• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Seen all that. This might be difficult :/
Im sure theres some happy moe shows I havent yet watched.

what about skip beat
or lovely complex
or host club
or oooooh yakitate japan
or Kaleido Star
or Kimi ni Todoke
or Kyou no Go no Ni (ova series not tv series)?

I've really been enjoying Barakamon the most so far. I like its mood and the humor actually makes me laugh. I always feel better after watching an episode.

mankoto

Man, it's gotta suck to be a player in GGO right now.
You've farmed and trained for months for this tournament, honed your skills, and are ready to see the fruits of your efforts. Then some scrub walks up, first time playing GGO, and gets through the qualifying rounds. If Kirito wins the tournament how much confidence will the players of GGO as a collective lose in themselves?
Well considering it's a converted account and what not, some of his stats from SAO/ALO have carried over. Sure it's completely different genre, but since the source code is ultimately the same, it probably feels the same as those games making a smooth adjusting period. It'd probably be the same if a GGO player went to ALO and kicked major ass with a ranged gun looking weapon

Regardless, it's a pretty stupid excuse to make Kirito unstoppable upon entry.

Shounen Hollywood - 6

I was worried that the show would go back to looking bad after the play since the show is clearly allocating their budget to only the episodes that matter, but this episode looked quite fine, so good on them.

This episode explores themes of belonging, free will, and hard work though the eyes of the oldest and youngest members of the band, and somehow meshes them all together in one whole. There a lot contrast between the situations and the work ethic of Makki and Kira, and the show plays with whether the contrast should be eliminated or not.

At times, the show feels somewhat wordy when it gets introspective, though it makes up for it by feeling natural again once the cast starts interacting with one another again.

Clov

Cajun, you want some cute, uplifting shows?

Strawberry Marshmellow and Manabi Straight are both very cute. If you haven't seen any of Tamayura you might want to check out that as well.

Actually, you know what else you might like? Several years ago I watched this adorable anime called Binchou-tan. Very relaxing and silly.

Midonin

Barakamon 06

Naru's got the soul of a shopkeep within her. And when it comes to Pokemon, she's clearly a bug-type trainer.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Mahouka 19

Magic theory. Magic theory. More magic theory. I would give a shit if they actually explained how Magic worked.

Jarmel

Banned
https://twitter.com/humanity6/status/497324338593280001

Newtypeの記事を読んでたんですが、当初FateのTVアニメはFateルート(セイバールート)の予定で制作もある程度進んでいたところを、UBWルート(凛ルート)に変更することになったとか。変更後はFateルート→フリーゲーム、UBWルート→TVアニメ、HFルート→劇場版とか
-I read the newtype article and at first the Fate anime was to be the Fate route (Saber route) and they made a little progress although though they changed it to UBW (Rin route) among other things. After the change, Fate was released for free, UBW became the TV anime and HF became the movie version, among
Thank you god.
bosel.blog64.fc2.com/blog-entry-2915.html said:
ちなみに武内崇さんは全ルートのアニメ化を主張していたのですが
今回の決定を聞いて「セイバーは? ねえセイバーは!?」と言ったそうな。
あまりの頼もしさに奈須きのこ先生も思わずホロリ

Translation
-By the way, Takeuchi-san requested an anime with all the routes.
-When he heard the decision, he said "And saber? What about Saber?!"
I'm fucking crying. We need a sequel to I Want to Bully Saber More.

cajunator

Banned
Cajun, you want some cute, uplifting shows?

Strawberry Marshmellow and Manabi Straight are both very cute. If you haven't seen any of Tamayura you might want to check out that as well.

Actually, you know what else you might like? Several years ago I watched this adorable anime called Binchou-tan. Very relaxing and silly.

Hmm. Tamayura. Isnt that the show Firehawk likes a lot?

Link Man

Banned
Aldnoah Zero 6

Feels like the show is treading water, waiting to see if it will sink or swim. An interesting reveal, though.

Sort of getting tired of the monster-of-the-week formula, though. Seems a bit cliche for this type of series.

zulux21

Aldnoah Zero - 06

Plain boring.

I can get that... I mean the most excited i got during the episode
was when the long range enemy didn't decide to go run in and punch things.... she actually stayed long range... which really is a sad thing to be excited about.

Aldnoah Zero 6

Feels like the show is treading water, waiting to see if it will sink or swim. An interesting reveal, though.

Sort of getting tired of the monster-of-the-week formula, though. Seems a bit cliche for this type of series.

it sank last week... it's mostly a cast of if they can salvage something slightly enjoyable from the wreckage... episode 6 says... no not really so far.

_hekk05

Banned
I tolerate SAO II only because mother rosario is gonna be awesome. Also sinonon gonna get cat ears and make a cute sound when her tail is pulled.

Sachi was the lucky one

Ice cold

Started on Barakamon cus I was recommended it. Not disappointed

Midonin

Since the first F/SN anime adapts Fate, and people often talk up how you need all three routes in order to understand things, I'd say that means the first anime still has its value. Animation aside, it can be said to serve its purpose.

I tolerate SAO II only because mother rosario is gonna be awesome.

I don't believe you people anything anymore. Supposedly GGO would be much better and blabla. And now I'm watching this and it's still complete balls. This episode was by far the worst but none of the others was even close to anything deserving a 'good'.

Sinon getting cat ears eventually sounds just about right for this show though. Another one of those supposedly 'cool' characters that tries the best to prove the opposite.

I tolerate SAO II only because mother rosario is gonna be awesome. Also sinonon gonna get cat ears and make a cute sound when her tail is pulled.

Ice cold

Started on Barakamon cus I was recommended it. Not disappointed

Was it PhillipCostigan that recommended it, cause if it was he was right on the mark. It's sooo good.

_hekk05

Banned
I don't believe you people anything anymore. Supposedly GGO would be much better and blabla. And now I'm watching this and it's still complete balls. This episode was by far the worst but none of the others was even close to anything deserving a 'good'.

Sinon getting cat ears eventually sounds just about right for this show though. Another one of those supposedly 'cool' characters that tries the best to prove the opposite.

Mother Rosario is widely considered by most LN readers to be the point where the author got his shit together and wrote a good book.

It has actual character progression, plot that makes sense, actual MMO questing, actual emotions and less focus on the harem of fail

Happy Birthday darkside.

Even with how some may feel about KyoAni's recent shows I'm still looking forward to Amagi Brilliant Park.

---

That reminds me that I just recently found out that Yu Kobayashi does the voice for Lucina in the Japanese version of Fire Emblem: Awakening. I haven't played the game but that's the girl who was getting added to the roster in the newest Smash Brothers.

I also found out Sugita does the voice of the main guy Chrom. Kobayashi still lives just in video game form instead of anime.

Oh yeah, you stopped around the halfway point didn't you? Get on that! Haha.

It's funny how despite watching the show and even having an avatar and everything I'm still not associated with the show,haha.

Me too. Although many around here know I quite like Irisu. Many even associate me as being quite like her for better or worse I guess,haha.

I'm looking foward to Amagi Brilliant Park too. :3

Eeh, are you sure about Chrom, I usually play it in japanese and I always got the impression of Sugita being Lon'qu...I'm getting bad at this.

As for Kobayashi I got Senran Kagura 2 yesterday, so I have her and Asami Imai and Miyuki Sawashiro to look foward to. There's no OT because of the new lewd law?

Did you get it to R_Thanatos?? :3

Edit: Happy Birthday darkside.

kayos90

SAO II 6

Kill me. This episode was just blegh. I thought Kirito was going to go berserk mode again but I guess I hoped too much. This should definitely be at least 14 episodes though. Maybe even 15-16. That'd be interesting.

Fireblend

Banned
So the Samurai Flamenco BDs have been coming out, and they've got some amazing corrections on them:

Looks like they've actually, er, finished the show. This guy has been chronicling the many corrections to be found.

Woah those are some pretty insane corrections. Some of those "original" scenes I would barely call done. That first one with the hangar is just sad.

Mother Rosario is widely considered by most LN readers to be the point where the author got his shit together and wrote a good book.

It has actual character progression, plot that makes sense, actual MMO questing, actual emotions and less focus on the harem of fail

Aye, I'll be quoting you on that.

Though, even if he ever got his shit together, I fear it may not be possible to tell a good story with all the crap that's already established in this franchise.

Barack Obama Pokemon 6

5flTjfC.png

I like to wear shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!

Also the scene at the end of the credits was brilliant. Had me giggling. Much better than Guardians of the Galaxy post-credits scene

Mr.Jeff

As for Kobayashi I got Senran Kagura 2 yesterday, so I have her and Asami Imai and Miyuki Sawashiro to look foward to. There's no OT because of the new lewd law?
Before Zach De K hyperventilates, are you sure she's in it? I can find no mention of her on the cast list?

kayos90

I never liked Shirou's outfit in the original anime. It always looked like shit. I like how he looks now.

Blusby

Since the first F/SN anime adapts Fate, and people often talk up how you need all three routes in order to understand things, I'd say that means the first anime still has its value. Animation aside, it can be said to serve its purpose.

The funny thing is, bar Saber's character arc, Zero already pretty much took on Fate route's role as an intro arc to the story, so adapting Fate first would have been pointless since Zero already explains the HGW in detail.

Hey, bug catchers don't say that, youngsters do!

Barakamon 06

So I guess Naru is a Bug Catcher now
And that end credit scene was pretty good.

Well Sherlock Holmes, she's a bug catcher trainer, lives in an island where straw hats wouldn't be unheard of, and wears shorts. Forgive me if I mixed the line and trainer up on purpose because it fit a bit too well.

tl;dr
I came here to laugh at you.

zulux21

So the Samurai Flamenco BDs have been coming out, and they've got some amazing corrections on them:

Looks like they've actually, er, finished the show. This guy has been chronicling the many corrections to be found.

so speaking of samurai flamenco... after the big twist in after like 6-8 episodes I felt the show fell to absolute garbage and stopped watching it around halfway through.... was the second half of the series worth watching at all if i hated the series after the big twist?

so speaking of samurai flamenco... after the big twist in after like 6-8 episodes I felt the show fell to absolute garbage and stopped watching it around halfway through.... was the second half of the series worth watching at all if i hated the series after the big twist?

But that's when the series actually got good and fun to watch?
Flamengers arc is a little weak but everything after that was goddamn amazing
I understand the whiplash that people felt from the twist out of nowhere and liking the first arc, but I can't really see a way for the series to be as enjoyable if it had stuck to those first few episodes formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom