• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

These are still very popular series wit a lot of fanart and discussion.
I still see choco cornets at anime conventions and its mainly due to Lucky Star.
Theres even a Konata figurine cosplaying as shimakaze.

I'm aware they're popular, I just never expected Funimation to get them. Didn't seem like the kind of shows they'd pick up.

cajunator

Banned
so I didn't see all of this info in here
were home releases of
d-frag
blazblue
Riddle Story of Devil.
Freezing Vibration!
and Unbreakable Machine Doll. confirmed before?

edit:
also this news
for the black butler book of murder ova series.

SOLD SOLD!

I'm aware they're popular, I just never expected Funimation to get them. Didn't seem like the kind of shows they'd pick up.

Why do you say that? What sort of shows do you expect from Funi?

She has a similar sort of er, infliction (?) to the way she talks but she is not to be mistaken for the one and only goddess. Also joke's on you, Shiraishi voices Hikage!

No, no, I thought Hikage was voiced by Sawashiro but saw she was done by Shiraishi, I said in the other post I was getting bad at this. lol

Funi's got Strike Witches, I'm not surprised about anything they pick up anymore.
No, no, I thought Hikage was voiced by Sawashiro but saw she was done by Shiraishi, I said in the other post I was getting bad at this. lol
Read my edit, lol. Also neither you or Nafe mentioned that Miyukichi played the female MU and female Morgan, SMH.

mankoto

Tokyo ESP 5
Now I want to pick up the manga. It took 5 episodes but now I'm really interested in what this will have to offer.

zulux21

while I could see lucky star as a questionable pick for them (though it's likely popular enough to warrant it) I don't see how haruhi would be that surprising.... Mikaru's boobs will sell more then enough copies to make it worth licensing lol.

Clov

Some things are beyond saving.

I'm still convinced that someone will pick it up at some point, whether it be Sentai or NISA or somebody else.

Why do you say that? What sort of shows do you expect from Funi?

Action and fanservice shows. They do license other kinds of things occasionally (see Mushishi, Princess Jellyfish) but those haven't really worked out for them.

while I could see lucky star as a questionable pick for them (though it's likely popular enough to warrant it) I don't see how haruhi would be that surprising.... Mikaru's boobs will sell more then enough copies to make it worth licensing lol.

Ha, that's true!

so I didn't see all of this info in here
were home releases of
d-frag
blazblue
Riddle Story of Devil.
Freezing Vibration!
and Unbreakable Machine Doll. confirmed before?

edit:
also this news
for the black butler book of murder ova series.

I'm so fuckin happy, first we get a BD release of Cowboy Bebop and Haruhi. And now we get D-Frag home video release. You've done good Funimation.

Also where's Woofington since he's been dying to here about Cowboy Bebop BD release.

Link Man

Banned
You know what would be nice? If Funi would release a stream for Cowboy Bebop.

Want to get the blu-rays, though. Need to see the price (though pricing for Steins;Gate gives me hope).

Will definitely get Lucky Star blu-rays.

Cowboy Bebop getting retailer exclusive releases.

Hey Woofington, it's your lucky day! Cowboy Bebop BDs are coming this December. Two different premium editions, one at Amazon, one at Funimation's store.

Edit: Beaten by a minute!

L17LROx.gif

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah I would fight for yoooooooooooou~
I'd liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie fo' youuuuuuuuuu~
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaalk the wire fo' you!

NUL4zc4.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH I'D DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE FO' YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU~

You know it's true~
Everything I doooooo

Oh-hoooo-hoooooooooOoOoo
I do it for yoooooooooooooooooooou.

pre-order in amazon when?

Aldnoah Zero 6

aka Valvrave S1 2.0

-Martians let Slaine escape. (why didn't they close the doors first?!!)
-We declared war!... wait, they weren't at war?
-Pouty moe, fanservice shot with miniskirt.
-Inaho being Inaboring.
-PTSD guy is boring, he only has that unique stichk as character and he has been using it almost every time he has appeared.
-You killed my brother! I am really adopted, my true family name is another! My brother was... your best friend! /shocking face. Holy shit is this a bad soap opera?
-Another Martian robot attacks! It doesn't matter how big is Earth, they happen to clash with another one by pure chance.
-Of course Inaho uses his training mech, just with the scene where he complains the military version isn't as manoeuvrable I knew he would prefer the training version.
-The martian mech seems very silly launching arms MazingerZ style, but I suppose it means she has 6 infinitely rechargeable missiles.
-How Slaine know where the princess is? Another happy coincidence he also finds the ship.

I'm still convinced that someone will pick it up at some point, whether it be Sentai or NISA or somebody else.

I would love for NIS America to pick it up. They would do it justice and would make a cool collectors box.

Still adore my Toradora box set.

cajunator

Banned
L17LROx.gif

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah I would fight for yoooooooooooou~
I'd liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie fo' youuuuuuuuuu~
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaalk the wire fo' you!

NUL4zc4.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH I'D DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEE FO' YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU~

You know it's true~
Everything I doooooo

Oh-hoooo-hoooooooooOoOoo
I do it for yoooooooooooooooooooou.

pre-order in amazon when?

I know this news would make you squee.

jbug617

Banned
Happy that Bebop got a release window but I'm not liking the trend of retailer exclusive stuff. Hopefully Right Stuf might get something from Funimation because they did let them get the Ender Box for AOT Part 2.

Thoraxes

Cowboy Bebop getting retailer exclusive releases.

Hey Woofington, it's your lucky day! Cowboy Bebop BDs are coming this December. Two different premium editions, one at Amazon, one at Funimation's store.

Edit: Beaten by a minute!

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

If the goodies are decent enough, I may buy both for the hell of it.

My blank checks are ready. Give me pricing!
It's disgusting to think how much I might pay for a premium edition.
I'll easily pay as much as my TTGL BDs, but it's Funimation so I don't expect it'll be that much.
Funimation just rescued Haruhi and Lucky Star.

WHAT.
HYPERVENTILATING NOW

WALLET CRYING. I'M CRYING.

And D-Frag too, holy shit.

Now I need them to fix Ben-to and fucking release it!

Happy that Bebop got a release window but I'm not liking the trend of retailer exclusive stuff. Hopefully Right Stuf might get something from Funimation because they did let them get the Ender Box for AOT Part 2.

It sucks but I'm just glad it got a BD release.

Aldnoah Zero 6

aka Valvrave S1 2.0

-Inaho being Inaboring.
-PTSD guy is boring, he only has that unique stichk as character and he has been using it almost every time he has appeared.
-You killed my brother! I am really adopted, my true family name is another! My brother was... your best friend! /shocking face. Holy shit is this a bad soap opera?
-Another Martian robot attacks! It doesn't matter how big is Earth, they happen to clash with another one by pure chance.
-Of course Inaho uses his training mech, just with the scene where he complains the military version isn't as manoeuvrable I knew he would prefer the training version.
-The martian mech seems very silly launching arms MazingerZ style, but I suppose it means she has 6 infinitely rechargeable missiles.
-How Slaine know where the princess is? Another happy coincidence he also finds the ship.

-Stormtrooper academy. They learned both shooting and logic there.
They weren't officially declared at war. But yes funny I know considering there was mass genocide already lol.

- Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. I found this very funny actually. So convenient. Waiting for the inevitable point she falls in love with him.

- Hey. Don't take this out on Slaine, he's the best character ever. Plus the heart always knows where your waifu is.

The thing I laughed at is how bad Slaine's Waifu and her loli assistant are at keeping the secret. They slipped it up and outright stated it like three times in this episode, seriously if anybody with half a brain was in here they'd have put 2 and 2 together to make 22.

Nafe

All that was assumed was that Laura was one of your many forms!
Lots of people watched the show. I seem to recall mAcOdIn at least being suckered into it way back in the first season.
Such impressions are nothing in the way of firehawk and Narag's love of the show or my intense, unending loathing of Houki.

Haha. That's right mAcOdIn was watching the show as well.

Why was it you hated Houki so much again?

So the Samurai Flamenco BDs have been coming out, and they've got some amazing corrections on them:

Looks like they've actually, er, finished the show. This guy has been chronicling the many corrections to be found.

Wow, some of those are really big changes. Talking about streaming for free(as long as you have internet) versus buying the DVD/BD and this particular show might be more of an extreme case but I can see why some would still want a cheaper retail release. That way they can at least see more of a finished product and not a bunch of cheaper looking art or animation.

Saving it for later at the moment. 11.5 was the last I'd watched.

Well as you've probably seen a bunch of times already the next arc is the best. I'd like to watch the show again myself and might bump it up my list. So many shows...

No doubt some sort of cloaking device.

Yeah, maybe.
Ninja Nafe.
Haha.

I'm looking foward to Amagi Brilliant Park too. :3

Eeh, are you sure about Chrom, I usually play it in japanese and I always got the impression of Sugita being Lon'qu...I'm getting bad at this.

As for Kobayashi I got Senran Kagura 2 yesterday, so I have her and Asami Imai and Miyuki Sawashiro to look foward to. There's no OT because of the new lewd law?

Did you get it to R_Thanatos?? :3

Edit: Happy Birthday darkside.

Ai Kayano I think is voicing the girl wearing red in Amagi.

I'm sure about Sugita. I was familiar with his voice anyway but after going through about 150 episodes of Gintama now, I'm definitely sure,haha. Just in case I double checked anyway and he was listed as doing the voice.

I didn't know who Lon'qu is but apparently he's voiced by Takehito Koyasu. He did the voice for Touga in Utena. Right now he's doing the voice for Oresky in Happiness Charge PreCure! if you're watching that.

You say usually Japanese. Does the NA version have a ENG/JAP voice option?

I'd still like to try Senran Kagura as I like beat 'em up games.

lol, this is embarassing, I don't know why but I got her confused with Ryoko Shiraishi, that did Himeko my kansai-ben goddess. Sorry Zach.

Yeah, I personally don't think they sound similar enough. Can't help you there,haha. :)

zulux21

Does this mean I have to watch "The Disappearance" now? Season 2 really burned me out.

disappearance is not only good, but will be a needed watch before the yuki anime finally comes out (announced but no details yet)

I was bummed out after season 2 myself, but the movie made me a fan of the series again.

cajunator

Banned

I'll easily pay as much as my TTGL BDs, but it's Funimation so I don't expect it'll be that much.
HYPERVENTILATING NOW

I dont recall exactly what was wrong and delaying this very much wanted release. Could you reiterate for me BEAR?

Articalys

I dont recall exactly what was wrong and delaying this very much wanted release. Could you reiterate for me BEAR?
Another case of Funi using the TV masters instead of the JP BD masters for their stream, which would have also made it onto their own BD release.

Aldnoah Zero 6

aka Valvrave S1 2.0

-Inaho being Inaboring.

Hey you, I won't allow you to compare a mostly good show like Valvrave to a mostly bad show like Aldnoah.

At least VVV doesn't expect you to take it seriously and actually manages to be entertaining.

Thoraxes

Apparently they ended up getting the TV version and not the BD-version (The TV version was the one streaming on their website), so I guess some things had to be re-done, the dub needs to be fixed, and now it's postponed indefinitely till they fix it.

Edit: what Arti said.

HYPERVENTILATING NOW

Can't wait for best girl Takao in D-Frag.

Disappearance is about a million times better than the Haruhi TV series.

I am going to hold you to that! ;)

disappearance is not only good, but will be a needed watch before the yuki anime finally comes out (announced but no details yet)

I was bummed out after season 2 myself, but the movie made me a fan of the series again.

Don't know if I can do more. S1 was good and S2 was long but okay. I don't think I can do more Haruhi after this movie.

Pooya

Aldnoah Zero 6

aka Valvrave S1 2.0

There was like half a second scene where Slaine says he's going after the ship and orange Kat Vlad was. How he knows Princess is there? well yeah... this is his only clue anyway. It's still poorly communicated like most things in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom