• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Certainly not the worst I'm watching. I'd just call it an average teen soap. Not that I'm sure I know what is worst given I drop stuff I'm not enjoying. I guess maybe Invaders or Railwars or Locodols.
Yeah, I meant worst for me, of what I'm still watching. Rail Wars made it one episode before being promptly dropped off a cliff.

Glasslip's problems come half from the completely average and uninteresting story, and half from what seems to be a lack of production values for everything except the backgrounds. I think the odd gratuitous use of random freeze-frame shots has been pointed out before.

But then every week I reach the end of the episode and get KATACHI NO NAI and everything's a bit better.

cajunator

Banned
Nisekoi

Why does this show get so much hate?

Its kinda fun

Its liked well enough here. Just spawns heated waifu wars.

Holly's boss fight was way too annoying. Shinobu had the 2nd best boss fight in both games (#1 obviously being Henry).

I love Margarets the best.
I love Margeret the most period. Gothic lolita cutie sniper assassin. Hnnnnngh!

No Game No Life

SmgtvFt.gif

QYtrjmT.gif

What an awesome show! Chock full of references, charisma, and actual smart protagonists!
Once you look past the awkward fanservice it's a very fun and thrilling ride.

Hoping season two comes quickly.

indeed this show was a very pleasant surprise!

Kosaki Onodera > Marika Tachibana > Ruri Miyamoto > Seishirou Tsugumi > Chitoge Kirisaki

at least in regards to the anime.
My rankings are a bit different for the girls in the manga

Tsugumi is too low otherwise great ranking!

I want a No More Heroes anime so bad.
I know the repertoire games - > anime have
Bayonetta Bloody Fate is a fresh wound
but still come on not even the Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly OVA they were talking about all those years ago

Man Id so kickstart this.

Suda51 is the Akiyuki Shinbou of gaming.

Hmm. Thats pretty fitting actually!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Certainly not the worst I'm watching. I'd just call it an average teen soap. Not that I'm sure I know what is worst given I drop stuff I'm not enjoying. I guess maybe Invaders or Railwars or Locodols.
No way is Locodols the worst of the season. No way.

Link Man

Banned
Awwwwwwww yesssssss!

Getting into the meat and potatos of After Story. Tomoya grows up so much here. I love it. What even better is that the show actually progresses
into his life after high school (getting a job, etc)
which is so rare to see in an anime.
Yeah, and it shows that adjusting to a real job is actually hard work, not some grand wacky adventure like some shows would portray it. I guess the closest point for comparison I have right now (for anime, at least), would be Watamote.

Superflat

No way is Locodols the worst of the season. No way.

Locodol is legit, son.

Don't get Glasslip being the worst either, unless you specifically really hate "school life drama" shows. PA Works has owned that genre for a while now.

Articalys

Locodol is legit, son.

Don't get Glasslip being the worst either, unless you specifically really hate "school life drama" shows. PA Works has owned that genre for a while now.
I guess I should clarify it as "least interesting for me of the 12 new shows from this season that I'm watching", so it's kind of a narrow superlative. Though that still doesn't excuse the stupid drama or the lazy animation. I enjoyed Hanasaku Iroha and more or less enjoyed Tari Tari, though I skipped over Nagi no Asukara, so I don't know what the general reception to that one was.

duckroll

Is anyone still watching Captain Earth? The OT is pretty dead. It's just Andrew in there and I didn't even bother to post impressions for last week's episode. :(

T_T

Articalys

Is anyone still watching Captain Earth? The OT is pretty dead. It's just Andrew in there and I didn't even bother to post impressions for last week's episode. :(

T_T
Yeah, but I didn't get around to the latest episode today. Will have to wait until tomorrow.

I still like the characters and the mecha but the story's been dragging moreso than not. I put my faith in Enokido and was betrayed.

CorvoSol

T_T

I stopped watching it around episode 13 or so. It just . . . wasn't very entertaining. The Designer's Children arc felt simultaneously aimless and tedious to me. The two main villains were more grating than compelling (I mean really, if HAL 3000 and GladOS's love child is the most interesting villain in the show, you have a problem) and the main cast themselves didn't feel particularly meaningful to me anyway.

Episodes went by without mech fights, and I think they laid into the jargon a bit too heavily to boot.

The thirteen episodes of Captain Earth I saw weren't bad, they just didn't really entertain me.

Thoraxes

T_T

I am.

It's just kinda meh.

It doesn't even have the light nostalgia to rely on like E7 AO did to make me want to watch it every week.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

T_T

Dropped if after two episode because I knew it was going to be rock stupid.

The real problem with Ano Hana is that it's heavily diluted Okada. If you're going to binge on sappy melodrama and characters who act like drama vampires, why not go for the pure stuff? Watch Black Rock Shooter TV and thank me later.

It's pretentious because it thinks we can be moved by the nostalgia of teenagers.

Ano Hana is the most pretentious anime in years.

I don't know. I don't think that's the definition of pretentious. Usually means "a work that pretends to be High Art" (and it isn't, it doesn't reach that level).

Ano Hana can be a bad teenager melodrama... but that doesn't mean pretentiousness.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Duckroll is never actually disappointed by BONES productions, no matter how bad they are.

No masochism involved whatsoever.

Jarmel

Banned
Haikyuu-19

Too good. Oh lawd that ending.

I never thought I would be enjoying volleyball anywhere near as much as I am.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Super Moon Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 27:

Ah yes, the single episode love interests, one of the most reliable wastes of time for a plotline I encounter. Really, it boils down to an asking for an emotional investment that you know isn't going to see a proper payoff, but I guess they got to fill the space somehow. That being said seeing Ami get any attention in the matters of love is a very rare sight in of itself and since it was one the level of a one way crush, it was actually a bit compelling. That being said this was a dead average episode with little in the way to make it stand out.
Also, I will never get used to seeing Mamoru and Rei being a couple, this is just too odd on too many levels.
I will also say that this arc has consistently had the worst monster designs the show has seen yet, right out of the bargain basement of the Power Rangers thus far. Anyway, the story advances a little since we more or less have a progress bar on things now. Still, this is an episode you can take or leave.

Well I finished FMA Brotherhood.

Wow, that was great. The story was incredible, extremely well written, and thrilling. I found it amazing that there were so many characters and yet they all felt very well developed. The ending was great and all plot points were handled perfectly. Thanks to everyone who recommended it.

Is Fullmetal Alchemist completely unrelated, in terms of plot? Or is it a prequel?

Rhapsody

Banned
Well I finished FMA Brotherhood.

Wow, that was great. The story was incredible, extremely well written, and thrilling. I found it amazing that there were so many characters and yet they all felt very well developed. The ending was great and all plot points were handled perfectly. Thanks to everyone who recommended it.

Is Fullmetal Alchemist completely unrelated, in terms of plot? Or is it a prequel?

It's the first adaptation of the manga. Follows the story somewhat for a bit and then deviates to its own story because of the manga not being done.

fertygo

Kuroshitsuji - Book of Circus - 05

Plot thickening, damn this arc sure intriguing.. and I like so far the antagonist group look very capable, I'm pleasantly surprised the antagonist actually ended up one-upping Ciel and Sebastiian in this episode.

Also I got even more confused to what Doll's gender supposed to be.

Nordicus

BTW, people who hate tsundere characters should probably read Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru.
I think everyone should read it, but I don't deny that people who hate tsundere would enjoy it better. I certainly waited forever for a series to put emphasis on tsundere being mentally ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom