• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
No Game No Life

SmgtvFt.gif

QYtrjmT.gif

What an awesome show! Chock full of references, charisma, and actual smart protagonists!
Once you look past the awkward fanservice it's a very fun and thrilling ride.

Hoping season two comes quickly.

zulux21

Nisekoi

Why does this show get so much hate?

Its kinda fun

Ah nisekoi gets hate around here? I would have figured it would have been decently liked since I didn't mind it despite it's main female lol.

oh well seems my views are just destined to be not the norm here :p

Holly's boss fight was way too annoying. Shinobu had the 2nd best boss fight in both games (#1 obviously being Henry).

There are people who like Sylvia?

And Holly's wasn't as annoying as Bad Girls
Why did I play through those games on Bitter?

Henry's fight was great. Perfect way to end the game. NMH1 was such an awesome game. NMH2 had some improvements gameplay-wise, but I still prefer the first. It was a much funnier, better written game. 2 definitely had its moments though, like
Destroyman coming back as two people

NMH1 is definitely better written but NMH2 I think I was liking better until the shitty final boss. Henry he is not.
Also the fact you can't select to play as Shinobu or Henry..
And completely removing the overworld instead of trying to fix it's problems..

Would buy a NMH3 day one though and I'm not even a huge Suda 51 fan

Clov

Holly's boss fight was way too annoying. Shinobu had the 2nd best boss fight in both games (#1 obviously being Henry).

Henry's fight was great. Perfect way to end the game. NMH1 was such an awesome game. NMH2 had some improvements gameplay-wise, but I still prefer the first. It was a much funnier, better written game. 2 definitely had its moments though, like

Fox318

So far all of the girls have had episodes to shine.

I wish this had an injury excuse like so many other Harem series. How could you not remember something so important?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The gag is that your ass is still reading it.

The joke's on them because I already dropped it. :p

I don't really find it bad, just boring really.

For real though they should adapt Jitsu was Watashii wa for an actual fun, new harem series.

jbug617

Banned
No Game No Life

What an awesome show! Chock full of references, charisma, and actual smart protagonists!
Once you look past the awkward fanservice it's a very fun and thrilling ride.

Hoping season two comes quickly.

I have the same feeling watching certain shows and then you realize that 2nd season is always guaranteed.

All the girls are good in NMH except Sylvia.
And Speed Buster but Sylvia is worse.

Best gotta be between Shinobu, Holly, Margaret and Alice.

But what really matters is who has the best boss theme and that's def Margaret

Reaper Reaper, that's what people call me~

I put my head down in shame when I had to kill her :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare

She was still the hottest girl in NMH. If you were basing a commission on the ease of the boss fight you should have asked for Speed Buster. lol

zulux21

I have the same feeling watching certain shows and then you realize that 2nd season is always guaranteed.

Ever since Nana started advertising the anime as season one basically confirming a second season and it never came (because the author got sick and is to lazy to start again/ unwilling to let someone else draw the story for her) I never trust there will be another season for a show until it is officially announced :/

I will forever hope for a second season of skip beat :(

Branduil

Nisekoi only exists to exploit its audience. The trappings of real narrative fiction are nominally present, but only as a lure for the unsuspecting. The author has no interest in actually telling a story, quite the opposite.

Nisekoi is the nadir of the already putrescent harem genre pioneered by Akamatsu and other contemporaneous hacks. It is the moral equivalent of EA's Dungeon Keeper.

I want a No More Heroes anime so bad.
I know the repertoire games - > anime have
Bayonetta Bloody Fate is a fresh wound
but still come on not even the Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly OVA they were talking about all those years ago

madp

The Light of El Cantare
but still come on not even the Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly OVA they were talking about all those years ago

An adult magical girl series with Okama character designs was too good to exist.

e: the "OVA" was just that fake OP you could watch on your TV in Desperate Struggle.

Clov

It would be neat, but it wouldn't really work. I think NMH's story (at least the first one) is really focused on making fun of video games and gaming culture. It does some of this through its gameplay too; remember the long level that's literally a corridor, that leads to a long anticlimactic cutscene? I don't know if stuff like that could transfer between mediums so well.

Jarmel

Banned
There are people who like Sylvia?

I'm sure there are some nutjobs out there.

Would buy a NMH3 day one though and I'm not even a huge Suda 51 fan

Oh yea Kozaki mentioned that nobody has contacted him regarding NMH3 and considering what Suda did to his Lily stuff, I wouldn't be holding out hope. :(

Fucking Suda.

The first game definitely was better written just for the subversion stuff like Jeanne's backstory and the ending with Henry. They really fucked up the ending for NMH2 which left a sour taste(bitter if you will) in people's mouths. I didn't have as much frustration with him but he's easily the worst boss in both games which sucks shit as a final boss. Alice would have been a good final boss. Problem was that if they went the Henry route again, it would have felt like NMH1 redux. That said, they should have come up with something better considering all the other boss fights in NMH2 were much better than that.

All the girls are good in NMH except Sylvia.
And Speed Buster but Sylvia is worse.

Best gotta be between Shinobu, Holly, Margaret and Alice.

But what really matters is who has the best boss theme and that's def Margaret

Hated Maragart's boss fight but boy was that music awesome.

She was still the hottest girl in NMH. If you were basing a commission on the ease of the boss fight you should have asked for Speed Buster. lol

The hottest girl was obviously Jeanne. Hands down and ass up.

It would be neat, but it wouldn't really work. I think NMH's story (at least the first one) is really focused on making fun of video games and gaming culture. It does some of this through its gameplay too; remember the long level that's literally a corridor, that leads to a long anticlimactic cutscene? I don't know if stuff like that could transfer between mediums so well.

Yeah you're right, far more so with NMH1.

Still want that OVA though

Suda51 is the Akiyuki Shinbou of gaming.

Pretty good comparison actually

Jarmel

Banned
Suda51 is the Akiyuki Shinbou of gaming.

That's giving him way too much credit. At least Shinbou 'directs' quality projects for the most part. After NMH2 (which had serious issues), the games Suda has 'directed' has gone way down in quality.

I will note that I've liked all of GHM games except Killer is Dead(still haven't finished it) though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nisekoi only exists to exploit its audience. The trappings of real narrative fiction are nominally present, but only as a lure for the unsuspecting. The author has no interest in actually telling a story, quite the opposite.

Nisekoi is the nadir of the already putrescent harem genre pioneered by Akamatsu and other contemporaneous hacks. It is the moral equivalent of EA's Dungeon Keeper.

Is your gripe merely based on the fact that its never going to end and that new characters keep getting introduced? I really don't get it.

Because that would make a lot of mangaka hacks. Like seriously a lot of them. You have series where people stay on boats for years or boxing series with as little development as possible on every level even though its been going on for 25 years with no real end in sight.

Which is logical. Its hard to make something successful. You want to ride it out as long as you can because chances are you won't get back there with something new. It's why the "big 3" still exist in 2014, you string out your audience for as long of a ride as they're willing to go.

Crocodile

image.php

I'm not disagreeing, I've never seen/watched Nisekoi and I have no interest in doing so. I just think your new (I guess a week old now) avatar is awesome and goes well with many of your posts :) :p

zulux21

Which is logical. Its hard to make something successful. You want to ride it out as long as you can because chances are you won't get back there with something new. It's why the "big 3" still exist in 2014, you string out your audience for as long of a ride as they're willing to go.

but people shouldn't aim to ride it out as long as possible, they should instead aim to take the Toriyama route. Create something so popular that nearly 20 years since you ended the series it keeps making you piles of money :p

note: I wear my avatar for a reason (though most people don't seem to realize what it is without me posting something like this lol... It helps that the character it is was only in that form for a very short time.... it also works better on other forums when I can have it animated and laughing :p), I tend to post a number of smart ass posts that are jokes but if you don't know me they can come off as me being serious >.>; It's why I use a lot of emotes to show if I am being serious or not. If I am not using any I am usually being serious, if there is a ton then I am likely really messing around... if there is just some there is likely some truth to what I am saying with misleading info everywhere lol

madp

The Light of El Cantare
That's giving him way too much credit. At least Shinbou 'directs' quality projects for the most part. After NMH2 (which had serious issues), the games Suda has 'directed' has gone way down in quality.

I will note that I've liked all of GHM games except Killer is Dead(still haven't finished it) though.

I'd argue that SHAFT hasn't produced a good show since Madoka Magica so the timeframe of decline in quality is similar to GHM. Essentially, they're both directors known for producing eccentric, low-budget works in their respective mediums who became absentee landlords that slap their names on projects they're only minimally creatively involved in after achieving a modicum of name recognition.

I haven't played Lollipop Chainsaw or Killer is Dead, though, so GHM could have had a return to form in the last 2-3 years. The ease with which Lily Bergamo was jettisoned in favor of whatever that western-style freemium trash we saw at E3 is leaves me skeptical, though.

Thoraxes

I love haremshits and I love kugyuus.

I need them, and I need more of them.

Osananajimi and tsunderes are almost always the best girls.

zulux21

Is that it? Sounds pretty easy.

actually thinking about it... it might really be the Hasegawa route. I mean the guy has been dead for over 20 years and his creation is still often the number 1 rated anime in japan each week and is still on going o_O;

while we are on the topic of chitoge being best girl, we all know shes going to win

I figure that is a given, it's a harem manga and she is the main character.... that is usually how it ends up :p

minor niseoki manga spoiler (well at least a manga only name drop)
I am personally hoping for a surprise Haru upset :p

Thoraxes

I'd argue that SHAFT hasn't produced a good show since Madoka Magica so the timeframe of decline in quality is similar to GHM. Essentially, they're both directors known for producing eccentric, low-budget works in their respective mediums who became absentee landlords that slap their names on projects they're only minimally creatively involved in after achieving a modicum of name recognition.

I haven't played Lollipop Chainsaw or Killer is Dead, though, so GHM could have had a return to form in the last 2-3 years. The ease with which Lily Bergamo was trashed in favor of whatever that western-style freemium trash we saw at E3 is leaves me skeptical, though.
I'd argue Nisekoi and Monogatari S2 were well produced.

Mekaku was poor even by their standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom