great, Nanana and Kawaisou were quite enjoyable, Black Bullet and Devil's Riddle not so much. Still got a few more shows to watch before I venture into Summer season. Maybe I can get to that before Fall starts ._.
Cook up a steak dinner on the salsalito machine!

Jarmel

Banned

Honestly, the tone won't be 1 to 1 with Fumoffu. I do expect more fanservice as Gatoh was joking about arguing with Takemoto over whether the breasts would jiggle or not(with Takemoto being against). That said, I do expect Takemoto to seriously tone down the fanservice, which is really just supplemental.

Takemoto/Shimo should do fine with it.

Then again, Fumoffu was lewd as fuck occasionally. That bath house episode is legendary.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Old man Darkside can't watch anime back like when he was a kid.

Its true. I used to devour it.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkside1337

160 days of anime watched. Probably only 20 or so in the last couple years sigh. Having less free time sucks.

What are the highlights of the Summer season anyway? Enough people have told me to watch Nozaki-kun so thats definitely getting watched this weekend because I actually do have some free time.

Thoraxes

Fumoffu 2 confirmed:

Director: Yasuhiro Takemoto (FMP/Disappearance/Hyouka/Lucky Star)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=9153

Series composition: Fumihiko Shimo(Fumoffu/Disappearance)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=8956

Character designs: Miku Kadowaki(Beyond the Boundary)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=74455

Music: Shinkichi Mitsumune(FLCL/Rozen Maiden/Utena/Familiar of Zero)
www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=382

Cast List:
Ai Kakuma as Isuzu Sento
Kouki Uchiyama as Seiya Kanie
Yukiyo Fujii as Latifa

Ai Nonaka as Tiramie
Ayako Kawasumi as Moffle
Minami Tsuda as Salama
Ryoko Shiraishi as Macaron
Shiori Mikami as Cohory
Tomoyo Kurosawa as Milfa
Yuka Aisaka as Muse

OP: AKINO with bless4 "Extra Magic Hour" (Flying Dog)

Air date is Oct. 2(Thursday)

Source:moca-news.net/article/20140809/201408091928a/01/

Woah what

Midonin

The Shaft food anime's cast is also worth noting. Rina Satou plays the lead heroine, and her friends are Mikako Komatsu and Asuka Oogame.

We also have an adaptation of the Manga Time Jumbo (something not from the Kirara family, for a change of pace) of Re-Kan!, about a girl who can see ghosts.

And finally, Pri Para is getting a movie. The show's sixth episode aired only last night, and as long as this movie is more than a compilation like Pretty Rhythm's was, well, bring it on I say. Aikatsu, Pri Para and no doubt Love Live will all be heading to theaters within the same year.

Jarmel

Banned
Well, I haven't heard much about the source material. Maybe there's hope for it be the basis for a decent comedy.
But probably not.

I've read the first four chapters of the manga and I think it'll be fine. They'll exaggerate the flaws of the main lead, like with Sagara, and the setting really doesn't revolve around the high school at all. There's also a big fantasy element that should spice things up a bit. Some of the later stuff, that I've heard about, should be interesting but I'm not sure the adaptation will get there.

Absolutely. Quirky yet grounded writing, strong characterization, and interesting thematic treatment of questions of dreams and their failure to materialize make it worth watching despite some wonky animation in episodes 2-4.

I'll need to check it out then. It was something easy to dismiss as DTL pandering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom