• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not as good as the mango because they need to stretch out scenes to fill the time.

4 panel strips work only because they are very tightly paced, and some of that efficiency gets lost in translation.

I actually enjoy them more because of this. Maybe I'm just weird in that 4komas can rarely hold my interest for more than a few minutes at a time, and I like anime adaptations of them much better.

Is it bad that in 2014, I still didn't really know what the term tsundere meant until now? I've seen the word before, but never bothered to just Google it. Hell, all I had to do was type the letters 'ts' and Google auto completed the rest.

I'm going to go with taiga from Toradora... as she is at least ok (after the first few eps)... while most tsudere females are horrible and deserve to be locked up for being dangers to society :/

Have you seen Kokoro Connect or Gintama. Taiga doesn't even come close.

Lets talk about tsunderes

I only really like few tsunderes.

Hana, girl from Steins Gate, and Takao.

Is it bad that in 2014, I still didn't really know what the term tsundere meant until now? I've seen the word before, but never bothered to just Google it. Hell, all I had to do was type the letters 'ts' and Google auto completed the rest.

Bad depending on how much slice of life/comedy anime you've seen I guess. There's usually a tsundere character in anything with a lot of girls in the cast, especially slice of life or comedies.

Basically they're the ones that act mean to a male but are actually very sweet under the mask. If you've ever seen us type something like "I-it's not like I X with/because of you idiot!" that's basically it. They can't admit their true intentions so they tend to pretend like they have to do it because they're forced to.

zulux21

Tsundere: A term used to define one of the two worst female types in anime. Typically violent, with brain damage, and usually attempts to murder males for merely being with in 50 feet of them whether they have a reason to or not. The only competition they have in anime for instantly being a crappy character is with a Moe character.... a character also who features brain damage, typically heavy brain damage to the point where they can't form complete sentences without either falling over or adding made up words to them.

Have you seen Kokoro Connect or Gintama. Taiga doesn't even come close.

I've seen most of kokoro connect, all the girls suck in the show (all have horrible personalities and I wouldn't want to interact with any of them.... Iori Nagase is the most tolerable )... as for gintama I have seen 20 eps, but I haven't met the character that was mentioned earlier.

Tsundere: A term used to define one of the two worst female types in anime. Typically violent, with brain damage, and usually attempts to murder males for merely being with in 50 feet of them whether they have a reason to or not. The only competition they have in anime for instantly being a crappy character is with a Moe character.... a character also who features brain damage, typically heavy brain damage to the point where they can't form complete sentences without either falling over or adding made up words to them.

I've seen most of kokoro connect, all the girls suck in the show (all have horrible personalities)... as for gintama I have seen 20 eps, but I haven't met the character that was mentioned earlier.

I respect your opinion, but I heavily disagree.

Angelic Layer Ep. 8

I suppose this was an acceptable (but far from perfect) way to address sexism in a series aimed at children. Even if it made me cringe. Misaki's passivity is starting to become irksome, however.

Edit: Some odd credits for this episode. Written by the head writer of Love Hina and the director has been series director for a number of ecchi shows but also Boogiepop Phantom among other things.

zulux21

No I agree on that most Tsundere's are terrible. I just didn't agree on the comment about Kokoro Connect.

Ah, to be fair I didn't hate what I watched of kokoro, my main issue is most of the drama in it is from the females and in general it just feels so forced for the sake of drama after a while that instead of feeling pity for any females I just started going... oh get over it already you are being dumb with them >.>

Jarmel

Banned
So can you guys figure out who this is?
i4cS4khKpcUdV.jpg

Zulux I thought that I was here as the bad guy with the opposing opinion (when it came to cute girl shit in anime specifically), but you and firewhatever are just going to town in having completely counter current opinions on almost everything. I wish you luck man. I wish you luck.

Ah, to be fair I didn't hate what I watched of kokoro, my main issue is most of the drama in it is from the females and in general it just feels so forced for the sake of drama after a while that instead of feeling pity for any females I just started going... oh get over it already you are being dumb with them >.>

Yeah I understand that but you just can't help it, their teenagers.

zulux21

Zulux I thought that I was here as the bad guy with the opposing opinion (when it came to cute girl shit in anime specifically), but you and firewhatever are just going to town in having completely counter current opinions on almost everything. I wish you luck man. I wish you luck.

Heh, it shouldn't be to bad. While I am often vocal about my dislike of things, I try not to dismiss other people's feelings towards things, nor directly insult anyone (aka never feel that just because I absolutely hate a character that I feel you are wrong or stupid to l like them.). I also learned long ago that it's not worth the effort trying to convince someone they are wrong... so I will often just drop a converstation if I feel it's devolved into basically an argument trying to convince each other that the other is right. I do love in general discussing anime though. My favorite thing about humanity is always that personalities can be so different, and that the same show watched by two different people can have vastly different reactions from those people. I find it interesting to see both sides.

To be fair I knew from the start this thread was in general Moe friendly (or at least the more active members tend to be) this isn't my first trip to the anime thread. I tried posting in here regularly about 2 years ago, but alas you guys are to active and back then I didn't have green text to tell me when someone responded so it became to much work to hold conversationalist with people on here so I stopped coming around. Recently I remembered the anime thread and that I can see when people respond to me thanks to the threads for sailor moon crystal and aldnoah zero thus I came back here. I will likely stick around this time as it's fun to talk about something you are passionate about... and given I watch at least 50 anime series a year (often series I don't like) it shouldn't be surprising I am passionate about anime.

Well I'd disagree with his definition.

Now yandere, that's the type I always dislike. Mostly due to their murderous intent.

That's fair, I mean my definition really only covered the tsun part thus it would be an improper definition anyway. A properly developed tsundere character can in fact be interesting, but alas they are often so shallowly done and so cliche anymore that watching the first 30 seconds of a scene I can pause, write out the rest of the scene, and have 90% of the scene correct :/

So you don't like Tsukuyo from Gintama or Inaban from Kokoro Connect hmmm.

I do understand that most Tsundere's are terrible, but there are a few exceptions.

It's more like I'm too lazy to think up the exceptions. And chances are, a good few would be males.

Yeah, the discussion of pretentiousness was better than this. -_- Damn you, KirbYuuYuu.

This is something I regret for once. Starting this topic.

It takes real skill to roll all of the last few pages of topics into one small post.

I'm looked down upon in this thread, but deep down they know who the real OG is.

Nowadays everybody wants to talk like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips just a bunch of gibberish and motherfuckers act like they forgot about Woof.

IT'S PIKACHU!

I find it funny that the guy with the icanhazcheeseburger avatar made this really old joke. Poetic.

zulux21

That just makes me sad.

To be fair there is only so much English anime that comes out a year. Thus I only have so many choices when I am doing something like playing Magic 2015 (or any other casual or not intensive game), or reading manga (as long as the manga doesn't have a super complex plot) to watch at the same time.

I mean, I didn't like date a live, at the same time I didn't absolutely hate it and couldn't stand it. Thus I watched it all the way through while reading ranma 1/2. Watamote on the other hand I got to about episode 6 and then finally gave up. Booby Warriors (senran or something like that... I don't bother to remember the real name) I only made it through the first episode before dropping lol.

If the show is in japanese and I don't like it I just drop it. If it gets dubbed later I will likely give another chance like I did watamote, unless it's something on the level of queens blade where I knew after 6 minutes that it was not a show for me.

Syrinx

Aria: The Natural 18

Alicia is the mentor Aika deserves, but Akira is the mentor she needs. She's the only one who can keep the fire in her belly lit and steer her on the right track when she gets complacent or misguided.

There were some pretty funny moments in this episode. Everybody staring at Aika after she had her hair burned off was good. Also laughed at Alice's "I'm sorry we suck" comment.

zulux21

BTW, people who hate tsundere characters should probably read Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru.

*looks it up*
man.... I am likely either going to find it rather amusing or hate it with a passion.... I don't think there will be any chance for a middle ground given the setting lol.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
If Yuusuke Kozaki actually was at Otakon and Jarmel commissioned a sketch from him, shame on him for choosing Shinobu over Holly Summers.

Pretentious discussion basically boils down to hime-samas and tsunderes. They are the deconstruction of pretentiousness if you will.

MlhSTfz.jpg

I'm looked down upon in this thread, but deep down they know who the real OG is.

Nowadays everybody wants to talk like they got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move their lips just a bunch of gibberish and motherfuckers act like they forgot about Woof.

ny8AerS.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
If Yuusuke Kozaki actually was at Otakon and Jarmel commissioned a sketch from him, shame on him for choosing Shinobu over Holly Summers.

Holly's boss fight was way too annoying. Shinobu had the 2nd best boss fight in both games (#1 obviously being Henry).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom