• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
what's his new look? Because compared to cool trenchcoat anime Batman he always looked like he shopped at Old Navy

fate-stay-night-ufotable-anime-remake-key-visuals-art-sevenrthstyle-002.jpg

zulux21

But that's when the series actually got good and fun to watch?
Flamengers arc is a little weak but everything after that was goddamn amazing

I was enjoying the series up until that part... a few more episodes after the big twist... but just couldn't enjoy it anymore as it just felt dumb to me :/ (I seemed to have dropped it after episode 9) I am guessing by your response if I hated the big twist and found that all stupid then I likely won't enjoy the rest of it?

I was enjoying the series up until that part... a few more episodes after the big twist... but just couldn't enjoy it anymore as it just felt dumb to me :/ (I seemed to have dropped it after episode 9) I am guessing by your response if I hated the big twist and found that all stupid then I likely won't enjoy the rest of it?

Well it only gets even more stupid (in a good way) so if you weren't liking it before it got to the weaker arc then maybe not.
Worth a try?
SamFlam is kind of hard to gauge interest for.
You could hate the twist then like the later arcs or just never like it at all after the twist

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Mahouka 19

Onii-sama has 9 days to invent nuclear fusion and create a philosophers stone.

Onii-sama is the bes...

What.

I found it hilarious that they just slyly put in the fact that Saegusa is no longer the president and we have the midget girl as the president. Also Miyuki is VP. LOL. This show. Totally skipped the 5th novel. Fuck this shit. We better get OVAs.

zulux21

Well it only gets even more stupid (in a good way) so if you weren't liking it before it got to the weaker arc then maybe not.
Worth a try?

I've been hoping it would get an english dub someday to finish it as a background show, but that seems unlikely....
and if I am going to sit down and force myself to watch subtitled only anime that I am not enjoying it would have to be Gintama for another 10-15 eps...

Cowboy Bebop getting retailer exclusive releases.

16:06:29 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Cowboy Bebop
16:06:30 <bay|Ota|FUNi> December 2014
16:06:34 <bay|Ota|FUNi> DVD standard edition
16:06:37 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Bluray standard edition
16:07:04 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Amazon Exclusive BD/DVD premium edition
16:06:52 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Funimation.com exclusive premium edition
16:07:12 <bay|Ota|FUNi> two premium editions will feature different packaging and premium items
16:07:44 <bay|Ota|FUNi> more details to be announced later

Clov

Hey Woofington, it's your lucky day! Cowboy Bebop BDs are coming this December. Two different premium editions, one at Amazon, one at Funimation's store.

Edit: Beaten by a minute!

Deadly

I found it hilarious that they just slyly put in the fact that Saegusa is no longer the president and we have the midget girl as the president. Also Miyuki is VP. LOL. This show. Totally skipped the 5th novel. Fuck this shit. We better get OVAs.
Yeah really disappointed about that :(

zulux21

Yeah really disappointed about that :(

alright I am to lazy to read the 5th novel so spoil me... what all did they end up skipping, as it didn't seem like that much was skipped in the anime, just a bit abrupt... oh she is the VP now... when did that happen for me.

zulux21

Haruhi? God damn.

please please please funimation release season 1 and 2 in a single package in chronological order so I can finally have a release that has all the episodes in the correct order @_@

also it will be nice to finally own the last disk of lucky star lol.

Clov

This is a joke right.

Nope.

16:10:31 <bay|Ota|FUNi> And a big announcement for us...
16:10:40 <bay|Ota|FUNi> it's an older series... a few older series
16:10:44 <bay|Ota|FUNi> and few newer ones
16:12:19 <bay|Ota|FUNi> (All Kadokawa)
16:11:30 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Haruhi Season 1 and Season 2, Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san
16:11:36 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Lucky Star and OVA
16:11:11 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Strike Witches Movie
16:11:16 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Steins; Gate: movie

Articalys

please please please funimation release season 1 and 2 in a single package in chronological order so I can finally have a release that has all the episodes in the correct order @_@

also it will be nice to finally own the last disk of lucky star lol.
Wrong.

lol, this is embarassing, I don't know why but I got her confused with Ryoko Shiraishi, that did Himeko my kansai-ben goddess. Sorry Zach.
She has a similar sort of er, infliction (?) to the way she talks but she is not to be mistaken for the one and only goddess. Also joke's on you, Shiraishi voices Hikage!

EDIT: My reading comprehension is bad, Himeko is someone from somewhere else. Woops!

Nope.

16:10:31 <bay|Ota|FUNi> And a big announcement for us...
16:10:40 <bay|Ota|FUNi> it's an older series... a few older series
16:10:44 <bay|Ota|FUNi> and few newer ones
16:12:19 <bay|Ota|FUNi> (All Kadokawa)
16:11:30 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Haruhi Season 1 and Season 2, Haruhi-chan and Churuya-san
16:11:36 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Lucky Star and OVA
16:11:11 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Strike Witches Movie
16:11:16 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Steins; Gate: movie

A definite buy. Also have they given a release date for these announcements.

_hekk05

Banned
Dammit Mahouka skipping over vol 5. Was especially looking forward to Friendship, Trust, and the Dubious Lolicon chapter

Fujoshi in denial is best girl of Barakamon. Second best is mom who needs reasons to cook

TUSR

Banned
Dammit Mahouka skipping over vol 5. Was especially looking forward to Friendship, Trust, and the Dubious Lolicon chapter

Fujoshi in denial is best girl of Barakamon. Second best is mom who needs reasons to cook

If Mahouka sells well it would be a great fan service OVA from Bluray/DVD sales.

cajunator

Banned
Cowboy Bebop getting retailer exclusive releases.

YESYESYESYESYES
I dont like exclusive releases though. Leave that shit in gaming. It makes no sense to deprive collectors of one item or another unless they buy multiple copies.

Funimation just rescued Haruhi and Lucky Star.

WHAT.

These are still very popular series wit a lot of fanart and discussion.
I still see choco cornets at anime conventions and its mainly due to Lucky Star.
Theres even a Konata figurine cosplaying as shimakaze.

that's a big shame if they didn't get the movie as I was hoping for a cheap release of that as well.

Maybe they couldn't get it in time for Otakon? They did announce the Steins;Gate and Strike Witches movies now after a couple years from the TV-series releases.

Still wondering what's going on with the Sunrise titles. Cowboy Bebop finally has a date, but what of the other series FUNimation and Sentai announced at last year's Otakon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom