• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

It's just a teaser/character introduction promo. One that has more animation will come out soon. Also, I'm looking forward to it. That's my problem with this fall. There's so many shows I want to watch that some of them keep slipping my mind.

Articalys

Sounds a bit like Star Driver! I don't have any problem experiencing the Enokido/Igarashi team up shows via MAD.
In all fairness, I dropped Star Driver around episode 18 but marathoned the rest of it later. It was probably more entertaining that way.

Puruzi

Banned
I was hoping for trigger's new show to have style and not look generic, but i'm still probably going to watch it anyway.

zulux21

It's just a teaser/character introduction promo. One that has more animation will come out soon. Also, I'm looking forward to it. That's my problem with this fall. There's so many shows I want to watch that some of them keep slipping my mind.

I already dislike this girl
ca24edd8c6.jpg

>.>;

Quasar

Is it worth at least trying a couple of episodes then, or should I just not bother?

I think it is given I found it hilarious at first. I just think the same kinds of gags surrounding the MC's violent streak wore out its welcome for me fast, and an episode making fun of eating disorders rubbed me the wrong way.

Articalys

I think it is given I found it hilarious at first. I just think the same kinds of gags surrounding the MC's violent streak wore out its welcome for me fast, and an episode making fun of eating disorders rubbed me the wrong way.
Well, maybe after the season's over I'll take a look. I've probably got enough to deal with for the time being.

Mature

I haven't. Heard it's a different continuity. Is it good?
It's very good! People are probably getting tired of hearing me suggest it so often, but I definitely enjoyed watching the TV series followed by the movies. The fact that the continuity is different means very little, honestly. The only notable thing that's different is the introduction of the characters. The heart and soul of the characters remains the same. The Oshii boarded episodes of the series are not only must-sees for Patlabor fans, but fans of Oshii and anime in generally. They're really remarkable. Watch it!

Looks better than KLK.
Yikes!

Forever dreaming of a Satsuki spin-off show with just her and the elite four doing cool things.
The elite four weren't particularly interesting to me either. Very one dimensional and forgettable.

I already dislike this girl

>.>;

The PV is already telling me that she's going to be some ditzy and/or airhead character mixed with klutz then put in an oven for enough time to get a half-baked character we've seen a million times. But we also have the delicious cup of spoiled milk that is most likely the tsundere red hair girl and the rotten bag of most likely club/student council president black haired kuudere president tea. And to top it off we have the loli which I have no food analogy for because no matter what you say the fact you'd compare a little kid to food would be arrest-worthy in Britain.

edit: speaking of guest passes quote to get'em while they're hot

fertygo

Okay, so my main problem with Captain Earth is that they have fun characters, mech fights that range from decent to great, and a couple interesting story arcs going on, but absolutely no idea how to actually tie it all together into a cohesive show.

Sounds like Diebuster.

Although I disagree with your harassment.

sonicmj1

Wait a second, the LN's Wikipedia and MAL entry don't have "Harem" listed under the genre heading.

There may still be hope.

The cast's gender balance doesn't make me hopeful, but my understanding of the plot from what I looked up when the anime adaptation was announced is that a bunch of chuuni kids get superpowers, but they have nothing to do with them. Hijinks ensue.

It's a premise that could probably lend itself to a lot of fun visual gags if the team gives a shit, but I feel like most of the company's energy is headed towards its other projects, so it'll probably be mediocre.

Articalys

Sounds like Diebuster.

Although I disagree with your harassment.
Well, I wasn't trying to harass the show or anything... I just think that with a bit more planning they could have fit all the pieces they've got going into something that flowed a bit better, that's all.

fertygo

Well, I wasn't trying to harass the show or anything... I just think that with a bit more planning they could have fit all the pieces they've got going into something that flowed a bit better, that's all.

True, the show is all over the place but I''ll argue the pieces isn't that interesting too with at first place.. its very lifeless.
Looks like haremshit, and I read the synopsis. That guy is dark flame master! Seems like this is going to be poo. Will watch to confirm this.

Looks like something that Dresden would post!

zulux21

But Ryuko did both those things!

at least in the first 6 episodes ryuko was fine.... she spent her time picking fights and cleaning up she who must not be named's stupidity.

heck I think my top three least favorite females in anime are (in no order)
she who must not be named from kill la kill
bitch mcbitch face violent chick from working
cheeky bitch face from cheeky angel

>.>;

I dislike plenty of females in anime, I actively hate those three @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom