• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Take the following data (from previously known information that has been making the rounds since long ago, and adjusted recently) as a basis for comparisons, and add to it all sonicmj1 & zulux21 already said:

Great chart, thanks. I'm genuinely suprised Gurren Lagann isn't higher. Some of the stuff they pulled was mindblowing.

Jarmel

Banned
Just got out of the Kozaki sketch session.

Not much new news as people kept asking dumb questions:

-Disappearance of Haruhi took 45 days to animate after they had finished the story boarding.
-Under the Dog will let supporters vote for voice actors using a poll. Director and sound director will have final say.
-Dream is a trilogy of full fledged movies.

At Under the Dog Panel:
-Concept is from Ishii,1997. Designs were old and so needed to be updated. Ishii contacted Yura.
-Ghost in the Shell(1st OVA) is cited as heavy influence.
-They are looking at investors(something like any funds raised will be matched 10 times). So 580,000 would get them 5.8 million. Also really want control of IP.
-Empasis on utilitarian designs.
-Concept came from economic bubble collapse. When updated the story, tried keeping feeling of disillusionment.
-Story is analogous to samurai culture in that a samurai's family might be held hostage in a similar manner.
-Hana design might change. Hana will be killed off and you will get to choose her death.

Sword Art Online II 6
Smooth Kirito... Real Smooth.
What a way to increase your harem of girls who will never stand a chance with Asuna around.

That said, I did like that extra scene from SAO, was something we haven't seen before and I thought it was pretty cool... now if only they expanded and released it as an OVA.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online II 6
What a way to increase your harem of girls who will never stand a chance with Asuna around.

That said, I did like that extra scene from SAO, was something we haven't seen before and I thought it was pretty cool... now if only they expanded and released it as an OVA.

I swear if they ruin Sinon...

Midonin

Sword Art Online II 06

The implications of that pose are pretty telling, but I still can't see Sinon as a romantic interest. Her plot is almost happening in parallel, at least for now. I was also surprised when the show returned to the first game for a decent amount of time. So the actual tournament arc can begin now. I'm still standing by what I believe. That S2 is a clear improvement over the first. At least, it seems to have a better idea of how to tell its story.

Sword Art Online II - 06

Oh. my. god. What the fuck is wrong with me? Why do I continue to watch this god damn show. He cut a bullet in fucking half.....aahhhhhhh. I am harming my very soul by watching this fucking show. And she very clearly wants the Kirito because there's no other reason females exist in this story but to want him.

SAO2 06

5FGnlCu.png

This episode started out strong and I really enjoyed it... Up until the duel. Sinon, have more composure, you just met Kirito.

Sword Art Online II 6

Sinon you are a independent person who doesn't belong to Kirito. You can find someone else better or you'll be rejected infinite times because of goddess Asuna. Live free from the shackles of an harem.

Knowing this is SAO chances are slim. But why Kirito ain't even Onii-sama. Please survive Sinon.

duckroll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dya0Mmi4LU

WIT Studio's new anime "THE ROLLING GIRLS"

Director: Kotomi Deai (Silver Spoon S2)
Scripts: Yasuyuki Muto (Sengoku Basara series)
Original Character Design: tani (Tari Tari)
Animation Character Design: Katsuhiko Kitada (Hal)
Airs in 2015

Glad to see Deai directing again; I'm fond of her work.

Nice! Looking forward to Wit doing stuff which isn't Shingeki! Deai is a plus! :)

-I've very careful to say this but supposedly Oshii Maromu will be doing key animation. I might have misheard this but it's definitely somebody from GITS and there was a roar when his name was announced. Take this as a rumor until someone else confirms it as this would be a megaton.

-Ghost in the Shell(1st OVA) is cited as heavy influence.

Dude, are you drunk? :(

Oshii isn't an animator. He's a director. He doesn't do animation at all. What Ghost in the Shell OVA are you talking about? Arise?! There were two films before SAC. What OVA? :(

Be responsible, don't drink and post!

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online II - 06

Oh. my. god. What the fuck is wrong with me? Why do I continue to watch this god damn show. He cut a bullet in fucking half.....aahhhhhhh. I am harming my very soul by watching this fucking show. And she very clearly wants the Kirito because there's no other reason females exist in this story but to want him.

To be fair, a lot of fictional stories have a bullet being cut in half. Mythbusters even did a segment on it. Thats not giving any sort of credit to SAO though it is just a common idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dya0Mmi4LU

WIT Studio's new anime "THE ROLLING GIRLS"

potential
energy

Jarmel

Banned
Dude, are you drunk? :(

Oshii isn't an animator. He's a director. He doesn't do animation at all. What Ghost in the Shell OVA are you talking about? Arise?! There were two films before SAC. What OVA? :(

Be responsible, don't drink and post!

They said someone that sounded like Ishii. That's the only person I know attached to GITS. He was clearly well known as people started reacting.

Talking about the first film I guess. He said OVA but he meant Oshii's stuff. Can't blame him as I would have referred to it as an OVA too.

Edit:Maybe he meant Kise. That would sound similar. Anyway ignore that bit for the time being.

Sword Art Online II 06

The Kirito D swoops up another into the losers bracket.
Was actually pretty decent until the duel started and Kirito cut a sniper bullet in half from 10 meters away because SKILL

Also:

Yes, that certainly looks like a guy who would call himself Death Gun.

duckroll

They said someone that sounded like Ishii. That's the only person I know attached to GITS. He was clearly well known as people started reacting.

Talking about the first film I guess. He said OVA but he clearly meant Oshii's stuff. Can't blame him as I would have referred to it as an OVA too.

Mitsuo Iso?!?!?!

(I'm trolling, this can't be true...)

Branduil

Talking about the first film I guess. He said OVA but he meant Oshii's stuff. Can't blame him as I would have referred to it as an OVA too.

You sure they didn't say Mitsuo Iso?

Mature

Ya'll confusin' me!

So the Samurai Flamenco BDs have been coming out, and they've got some amazing corrections on them:

Looks like they've actually, er, finished the show. This guy has been chronicling the many corrections to be found.
Oh, righteous. Not watching it during its broadcast might end up paying off.

Defuser

Again!! Live Action ep 1

again1bou6x.gif

Akari Hayami of the former Momoiro Clover is a perfect casting as Usami consider the mangaka actually based Usami off her when he started the manga.

Now there is a few things I'm quite displeased about this adaptation and that is the perverse nature of this script writer and director taking liberties to inject ecchiness into a non ecchi manga.

1ysjtf.jpg

Why is there a need to change a dialogue line that wasn't in manga into this? And it doesn't even make sense for this line to happen considering Imamura was a long ass distance away from her and was doing something that wasn't even remotely suggesting anything sexual. The next 2 scenes I wanna point out but I can't post pictures because it is lewd and ban worthy. Is there really a need to have a dedicated scene of a underskirt panty shot and it happens to be a frilly white one? The second is the scene where a conversation takes place in a girls changing room if you know what I'm mean.

The adapation so far is more or less accurate to the book despite the shuffling of scenes but I'm quite disappointed that the crew have to resort to fanservice instead of playing off the strengths of manga where ecchi is nearly non existant in it.

Aldnoah 06

This is turning into a real monster of the week anime. Nothing about Inaho and the earthling gang is interesting. They keep teasing what happened at Heaven's Fall but nothing comes of it. Right now Slaine is the only reason to watch this and he only got maybe 3 mins of screen time this episode.

Also, Happy Birthday darkside!

Hyouka - 12

At this point I'm in love with this show.

Episode 11 was a bit overly dramatic but that's about the biggest complain I have so far ;P

Oh well and the new OP sucks, really liked listening to the first one.

Did you watch 11.5/OVA first?

Also I agree. I really liked the first OP. Second one grew on me but I really dug the first one. People told me I was crazy back when I was watching telling me how the second one was so superior but I agree with you. Hyouka OP1 4 Life!!

It's pretty weabo in here guys.

Sounds like a cop-out! I mean, we get to see Mycroft's face, right!

That is a cop-out. I demand to
see the sisters face!

Yeh, was a nice interlude. Kinda interesting that the sister's face isn't shown, shrouds her more in mystery which is somewhat fitting.

This is also one of the rare anime episodes where I wouldn't call the camera framing and focus on a girls bust, waistline and below as fanservice. That's because it's always (I think) obviously out of Hotaros' perspective and has plenty relevancy. Overall the episode gave a good look at the characters and their relationships, the one between Hotaro and Chitanda being especially interesting/weird.

That said, some of the earlier shots when Hotaro's sister is showering/drying herself off were framed in the more usual manner iirc. Well, still without showing her face I guess.

edit:
The relation between Hotaro and his sister is also quite something. They're so different and she exerts some kind of authority over him, which I guess already showed earlier, looking at how he followed her 'orders' of forming/joining the Classic Club.

Ah. I guess that answers my question. Sister is, interestingly enough, very important to the story when it comes to moving the plot forward. It's strange.

This is easily their strongest staff list since Hyouka.

Becoming interested.

You mean the writer of Air/Kanon/Clannad/Infinite Stratos/Golden Time?! :)

And sold!

Sabagebu. From the same director as YuruYuri.

I did not know this. No wonder I am enjoying both so much. It has that odd humor that I love so much.

Aldnoah Zero - 6

The knight's mech designs have gotten progressively less interesting since the original threat. We go from matter destroying hull that, as a side effect, is completely stealthed because any radiation that touched it was also absorbed to ... swords and flying arms? The PTSD subplot is also wearing a bit thin for me, how many near death situations does the dude have to get in before he has his epiphany and is able to do something again?

At least we have Slain.

Andrew J.

Aldnoah Zero 06

If you had told me that Urobuchi would put
Rocket Punches
in his serious military robot show, I don't think I'd have believed you.

We also get an explanation for why the Earthlings all seemed so unfamiliar with the capabilities of Martian weaponry, which I believe Jexhius and others were wondering about earlier.

duckroll

So the Samurai Flamenco BDs have been coming out, and they've got some amazing corrections on them:

Looks like they've actually, er, finished the show. This guy has been chronicling the many corrections to be found.

Whoa. Thanks for sharing that. The changes they made throughout the series are really, really impressive and I would definitely want to watch it again in a more complete form.

This is just amazing. Who the hell is paying for all these changes?!

Aldnoah Zero - 06

Enjoyable episode overall. Liked getting some much needed back story on the war itself and some of the characters and there's that nice little surprise regarding their commander at that. Koichirō is still the most interesting of all the cast members in the show for me.
I was actually surprised it was Slaine who saved them and not Koichirō.

22_201408092352370aes47p1s.jpg

pa1407596024576solpaz.jpg

5844k9yok.gif

Oh Kirito...you just can't keep your hands to yourself.

DAMN YOU KIRITO!!! DAMN YOU SAO!!!! Leave Sinon alone. Don't make her dependent on Our Lord and Savior Kirito. We need one girl in this story to not be attracted to him and stand on her own. Goddamnit!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom