• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

OK for the bath , but only if everyone keep their phone outside . i have some secrets that must be kept secret (???).

You expect Anime-Gaf to actually talk to each others? We'll only be conversing via IRC, this thread, or group text.

No Game No Life 12

Whelp, that finale went in a direction I didn't expect. I hope another season gets made.

mankoto

Sabagebu 6
I probably would've laughed if it weren't for those hospital visit parts.

First it was the thing with Ghibli, now it's Robin Williams... My childhood is disappearing piece by piece.

Sailor Moon 27

Transformations before the break? What is this?

Pretty decent episode, this is also the first time we've finally had all 4 Sailor Senshi fight together which was nice to see, need more of this.

I can't believe Robin Williams is dead. ;_;

I may not have watched so many movies starring him back in the day, although when I did, I loved every single one of them. He was always such a joy to listen to and watch.

If he actually did end up voicing Gendo Ikari in Evangelion I probably would have watched it.

/XX/

Man, that bums me out. I would have loved to hear that.
This really seems like a missed opportunity.
Man that sucks.
Look, guys, I don't remember seeing at the time the post that the very same Carl Horn made days later on that same thread were he retracted said confirmation, so sorry for the actually inaccurate information on my previous post... but at least what he says is also of great interest:

Thanks to everyone who attended the aptly-named "Evangelion: The Endless Debate" panel. I apologize if I promoted a misunderstanding, but I'm not sure that Robin Williams ever auditioned for Evangelion per se. What I do believe to be true is that he lent his voice (for Fuyutsuki, not Gendo) to a demo dub of Episode 1 as a favor to an acquaintance who was trying to break into audio post-production. This was, I believe, around 1996 or 1997. It's not clear to me whether either Williams or the acquaintance were actually trying to get involved in Evangelion--it may have been simply that Eva was being used as the demo because it was something new with buzz at the time. It would explain how Robin Williams came to know about the series, however.
http://forum.evageeks.org/post/245031/Evangelion-The-Endless-Debate-Fanime-2009-Panel/#245031

Anything else is unconfirmed, but rumours still strongly suggest that Mr. Williams was interested in participating on the dubbing process for the first Rebuild of Evangelion film.

You expect Anime-Gaf to actually talk to each others? We'll only be conversing via IRC, this thread, or group text.

No Game No Life 12

Whelp, that finale went in a direction I didn't expect. I hope another season gets made.

I have various evidence that some members of animegaf did meet IRL several times ( I can't confirm the bath )...So it's possible.

ABOUT NGNL
About the finale , it's a mean cliffanger designed to sell the latest book. Book 3 ( where they ended the story ) ended without the explanation nor the cliffanger. None of it is filler , but several events that will happen LATER.
Book 3 ends like this :
-Creation of the elkia federation ( same events as the anime )
-Hatsuse Ino & Steph go back to the elkia capital to create this ( and deal with the aftermath of the paperwork needed including with the opposition from humanity and the warbeast tribes )
-Sora and shiro explore the city while earning a outragous reputation as godlike masseurs and stay at izuna home
-Miko and "blank" choose to deal with the issues ( details of the federation ) with games ( 1 per day )
As you can see they could have done a ok end with those events but hey they had to make people BUY the books so they speeded up something that happens MUCH MORE LATER.

Clov

Look, guys, I don't remember seeing at the time the post that the very same Carl Horn made days later on that same thread were he retracted said confirmation, so sorry for the actually inaccurate information on my previous post... but at least what he says is also of great interest:

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/245031/Evangelion-The-Endless-Debate-Fanime-2009-Panel/#245031

Anything else is unconfirmed, but rumours still strongly suggest that Mr. Williams was interested in participating on the dubbing process for the first Rebuild of Evangelion film.

Ah, I see now. I wouldn't mind seeing that demo dub. Hearing him in Eva would be pretty amazing.

TUSR

Banned
Im a quarter of the way through Hyouka and realized I will never be able to watch this again for the first time.

Cwarrior

Challenger spent a ton of time focusing on other characters that weren't named Ippo. The first series was *all* about that and more. At least that's one reason why I could see someone preferring the first season compared to the rest.

These are also solid reasons, though I would disagree that happened for New Challenger. But I'll fully agree on that point for Rising. Man, that final punch from the final episode of Rising is one of my favorite moment from that series. Someone toss up that gif!

For you
rib_raper_by_aims773-d7cb5wb.gif

Overall am huge fan of all three seasons it's hard to pick for me they've all managed to blow me away or floor me on several occasions.

For example the akoi vs imae fight season 3 was the most funniest episodes of anime I've seen in my life while being super epic at the same time and trust me I almost never find anime funny in the least.

Also the out of left field fishing episode was amazing in every way.

Yeah pretty much akoi fights, fishing episode, coach saga was some the greatest moments with in the series.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

http://forum.evageeks.org/post/24503...-Panel/#245031

Ah, still... if you owned the rights to the US release and you know that Williams is a fan/wanted to be in the movie... why wouldn't you bend over backwards to make it happen if only for the publicity? Oh well.

Man the guy hadn't been in anything recently that I've seen outside of that Zelda 3DS ad, but I feel horrible for Zelda and the rest of the family my heart goes out to them.

mankoto

Captain Earth 19
Wasn't so bad. Hana miraculously saves the day by
becoming one with Blume.
Halfway expected Daichi to do what he did last episode though.

Honestly one of the things that bothers me the most about New Challenger and Rising (well mainly Rising) outside of a mediocre OST is that... they remove a large portion of the build up prior towards the fights. So no hilarious things like GET DAT OXYGEN IN YOUR BLOOD SON moments could happen.

Sailor Moon 28

Sailor Moon called the team together when a monster appeared? I think I may have to go ly down

Good episode over all, though the preview for next weeks is really...weird

Apparently Trails in the Sky has a two OVA series (Each 40 mins). This means that I have to finish the game so I can watch the OVA's and be utterly disappointed in how rushed everything was. Oh the joys of being a cynical nerd.

Articalys

Oh, so for some reason, Crunchyroll is starting to do OP/ED translations again for at least Hanayamata. Wonder what triggered that.

Articalys

Getting the rights to the lyrics, which is a separate thing from the rest of the show.
Well, yes, but I mean are they constantly trying to do that for every show? And what made avex (I think, in this case) want to give them up for just this series?

The last time I can honestly recall OP/ED subtitles from Crunchyroll was with... Kids on the Slope? Admittedly I skip over them for a good number of shows once I've seen them the first time, so I might not notice if they started mid-series for anything else.

Midonin

The last time I can honestly recall OP/ED subtitles from Crunchyroll was with... Kids on the Slope, I think.
They've always translated the lyrics for Love Live, though that may be because everything in that show is performed by μ's, so it's easier to obtain.

Articalys

They've always translated the lyrics for Love Live, though that may be because everything in that show is performed by μ's, so it's easier to obtain.
Yeah, that one probably skipped my mind since they subbed all the songs in that show anyway so it all blended together.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if whatever NISA went through to get the soundtrack CD factored into that.

Non Non Biyori

Glad I went back to this show. Just calm and comfy all around. Nice watch with episodes that flew by.

I still got to watch the OVA and there's a S2 in the works, happy there will be more to Nyanpassu to come.

Translation for Walk Like an Egyptian please.

I'm still waiting on the full version...

Mature

So I've finished watching the Patlabor OVAs! They were a lot of fun, actually; a great mix of action and comedy. Some episodes were sillier than others (like the sea monster episode) but I was having fun watching it no matter the episode's tone. That opening theme is so catchy too! Now I'll be rewatching the movies, for the first time in a few years. I wonder if I'll like them even better having seen the OVA?
Context to the characters is really nice for the movies. Have you seen the TV series?

Articalys

Okay, so my main problem with Captain Earth is that they have fun characters, mech fights that range from decent to great, and a couple interesting story arcs going on, but absolutely no idea how to actually tie it all together into a cohesive show.

Narag

Okay, so my main problem with Captain Earth is that they have fun characters, mech fights that range from decent to great, and a couple interesting story arcs going on, but absolutely no idea how to actually tie it all together into a cohesive show.

enokidooooooooo

Mature

Sounds a bit like Star Driver! I don't have any problem experiencing the Enokido/Igarashi team up shows via MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom