• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

I think that list is missing Key the Metal Idol! I remember watching that on TV too at around that time, so they must have aired it!

That must be before the 2000's. I started watching in 2001 so I didn't know about it and Key the Metal Idol didn't make a rerun.

zeroshiki

AXN used to be the channel to watch anime.

And I watch them all.
There's probably more but I can't remember.

I think they showed the Rayearth movie too. I remember when AXN would do marathons. Like, one Sunday, they showed the entirety of El Hazard. I was in heaven.

Kite

Minor update if anyone cares, the problem with showing JoJo's at my anime club's Friday showings is that apparently sometimes they curse in english.. So now they want to replace it with Tiger and Bunny.. *sigh* I'm hitting up a friend and seeing if we can move to the Business building so we don't have to deal with this bs any more *sigh*

Total downgrade.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Minor update if anyone cares, the problem with showing JoJo's at my anime club's Friday showings is that apparently sometimes they curse in english..

What kind of puritanical policy is this?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Minor update if anyone cares, the problem with showing JoJo's at my anime club's Friday showings is that apparently sometimes they curse in english.. So now they want to replace it with Tiger and Bunny.. *sigh* I'm hitting up a friend and seeing if we can move to the Business building so we don't have to deal with this bs any more *sigh*

Total downgrade.
I suggest Bible Black instead. It's got Bible in the title so it's gotta be appropriate.

Jex

[Stardust Crusaders] - 13

death13tqjmt.gif

Truly the stuff of nightmares. It's funny how a number of scenes were 'censored' in this episode to basically no effect whatsoever.

Shinbo's actually directing something again? Maybe that rumor that Shaft was only working on one project was true...

Either way, looking forward to this!

Shinbo is the "director" for practically all Shaft shows; it's just assumed he lets the assistant director do most of the real directing work since he doesn't storyboard or episode direct or anything like that.

Kite

What kind of puritanical policy is this?
Our Friday meetings will be shown at a "religious building" on campus next semester due to scheduling issues, Wed meetings are held elsewhere and almost anything goes there.

I suggest Bible Black instead. It's got Bible in the title so it's gotta be appropriate.
Sounds legit, hope its more successful than my Boku no Pico suggestion that got half a muffin thrown at me.

So to put my mind off of things, I played Bioshock Infinite in Japanese yesterday to experience the power of Sawashiro.

If you'd like to see/hear Sawashiro as Elizabeth, then you're in luck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5gE-6LOMc4

I also pasted the instructions to enable Japanese in the game if you wanted to actually go through the whole game yourself. There's a tiny part of me that wonders if Sawashiro sings "Will the Circle be Unbroken", but not enough to want to slog through the game again... but if someone else is game, please let me know.

Incidentally, it's the first time I've been able to play a game localized into Japanese. The voice acting seems good, I think?

(This video is right from the beginning, if you want to see all the boring pre-Elizabeth parts in Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rGLMnsMR_U )
My PC isn't strong enough for my wife, RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP.

Link Man

Banned

Total downgrade.

Holy hell, I'll be damned.

Jex

Shinbo is the "director" for practically all Shaft shows; it's just assumed he lets the assistant director do most of the real directing work since he doesn't storyboard or episode direct or anything like that.

How long has it been since he actually directed or storyboarded anything himself? So long that I've actually forgotten!

cajunator

Banned
At least we're not chiaboos bowing down to trains.

Thats an interesting term. I likes it.

Director: Yasuhiro Takemoto (FMP/Disappearance/Hyouka/Lucky Star)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=9153

Series composition: Fumihiko Shimo(Fumoffu/Disappearance)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=8956

Character designs: Miku Kadowaki(Beyond the Boundary)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=74455

Music: Shinkichi Mitsumune(FLCL/Rozen Maiden/Utena/Familiar of Zero)
www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=382

Cast List:
Ai Kakuma as Isuzu Sento
Kouki Uchiyama as Seiya Kanie
Yukiyo Fujii as Latifa

Ai Nonaka as Tiramie
Ayako Kawasumi as Moffle
Minami Tsuda as Salama
Ryoko Shiraishi as Macaron
Shiori Mikami as Cohory
Tomoyo Kurosawa as Milfa
Yuka Aisaka as Muse

OP: AKINO with bless4 "Extra Magic Hour" (Flying Dog)

Air date is Oct. 2(Thursday)

Source:moca-news.net/article/20140809/201408091928a/01/

Ok thats a pretty solid staff list!
I shall watch this carefully.

Its true. I used to devour it.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/darkside1337

160 days of anime watched. Probably only 20 or so in the last couple years sigh. Having less free time sucks.

What are the highlights of the Summer season anyway? Enough people have told me to watch Nozaki-kun so thats definitely getting watched this weekend because I actually do have some free time.

Yes indeed you should watch N-n-n-n-Nozaki kun!

Third. Mr. Jeff is the second, and Narag is the first. I lose to them.

Do they have the bluray? This is important.

Is there really no one willing to accept the Infinite Stratos fan throne?

Well...I preordered three of those huge IS figurines too...You know..the 150$ ones
._. Im weak. I cant help it.

Being King/Queen of IS is nothing to be proud of.

S1 was ok. S2 should have never been made.

Charlotte for life yo.

Hold thine tongue! S2 is a treasure!

What about stuff like Twin Princess, Kaleido Star, Gate Keepers, and M3?

Kaleidostar and Gatekeepers are legit. At the very least watch some Kaleidostar!

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Gatekeepers
Grander Musashi and Grander Musashi RV
Power Stone
Rurouni Kenshin
Shadow Skill
Eden's Bowy
Slam Dunk
Ayashi no Ceres
Fushigi Yugi
Dual!
Vandread and Vandread second stage
Gesomaden Saiyuki
Cooking Master Boy
Groove Adventure Rave
Ranma 1/2
Boys Be
NeiA 7
Now And Then, Here and There
Mother Fucking Black Heaven Oji the Section Chief
Sakura Wars
Space Warship Yamamoto Yoko
Steam Detective
El-Hazard, El Hazard 2 and El-Hazard Alternative world
You're Under Arrest
Galaxy Angels
Ah! My Goddess!
Shi-Hakkenden

And I watch them all.

Oh yeah, i watch them all as well. I think Haibanei Renmei and Alien 9 is also on AXN?

Mother Fucking Black Heaven Oji the Section Chief-> this show is the bomb, better than Macross in term of using music to kick ass!

Total downgrade.

But Joseph filthy mouth is the best!

_hekk05

Banned
http://abload.de/img/22_201408092352370aes47p1s.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/pa1407596024576solpaz.jpg[IMG]
Oh Kirito...you just can't keep your hands to yourself.[/QUOTE]

Oh Sinonon. You are falling for his charms. It's inevitable I suppose

Mahouka ep today gonna finally be exciting

Mr.Jeff

Your eyes are opening for the first time. It hurts doesn't it. Your impressions banned more than 47 innocent posters. Someone has to pay for your crimes Jeff. Who's it gonna be.
You were never meant to watch this. "This is the watchbet, I watch IS2 Episode 5 post about it. Theonik watches Hyouka, and go home"
None of this would have happened if you'd just stopped! But on you watched! And for what? You're no monocle, your talents lie elsewhere. It takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him, and if the truth is undeniable? You create your own.
I have become my own worst monster. Next I'll end up watching something like Strike Wi....oh.

In my defense, I always prefer seeing the full context of things rather than just individual episodes at random. I don't think ep5 would have been nearly as effective if I hadn't suffered through all the previous episodes of "nothing of any importance is happening between any of these people".

It's funny how despite watching the show and even having an avatar and everything I'm still not associated with the show,haha.
All that was assumed was that Laura was one of your many forms!
Lots of people watched the show. I seem to recall mAcOdIn at least being suckered into it way back in the first season.
Such impressions are nothing in the way of firehawk and Narag's love of the show or my intense, unending loathing of Houki.

Clov

Yeah, he's done that a lot. Didn't he direct certain arcs of Monogatari Second Season though? There was another director credited for some of the arcs (like both the arcs of Nekomonogatari). I remember reading that certain ones were done by him, but I'm not sure about that.

Jex

Yeah, he's done that a lot. Didn't he direct certain arcs of Monogatari Second Season though? There was another director credited for some of the arcs (like both the arcs of Nekomonogatari). I remember reading that certain ones were done by him, but I'm not sure about that.

As far I know he literally hasn't physically directed or storyboarded any episode of any show in years.

cajunator

Banned
Can't wait. January already too far away.

Im glad they space this stuff out a bit so I have some time to watch all of it instead of it all piling up in one season.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

We loves you Darkside :)

Gatekeepers
Grander Musashi and Grander Musashi RV
Power Stone
Rurouni Kenshin
Shadow Skill
Eden's Bowy
Slam Dunk
Ayashi no Ceres
Fushigi Yugi
Dual!
Vandread and Vandread second stage
Gesomaden Saiyuki
Cooking Master Boy
Groove Adventure Rave
Ranma 1/2
Boys Be
NeiA 7
Now And Then, Here and There
Mother Fucking Black Heaven Oji the Section Chief
Sakura Wars
Space Warship Yamamoto Yoko
Steam Detective
El-Hazard, El Hazard 2 and El-Hazard Alternative world
You're Under Arrest
Galaxy Angels
Ah! My Goddess!
Shi-Hakkenden

And I watch them all.

oh wow. Some blasts from the past. Especially Dual! I wonder how difficult it would be to still find DVDs of that. Kinda want them.

Ruby is a mega cutie. But the show is utterly forgettable really.
A shame.

22_201408092352370aes47p1s.jpg

pa1407596024576solpaz.jpg

5844k9yok.gif

Oh Kirito...you just can't keep your hands to yourself.

PLEASE DONT RUIN SINON PLEASE DONT RUIN SINON PLEASE DONT RUIN...OH WHY AM I EVEN HOPING?

Clov

As far I know he literally hasn't physically directed or storyboarded any episode of any show in years.

Guess he just wanted to be in a more general management role, then. I wonder why they bother crediting him as director in that case? Why not make the newer talent better known?

I thought this already debunked by SHAFT's "superfan" at anisuki.

And now I have no idea what's going on!

I'm just going to assume that anything he's credited with "general director" he didn't do, and that anything he's credited with just plain "director" he did.

Theonik

I have become my own worst monster. Next I'll end up watching something like Strike Wi....oh.

In my defense, I always prefer seeing the full context of things rather than just individual episodes at random. I don't think ep5 would have been nearly as effective if I hadn't suffered through all the previous episodes of "nothing of any importance is happening between any of these people".
Sure walker.

The former should at least be cheap. I guess a PC worthy of Miyukichi would be worth millions of yen.

Tokyo ESP 5
Kind of dumb to make the villain's face ugly or hide it especially since he wasn't really living in society to begin with. It's quite the pointless plot twist. The heroes losing all the time really isn't encouraging. The backstory was sort of interesting. Also, the heroes got a really bad pick of powers compared to the villains. Intangiblity except for living things, Invisibility and Psychometry are really poor powers for combat compared to Perfect Illusions, divining where things are( which counteracts the advantages of invisibility), making anything appear out of thin air, telekinesis strong enough to move a tanker. Let's also not forget the other powers of invincibility and pyrokinesis.

Clov

Err.. after revisiting the post, I'm not sure anymore lol
Its just even more underlining that, but there you go.

So yeah Shinbo playing god on there.

From this I gather that for the most part he's a supervisor, making sure everything is he way he wants it to be. It seems since Denpa Onna he's let others make more of the decisions, though.

Articalys

What I really want to see is more work by URA, the person who did both Neko OPs, the bit at the start of Neko White ep5, and the second Nisekoi OP.

Tokyo Esp 5

I may have to reread this part since even I'm getting overwhelmed by this super fast pacing. I mean it seems like they'll get to my favorite parts, but it's clear character development and other stuff is being compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom