• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that this applies to anime/manga fans more often than not.

6a0120a85dcdae970b01538e3ee72e970b-800wi.jpg

Where do Justice and Esdese lie on that?

Akame ga Kill! 06

Worst girl but I can hear her fans riling up a storm as I post this
They adapted this part pretty well. Starting to like this adaptation more and more.
Actually really surprised with the OST on this show.
Should start getting more interesting now!
And bloody!

Sabagebu! 06

33bcda182d.jpg

A true follower of Andreconomics

I've been wondering when a character like this will show up. Was expecting more of a straight man but she seems as nuts as everyone else.
Second half was hilarious.
And the yuri vibes are getting stronger!

Midonin

Why did Captain Earth move to Sundays? I liked having it to watch on my Saturday nights.
I think it has to do with the source CR was getting their videos from. There was a small delay one week and it seems to be sticking. Though I hope it'll revert back to normal soon.

Space Dandy 2 - 06 Bad, maybe one of the worst of the series. I suppose after two good ones it was too much to hope for the streak to continue.

Sabagebu 6 The first part was very weak, and that was 75% of the episode. The yakuza part was amusing and more in line of their normal antics.

Barakamon 6 Decent-ish, not particularly funny this time.

Haikyuu!! 19 Decent-to-good, a slow ramp-up to what it seems it will be their toughest rival.

/XX/

The new Buta Connection twitter account (@ButaGhibli) has been posting transcriptions about the recent interview of Toshio Suzuki at NHK's TV program asaichi (あさイチ) and, apart from confirming Hayao Miyazaki's interest on doing a new animated short, he also highlighted the positive impression Ronia the Robber's Daughter trailer caused in Mr. Miyazaki (he made a "strange face expression, but it seemed like a pleased one to me" says Mr. Suzuki) while admitting how the old director was surprised about nowadays advancements on 3DCGI techniques to create a cel-shaded look. The omnipresent producer talked too about how he convinced Gorō Miyazaki to embark on new projects outside the safeness of Studio Ghibli for his own good, to mature as a director ("later on, he will thank me", Mr. Suzuki confesses).

survivor

Banned
Servant x Service 1-2

I initially didn't watch that cause I didn't feel like going for another Working type of humour but this was average. Some funny scenes, but it's watchable for now. Of course the arrival of imouto in the second episode has weakened my will to marathon the rest of the episodes.

Phatmac

Love the class president during this episode. I really just enjoy everything about this show. It has a ton of comedy with style while having some fun action. The Yakuza end was great. Love this anime.

Akame Ga Kill Episode 6

I really don't understand how anyone can like Justice girl.
She is a psychotic bitch who spits out fake bullshit about justice. Anyways Sheele dies, you will be missed Sheele.

Sabagebu 6
Poor student council pres. Going though all of that and getting shipped with Miou. The Yakuza fight scene was hilarious as well as the last scene

Midonin

Nozaki 06

I don't think this group is ready for something like a doujin circle if they can barely manage a consistent job with their assistant work unaided.

Link Man

Banned
Sheele died because she was an idiot. She just got done saying that an Imperial Arm would be rendered useless if its wielder was killed, and yet instead of chopping Justice Girl's head off, she runs all the way back to the road to chop the beast's arm off.
Tell me how that isn't completely idiotic.

Is Akame ga Kill gud?

To be honest I've read every single chapter and I don't know the answer to that
It's enjoyable if you have the right mindset.
It's certainly fun to witness the shitstorms for some of the chapters, last one is a good example

Sheele died because she was an idiot. She just got done saying that an Imperial Arm would be rendered useless if its wielder was killed, and yet instead of chopping Justice Girl's head off, she runs all the way back to the road to chop the beast's arm off.

The answer is
even if there's a 1% chance your friend could die you gotta save them instead because nakama

Puruzi

Banned

She was an airhead

Now that I think about it, you're right. But I'm still mad that
Sheele had to die
. :(

Eureka Seven episode whichever one where this happens:

EW TALHO WHY. NOT THAT I WAS A FAN OF YOUR OLD OUTFIT, BUT HOLY SHIT.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of that design change either.

It reminded me of that one scene in Tales of the Abyss where
Luke says "goodbye" to his old self by simply cutting his hair. In fact, that's exactly what happened in E7 too.

The difference being a few episodes later I didn't care about it and the show didn't exactly care if I did since it was mostly a side-thing. Unlike in Tales of the Abyss where the game desperately wanted me to care that Luke had changed.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just a quick question since I don't think I've seen you comment on it but are you watching Glasslip from this season?
Yeah, but it's like Kokopops Connect Four in that it's a lot of relationship angst with a slight scifi twist. Which is fine, but there's not much to say about the show other than the fact that they have a step-sibling love square.

Arjuna 2

I guess it says something about me, the anime I watch, and manga I read that I was, initially, annoyed watching this episode. I'm so used to seeing the 'hero' seemingly having little to no fear or already knowing what to do and how to use their new powers/abilities that it's something I've come to expect nowadays, when, in actuality, that really shouldn't be the case, at least not as often.

comma

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode after I realized that this is just a kid thrown into this situation. The hint of how the creatures came to be is interesting, though something I've seen elsewhere (not saying that's a bad thing). The only low point I can think of is the CG, but I guess that can be excused since this is an older series. Also, I wonder what this filth is that wheels is talking about. He sounded pretty rude.

cajunator

Banned
Arjuna 2

I guess it says something about me, the anime I watch, and manga I read that I was, initially, annoyed watching this episode. I'm so used to seeing the 'hero' seemingly having little to no fear or already knowing what to do and how to use their new powers/abilities that it's something I've come to expect nowadays, when, in actuality, that really shouldn't be the case, at least not as often.

comma

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode after I realized that this is just a kid thrown into this situation. The hint of how the creatures came to be is interesting, though something I've seen elsewhere (not saying that's a bad thing). The only low point I can think of us the CG, but I guess that can be excused since this is an older series. Also, I wonder what this filth is that wheels is taking about. He sounded pretty rude.

Yesssssssss
This show will teach you the fallacies of humanity and hamburgers...and other things.
Let the mountain teach you!

Clov

god I sometimes forget how much I hate j-pop and idol music. Every anime should just be jazz/funk and funny death metal. Brynhyldr OP 2, where art thou?

Not that I hate jazz and funk, but really, no thanks.

If I want to see more of any kind of music in anime, it would have to be the sort of ambient music Mushishi has. That's mostly because I want more anime like Mushishi in general, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom