• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

I forgot you're the biggest Infinite Stratos fan on AnimeGAF. Lol.

Third. Mr. Jeff is the second, and Narag is the first. I lose to them.

Scandalous lies! It switches between you and Narag as the top tier.

I'm actually #3 because I'm only looking into other stuff for firehawk's sake and mrjeff loves the second season while I'm cold to it.

Confusion could be cleared right up if mrjeff was finally given the "#2 IS fan" tag like he wants.

I'm actually #3 because I'm only looking into other stuff for firehawk's sake and mrjeff loves the second season while I'm cold to it.

Confusion could be cleared right up if mrjeff was finally given the "#2 IS fan" tag like he wants.

Is there really no one willing to accept the Infinite Stratos fan throne?

Narag

Firehawk will keep declining politely saying he's unworthy out of simple custom. It's be arrogant and presumptuous otherwise and even when he does sit on his throne after accepting this position, he'll punctuate it all by stating, "If there is no other way."

Mr.Jeff

The only 2 episodes out of the second series of IS were episodes 5 and 6 for obvious reasons. Everything else was trash! The entire series is trash until the authour pulls a Futakoi Alternative and make it about Laura and Char being buddy cops.

Also that subtle mention of the tag of horrors. If firehawk didn't already have an apt one, I'd suggest his become "Ask me about Infinite Stratos!".

Truly a throne tainted enough that no-one wants to sit in it.

Mr.Jeff

You guys doth protest too much!
(Paraphrasing)
<firehawk12>: Hey guys, you really need to listen to the Infinite Stratos Drama CDs!

I mean, the drama cds of a terrible show of all things! If you're not IS royalty then you're at least the suspiciously evil grand vizier, tempting people to their doom.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
When does Narag get to behead you?
It already happened...

The student becomes the master.

(Paraphrasing)
<firehawk12>: Hey guys, you really need to listen to the Infinite Stratos Drama CDs!

I mean, the drama cds of a terrible show of all things! If you're not IS royalty then you're at least the suspiciously evil grand vizier, tempting people to their doom.
Putin is great. I mean, Putin is IS!
(Also, that's some paraphrasing!)

Hattori

Banned
Oh there's an animegaf tourney? I'll have to join in.
Yes, you're welcome to join :)
I joined in with you yesterday and came in consistently last. Competitive MK is just too much...
(I assume you need to drift forever like in the older games to win!)
No, you done me in a couple of times that night >:) Drifting is part of it, knowing the track is more important though imo.
Is this a new code or the same old one. You need to start a tourney at a better time so I can join in. When the update rolls in we can have a Mercedes-Benz tournament.
Yeah its a new code, I deleted the old one because reasons. I'm down for a Benz tourney!

oh hey i didn't know this was a thing, might join in later
Please do, the more the merrier :)

---------
Happy Birthday Darkside!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of directors, which TV director has the best record?

The two that pop into mind are Watanabe and Takemoto(who has never really stumbled).
I'd say SatoJun, given his Doremi/Sailor Moon pedigree and moving on to all the non-shounen stuff he's done.

duckroll

I think Tsutomu Mizushima probably has one of the better records out there in terms of pure volume. He works a lot, puts out tons of shows, and regardless of genre they all share that sense of dark humor and energetic direction. There are a few series which aren't that great, but considering the wide range of adaptations he takes on, it's really surprising that the batting record is as good as it is. He has a very distinctive style, and before Girls und Panzer became a huge success he was pretty underrated too.

Jex

That entirely depends on which definition of nerd you are insinuating. If you are calling me foolish or contemptible person then I am neither. Nor am I boringly studious, which in some ways is a big fault of mine. I never really liked to study.

However, if you suggesting I am an intelligent individual with a certain expertise a particular field, then yes I am.

nerrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jarmel

Banned
Gate Keepers rocks.

Yea I haven't seen that one but it seems it's not really regarded that well.

I think Tsutomu Mizushima probably has one of the better records out there in terms of pure volume. He works a lot, puts out tons of shows, and regardless of genre they all share that sense of dark humor and energetic direction. There are a few series which aren't that great, but considering the wide range of adaptations he takes on, it's really surprising that the batting record is as good as it is. He has a very distinctive style, and before Girls und Panzer became a huge success he was pretty underrated too.

The only Mizushima show that I've seen and been really 'meh' on, was the first season of XXXholic. I did think the 2nd season was much better.

Oh and Joshiraku.

nerrrrrrrrdddddddddddddddddddddddd

I call dibs on his lunch money.

Link Man

Banned
Magimoji Rurumo 5

This show keeps being just entertaining enough to keep me watching it. Some really nice and inventive visuals this episode.

Theonik

Happy birthday darkside!

Buying next steam sale. (won't play my PS+ copy)

Your eyes are opening for the first time. It hurts doesn't it. Your impressions banned more than 47 innocent posters. Someone has to pay for your crimes Jeff. Who's it gonna be.
You were never meant to watch this. "This is the watchbet, I watch IS2 Episode 5 post about it. Theonik watches Hyouka, and go home" None of this would have happened if you'd just stopped! But on you watched! And for what? You're no monocle, your talents lie elsewhere. It takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him, and if the truth is undeniable? You create your own.

Midonin

He does have that original show Shirobako this fall, which we'll get more info on soon.

This fall is packed. And not just with the hyped shows, there's some lesser hyped shows that I want to watch just as much.

Happy birthday Darkside

Love Lab 13
An out of place drama that went on too long. The ending was moderately funny.
The series was fairly enjoyable with some good slapstick humor. The outlandish characters were also pretty funny. Originally, the series didn't click with but, I think it was because the way the show was written, it didn't support 2 character slapstick very well. Once Suzu joined, I found the show enjoyable though I think my favorite love lab girl is Enomoto. Her curly red hair is very cute and her childishness is adorable. Overall, I think the show is 7/10.

Articalys

Happy Cooking Graffiti by Shaft confirmed.

tumblr_n7an78fzmf1qzeyqddu.jpg

Girls X food. Please enjoy the super detailed character close-ups.
Can't wait. January already too far away.

cajunator

Banned
I joined in with you yesterday and came in consistently last. Competitive MK is just too much...
(I assume you need to drift forever like in the older games to win!)

It was easier to just never learn about BD authoring and let that podcast go anyway.

competitive Mario Kart is ridiculous. I come in around mid pack now but still not very good. I still make a lot of mistakes. Now MadP. He's flawless basically. I need to leech his talent.

I will say though, I'd prefer if these editions were more substancial for that price to be comparacle to what western releases give you for $70, or at least that they went with more content, (interviews commentaries and things that are interesting to watch/own) rather than useless trinkets.

I think his point is that he doesn't really care for watching them in this way which, eh I can kinda sympathize with given you'd have to pay me to use their service with how bad it was.

Right. For Aniplex it's really a question of timing. Take Fate/Zero for instance. The US release was just the JP release that came out day 1. Then they did a cheaper dub version later down the line. They can't give you a dub if one doesn't exist.

DVD doesn't really dominate sales at all though. The reason why some anime companies and it really is just Anime companies and shitty budget/kid movie releases, is twofold. Authoring for BDs is still not cheap, while it's been getting cheaper in some areas that may or may not help some release companies. For releases that don't really break a lot of copies at all and aren't really expensive this is too risky for these companies. The second is that doing DVD/BD means you need to author both versions as well as take all the cost for both. You also need to allocate stock appropriately. Then the reasoning is thus. If you are only going to do one, they go with the cheaper one that everyone can buy. Though I should note that BD only is also something other companies do now.

As for a subsidy? This isn't a contest. It's literally 2 products in the market with one failing. If anything, there were subsidies but they were only to try and push one format over the other to studios, once only 1 is standing there is no point. It's actual studios making money that'd be bribed anyhow.

Yeah youre right it is a bit cost prohibilitive for niche product, which is why aniplex charges what they do mostl ikely, but given that bluray and HD at this point is pretty ubiqutous, you would think they had found a cost effective way.
Also keep in mind, THERE IS A BLURAY OF FRACTALE.

Finally have some time to just chill and watch anime. Decided to continue Kinmoza because I had no idea what else to watch. Seriously I love the engrish in the show. It's so awesome.

Kinmoza is super adorable and if you like Gochiusa or anything of the sort, you will definitely love it. Every season needs one or two of those kinds of shows.

Happy Cooking Graffiti by Shaft confirmed.

tumblr_n7an78fzmf1qzeyqddu.jpg

Girls X food. Please enjoy the super detailed character close-ups.

These are a few of my favorite things!
In Shaft Studio I trust!

Happy birthday Darkside.

I found out what your birthday is by accident and according to MAL it's today.

Happy birthday dude!

JoeFu

Banned
Kinmoza is super adorable and if you like Gochiusa or anything of the sort, you will definitely love it. Every season needs one or two of those kinds of shows.

I forgot I need to finish that. Working on finishing Love Lab as well. Too many cgdcts

Nafe

Happy Birthday darkside.

Even with how some may feel about KyoAni's recent shows I'm still looking forward to Amagi Brilliant Park.

---

So to put my mind off of things, I played Bioshock Infinite in Japanese yesterday to experience the power of Sawashiro.

If you'd like to see/hear Sawashiro as Elizabeth, then you're in luck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5gE-6LOMc4

I also pasted the instructions to enable Japanese in the game if you wanted to actually go through the whole game yourself. There's a tiny part of me that wonders if Sawashiro sings "Will the Circle be Unbroken", but not enough to want to slog through the game again... but if someone else is game, please let me know.

Incidentally, it's the first time I've been able to play a game localized into Japanese. The voice acting seems good, I think?

(This video is right from the beginning, if you want to see all the boring pre-Elizabeth parts in Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rGLMnsMR_U )

That reminds me that I just recently found out that Yu Kobayashi does the voice for Lucina in the Japanese version of Fire Emblem: Awakening. I haven't played the game but that's the girl who was getting added to the roster in the newest Smash Brothers.

I also found out Sugita does the voice of the main guy Chrom. Kobayashi still lives just in video game form instead of anime.

Something to look forward to for me as well.

Oh yeah, you stopped around the halfway point didn't you? Get on that! Haha.

Third. Mr. Jeff is the second, and Narag is the first. I lose to them.

It's funny how despite watching the show and even having an avatar and everything I'm still not associated with the show,haha.

Oh god this scene had me laughing good.

Me too. Although many around here know I quite like Irisu. Many even associate me as being quite like her for better or worse I guess,haha.

Defuser

I remember watching it all on TV too! Was it on AXN? I can't remember anymore.

AXN used to be the channel to watch anime.

Gatekeepers
Grander Musashi and Grander Musashi RV
Power Stone
Rurouni Kenshin
Shadow Skill
Eden's Bowy
Slam Dunk
Ayashi no Ceres
Fushigi Yugi
Dual!
Vandread and Vandread second stage
Gesomaden Saiyuki
Cooking Master Boy
Groove Adventure Rave
Ranma 1/2
Boys Be
NeiA 7
Now And Then, Here and There
Mother Fucking Black Heaven Oji the Section Chief
Sakura Wars
Space Warship Yamamoto Yoko
Steam Detective
El-Hazard, El Hazard 2 and El-Hazard Alternative world
You're Under Arrest
Galaxy Angels
Ah! My Goddess!
Shi-Hakkenden

And I watch them all.
There's probably more but I can't remember.

Clov

I wonder can Shinbo+Mari fuck up a SoL 4coma show

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-26059.html
(link NSFW as usual)
Kofuku Graffiti
2015 Winter
Staff:
Director:Akiyuki Shinbo
Writer:Okada Mari

Cast:
Ryou - Rina Sato
Kirin - Asuka Oogame
Shiina - Mikako Komatsu

Shinbo's actually directing something again? Maybe that rumor that Shaft was only working on one project was true...

Either way, looking forward to this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom