• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aldnoah Zero 06

If you had told me that Urobuchi would put
Rocket Punches
in his serious military robot show, I don't think I'd have believed you.

We also get an explanation for why the Earthlings all seemed so unfamiliar with the capabilities of Martian weaponry, which I believe Jexhius and others were wondering about earlier.

I was under the impression that Urobuchi only wrote the first three episodes.

Superflat

DAMN YOU KIRITO!!! DAMN YOU SAO!!!! Leave Sinon alone. Don't make her dependent on Our Lord and Savior Kirito. We need one girl in this story to not be attracted to him and stand on her own. Goddamnit!!!!

She's been doing a fine job of making herself weak all by her lonesome :p

Believe in Kirito and become healed.

Jex

Whoa. Thanks for sharing that. The changes they made throughout the series are really, really impressive and I would definitely want to watch it again in a more complete form.

This is just amazing. Who the hell is paying for all these changes?!

Love.

Happy Birthday darkside!

Sword Art Online 2: episode 6

Oh boy. Oh boy. Episode of the season. AOTY. AOTC. AOTTF. AD. BC.

Seriously. I was laughing so hard throughout. Kirito was trying so hard to be a humble brag badass.

"That's not strength. That's 1337 skillz yo MLG Beeeeetch"

and the scene when
he remembered she takes the game super serial and he's all "you're right. Exactly because it's a game it means we must always try our hardest. Even though theoretically not showing you my strength first hand until the tournament would be smarter, but no if I don't take it super serial we don't deserve to be in this world"

And the blatant Star Wars "homages" are getting silly now. Now we have New Tsundere Waifu Get because "you're strong Kirito-kun, that makes me moist. Hold me closer with to your body as you humble brag"

I'm done. I'm dead. 10/10 cannot wait for the next episode. Please tell me we have a Death Gun scene where he reveals a secret to Kirito after cutting his hand.

Superflat

Aldnoah 06
This is turning into a real monster of the week anime. Nothing about Inaho and the earthling gang is interesting. They keep teasing what happened at Heaven's Fall but nothing comes of it. Right now Slaine is the only reason to watch this and he only got maybe 3 mins of screen time this episode.

I'm finding the opposite true :U

I like Slaine's character so far but he's been stuck in a position with little wiggle room to do anything. The cast on Earth is expansive so it's a little more dynamic. Inaho is among my fave protag of the season right next to Sabagebu's Momoka and Gekkan Shoujo's Sakura.

As for monster-of-the-week, two cour actions shows typically frontload the show with that before shit actually hits the fan.

I saw a gas mask girl, so now I'm looking forward to this.

Also I think I hit the point where I can't watch animu anymore. Everything is shit. Well not really, but I can't pay attention to what's going on. Going to take a long break from watching anything.

At least you're not purposely watching bad anime.

She's been doing a fine job of making herself weak all by her lonesome :p

Believe in Kirito and become healed.

I am rooting for Death Gun now.

Either shoots Kirito and releases all the girls from underneath his love spell to strangely become the hero.

Or shoots Shinon so that way she can't fall under Kirito's spell and thus dying pure. "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become a part of Kirito's harem"

Don't know why Kirito wants to expand his harem anyways. That's an area where girls go to continually have their hearts broken because of Asuna's stranglehold on Kirito.

Superflat

Sword Art Online 2: episode 6

Oh boy. Oh boy. Episode of the season. AOTY. AOTC. AOTTF. AD. BC.

Seriously. I was laughing so hard throughout. Kirito was trying so hard to be sound like a humble brag badass.

"That's not strength. That's 1337 skillz yo MLG Beeeeetch"

and the scene when
when he remembered she takes the game super serial and he's all "you're right. Exactly because it's a game it means we must always try our hardest. Even though theoretically not showing you my strength first hand until the tournament would be smarter, but no if I don't take it super serial we don't deserve to be in this world"

And the blatant Star Wars "homages" are getting silly now. Now we have New Tsundere Waifu Get because "you're strong Kirito-kun, that makes me moist. Hold me closer with to your body as you humble brag"

I'm done. I'm dead. 10/10 cannot wait for the next episode. Please tell me we have a Death Gun scene where he reveals a secret to Kirito after cutting his hand.

I wish I could be that excited about SAOII lol

I'm not finding it stupid or fun enough to feel that strongly about it yet :[

Jarmel

Banned
So as to the Hana bit, yea I'm not sure where that falls under the spoiler tree. I'm guessing that she gets killed off at the end of episode 1 but when you're openly stating her death and using it as a crowd source aspect, do I really need to put that under spoiler bars?

Hana is the main character of Episode 1. Although not remarkably skilled in combat, her stereotypical Japanese high schooler exterior belies her unique gift to shift people's' moods and mental states. Using her talent, she often gives much needed stability and catharsis to the team, helping shield them from their tremendous burdens. An all around nice girl with strong family ties, she lives with her family and brother.

Also when you look at this description, it's almost derogatory to an extent. So I'm guessing the pilot episode is going to be used to set up the blonde woman as the actual lead and using Hana as the viewer's intro into that world. So like Ga-Rei Zero I guess.

It's a bit tactless though for the male crowd though to be choosing her death. I can imagine some sick fucks getting off on that.

Aldnoah Zero 06

Oh look another villain with no personality besides "Humans are teh suck"
At least Slaine is here now, hope this can start picking up some steam. Laughed pretty hard when Inaho was hanging upside down expressionless saying it was fine.
And was...was that a goddamn
rocket punch? EPISODE WAS GREAT BECAUSE OF THAT

I wish I could be that excited about SAOII lol

I'm not finding it stupid or fun enough to feel that strongly about it yet :[

The writing isn't necessarily horrible. And it's at the very least 'fun' to watch. The thing that is making me excited is that I find a lot of humor in the Kirito-kun self-insert yourself fantasy for gamers. Also the writing taking itself seriously where it shouldn't. So good.

cajunator

Banned
I am rooting for Death Gun now.

Either shoots Kirito and releases all the girls from underneath his love spell to strangely become the hero.

Or shoots Shinon so that way she can't fall under Kirito's spell and thus dying pure. "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become a part of Kirito's harem"

Don't know why Kirito wants to expand his harem anyways. That's an area where girls go to continually have their hearts broken because of Asuna's stranglehold on Kirito.

lol yes. This is so true.
Sachi was the lucky one

Superflat

The writing isn't necessarily horrible. And it's at the very least 'fun' to watch. The thing that is making me excited is that I find a lot of humor in the Kirito-kun self-insert yourself fantasy for gamers. Also the writing taking itself seriously where it shouldn't. So good.

It's definitely not bad-bad where it's not enjoyable in any context. The writing taking itself too seriously should be funny but I'm finding that it goes about it in a way that makes it boring, esp in the first few episodes where it's full of super serious walking and talking.

The action is picking up though, which is basically what I'm watching it for :U

zulux21

aldnoah 6

annoying 5th episode still lingers, but this episode was fine on its own. not really a great episode but not a complete piece of crap episode like ep 5 at least.

though god I hope her comment about her arms being a single molecule was mistranslated... because that is just stupid, very very very stupid.

Stop doing watch bets with mike!

Also I think we need to start a rule. Everyone who posts Sword Art Online impressions needs to post that jif of that guy holding a minigun. I love that jif.

especially good because he's doing the

99XPmhH.png

face while he orgasms over his minigun

Defuser

Aldnoah Zero ep 6

24_20140810002728915smpjgp.jpg

Uguu

This is not how you treat a princess girl by insulting her intellect Inaho.

I give Batman Inaho the benefit of the doubt since he didn't have enough prep time. Marito is getting pathetic, how many more episodes before he can get over it? I like how Inaho is forever gonna use the orange trainer Kataprakt.

Edit:
Goddamn these Martians are incompetant in shooting at Slaine, they got OP mechs but their personal firearms are still outdated and not one of them carries a rifle.

Theonik

So the Samurai Flamenco BDs have been coming out, and they've got some amazing corrections on them:

Looks like they've actually, er, finished the show. This guy has been chronicling the many corrections to be found.
Oh wow. Glad I didn't jump in as this aired. Some of these fixes are amazing. That CG hangar thing especially.

The Idolm@ster Ep. 5

Obligatory beach episode. Blargh. The male gaze shots, while not super abundant felt tackier given the previous episode acknowledged the male gaze. This episode really doesn't function as much more than fanservice. It's hardly a reward for the girls given that they haven't gone through a whole lot at this point in the series nor does it really function as a calm before the storm episode. The bonding between the girls was pretty weak too. The scene towards the end with a few of the girls talking about the future didn't have much weight.
So as to the Hana bit, yea I'm not sure where that falls under the spoiler tree. I'm guessing that she gets killed off at the end of episode 1 but when you're openly stating her death and using it as a crowd source aspect, do I really need to put that under spoiler bars?

Also when you look at this description, it's almost derogatory to an extent. So I'm guessing the pilot episode is going to be used to set up the blonde woman as the actual lead and using Hana as the viewer's intro into that world. So like Ga-Rei Zero I guess.
Well, the extra episodes will be prequels if they meet those goals.
It's a bit tactless though for the male crowd though to be choosing her death. I can imagine some sick fucks getting off on that.
Yep, especially given how violent the trailer is.

They updated the Kickstarter page with some new art.
Yeah, this is going to get tasteless.

SAO II - 06

This show is just too damn stupid. What a travesty of an episode this time around. The fight between Sinon and Kirito leaves me in despair. Every last thing about that, what the fuck was the author of th LN and/or the writers for this show thinking. First of all the insane panic mode Sinon goes in for the most contrived reasons. Then these god damn ridiculous game mechanics that make your aim significantly worse when your pulse gets high...

WHO WOULD LOOK AT THIS GAME DESIGN AND CONSIDER IT ANY GOOD!?! LIKE SERIOUSLY, YOU MUSTN'T GET EXCITED IN THIS GAME? WHAT?! /endcaps

Their entire dialog was corny and full of nonsense. Kirito becomes even more god. Sinon is amazed by his ability to seemingly defy game mechanics. This man defies limitations to the real world as well, girl. Predicted the trajectory from her eye imagery on the other side of the scope... haha... wow. Let's not even talk about reaction times and the like.

Then his demeaning manliness when he grabs ahold of Sinon. The fucking smugness...

And there's so much more to complain about.

For example, last episode the show gave us the hint at the laughing coffins and a lot of us actually expected there to be some clever connection to the previous arcs!

Well no, fuck you. This author would never think even half an episode ahead. So, instead of there being much to the episodes that actually aired we get a flashback on something that seems entirely too important to be missing from the first season. I mean, a huge, combined attack on the Laughing Coffin guild? Kirito kills two people? Oh and we are to believe he was actually traumatized by that and it only shows NOW?

This writing...

Man I'm already watching this because it is "so bad it's good" but maybe I gotta drop this.

Watching Hyouka and then diving into this is a huge shock.

Now please tell me that todays Aldnoah Zero's episode is a major step up from the last one or I'm gonna be really disappointed.

zulux21

SAO II - 06

Then these god damn ridiculous game mechanics that make your aim significantly worse when your pulse gets high...

WHO WOULD LOOK AT THIS GAME DESIGN AND CONSIDER IT ANY GOOD!?! LIKE SERIOUSLY, YOU MUSTN'T GET EXCITED IN THIS GAME? WHAT?! /endcaps

Now please tell me that todays Aldnoah Zero's episode is a major step up from the last one or I'm gonna be really disappointed.

actually that is good design... that is how sniping actually works. The game is supposed to be realistic, not some random arcade shooter. If you have your emotions running high you are going to have a lot worse aim (they even explained that an ep or two ago). Why do you think you always see snipers takes a deep breath and stop breathing when they go to shoot? Any small change in their body can easily make them miss.

as for aldnoah... just go in expecting it to be garbage... you will at least not be disappointed... though I can't guarantee you will be pleased.

cajunator

Banned
Today I decided that I need to smile so I can begin to move on.
Someone suggest something uplifting (that I havent watched and Ill let you know)

Midonin

Mahouka 1s this done yet?

Magical thesis writing and exploiting the work of Mr. N. Flamel for the military industrial complex, yes, this is exactly what I think of when I hear the next arc is going to get more exciting. I'm okay with TV having a slow beginning, but Mahouka's arcs have a slow beginning, slow middle and a tepid ending.

Blusby

Some new info about the Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works adaptation:

- original scenes that complement the content of the original story are fully written by Nasu.
- there are scenes that that switch on the point of view other than Shiro's.
- there will be also the new scene of conversation between Kirei and Gilgamesh.
- a new scene for those who know "Fate/Zero" which subtly ties both work together.

This sounds mighty good.

Someone suggest something uplifting (that I havent watched and Ill let you know)

YuruYuri?

If not that then you could always rewatch Baka & Test. Between those two and Sabagebu my spirits have been brought back up.

zulux21

chihayafuru?
Barakonmon
uh.... school rumble...

thinking about it I am not really sure uplifting is the same for everyone...

Jarmel

Banned

- original scenes that complement the content of the original story are fully written by Nasu.
- a new scene for those who know "Fate/Zero" which subtly ties both work together.

This sounds mighty good.

Oh fuck, are we going to get an Archer flashback episode? Please god let it be a full two episode flashback.

mankoto

SAO II 6
First half of the episode was pretty okay. Kirito's past came back to haunt him and he was scared to death because of it. He snaps out of it seemingly probably with nothing but meeting Death Gun again on the brain... And the the match with Sinon happened. I can just imagine the crowd being pretty upset. Just think about it. Some new kid out of nowhere is kicking ass and taking names vs the Sniper that never misses. One would think that's the most hyped match only for them to do more talking than fighting. And to top the episode off
she might be falling for him and may become the generic tsundere characrer. Please, escape his grasp while you can. Go to your childhood friend... Or whoever he is.

Dresden

This sounds mighty good.

I am but a poor hermit who has lost his way, could someone explain if the new FSN adapt is UBW or what??? If so hype rising.

Blusby

Oh fuck, are we going to get an Archer flashback episode? Please god let it be a full two episode flashback.

Sounds hella' likely, given that UBW is just too short to fit into 24 eps and fans have been curious about Archer's history since the VN has been released.

I am but a poor hermit who has lost his way, could someone explain if the new FSN adapt is UBW or what??? If so hype rising.

Yes, the tv series airing this Fall and upcoming Spring is UBW, the Heaven's Feel route is also being adapted in a theatrical format.

Mokoi

Banned
I will fight you. :p

It's canon. :p

This sounds mighty good.

Good news, and gosh Archer's flashback would be amazing. I want to see what he went through!

This sounds mighty good.

Really interested to see how that works out (or even fit) for UBW.

actually that is good design... that is how sniping actually works. The game is supposed to be realistic, not some random arcade shooter. If you have your emotions running high you are going to have a lot worse aim (they even explained that an ep or two ago). Why do you think you always see snipers takes a deep breath and stop breathing when they go to shoot? Any small change in their body can easily make them miss.

How is that good game design? Even if we're going down the "realism is good" route, this isn't realism. It's further away from realism than Kinect controls would be for this game.

This is a complex VR game already for crying out loud. You already DO aim just like you'd do in real life. If you're going to be excited chances are you're already having a harder time aiming because it's going to be tougher to keep your hands calm etc.

Why would you add this completely arbitrary "high pulse = awful aiming reticle" on top? The one thing that doesn't happen in real life when you're nervous/excited or whatever is your scope going fucking nuts on you. edit: This also means while you'll actually still have a chance to take good shots in real life you're relying on randomness in this moronic game. Such fun.

In general this is just awful game design because it means this cool VR gun game isn't primarily about your skills with guns and all that good jazz but instead how to remain cool. I'd like to see the person that says something like "Oh cool, when I'm excited while playing Dota 2 my abilities AoE decreases. Isn't it nice how excitement is punished!?!"

P3P5I

Man, it's gotta suck to be a player in GGO right now.
You've farmed and trained for months for this tournament, honed your skills, and are ready to see the fruits of your efforts. Then some scrub walks up, first time playing GGO, and gets through the qualifying rounds. If Kirito wins the tournament how much confidence will the players of GGO as a collective lose in themselves?

Seen all that. This might be difficult :/
Im sure theres some happy moe shows I havent yet watched.

Maybe Clannad After Stor---....... er...... wait......

Hyouka? B Gata H Kei? Kenichi? Desert Punk?

Could always rewatch shows. B&T is really uplifting right now. No harm in watching something again.

Onii-sama 19

Hmph. Hmph. Approved. So apparently onii-sama is so desirable they already want him for another competition. Which makes sense, he's more incandescent that the sun itself.

Then we have a couple of more THIS IS NOT INCEST WE SWEAR U GAIS scenes where these two keep acting like they want to fuck each other, with one of Miyuki blatantly asking her brother "I'm going to go change, if you have preferences in what I should wear let me know"

Then an action scene occurs, fairly standard for t-

w-was that just Engrish? The thing Woofington loves the most in anime? No it must've been my ears playing a tr-

L17LROx.gif

You raise me uuuuuuuup, so I can stand on mooooouuuuuuntaiiiiins~
You raaaaaaaise me uuuuuup to walk on stormy seaaaaaaaas~
I am strong when I am on your shoooooouuuuulders~
You raaaaaaaise me up to more than I can beeeeeeee~

11/10. 100/10. A/A. Anime of the year. Anime of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom