• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Oh boy, if you hate Mako then just never come back to Kill la Kill, he prominence does not drop at the series goes onwards.

sonicmj1

Actually, about the harem question:

iA1wxEnTqsZxZ.jpg

Superpowers x Daily Life
A new kind of romantic comedy

Probably harem.

mankoto

Blade Dance 5

The harem grows as well as potentially the 4th party member for their team. They'll need one more after this to have a full team.

62590.png

This guy has a weird design... Or at least tattoos

zulux21

Oh boy, if you hate Mako then just never come back to Kill la Kill, he prominence does not drop at the series goes onwards.

so you are saying if I felt that the episode where she who must not be named and her family rose to power was one of the stupidest things I saw last year in anime then I shouldn't continue watching kill la kill at a later time :/

that's a shame, I was hoping for some good over the top action if I ignored their horrible attempt at a story :/

Hamatora Re. 6
I seriously can't wait for someone to actually kill Art. I was honestly sad in the first season when he died, but with how he is now, screw-em
STOP KILLING MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS. First Gasquet, now Murasaki. Why Murasaki, Why did you have to die?! :'(

jgminto

so you are saying if I felt that the episode where she who must not be named and her family rose to power was one of the stupidest things I saw last year in anime then I shouldn't continue watching kill la kill at a later time :/

that's a shame, I was hoping for some good over the top action if I ignored their horrible attempt at a story :/

Ha! Good one!

Articalys

True, the show is all over the place but I''ll argue the pieces isn't that interesting too with at first place.. its very lifeless.
That's kind of a natural consequence of the show trying to spread itself too thin across too many different plot points. It's especially why most of the character relationships feel so artificial.

5? Why would we watch the worst season of The Wire?

People kept telling me season 2 was the worst, and I enjoyed it enough (annoying skinny dick showing guy aside). Shame to hear there's a season liked even less. But I'll finish this off so I can properly rank my favorite dramas. Then it's off to the Shield again for what would be the last show among the 'great tv dramas' I haven't seen. At least that really matter.

Quasar

So speaking of anime romantic comedies, rewatching some bits of Amagami, got me wondering...the arcs that never got turned into anime (such as with Hibiki and Maya) are they summarised anywhere online? I'd kind of like to be spoiled on them given we aren't going to see them animated.

sonicmj1

So basically Saito-kun wa Chounouryokusha Rashii?

Actually, that description covers a lot of things.

Pretty similar, down to the male lead having the most useless ability of everyone in the superpower club.

I'm just glad that they changed the earlier incoherent English translation of the light novel's title, which was INOU-Battle in the Usually Daze.

Thank you, Tatemoto (I assume).

Actually, about the harem question:

Superpowers x Daily Life
A new kind of romantic comedy

Probably harem.

You-but I-why-would-you-

DAMN IT.

The premise of this LN really could not have just been about these kids kicking ass and being an awesome team with their superpowers rather than creating such hilarious harem hijinks with them?

Quasar

Is there a way to change the resolution of the video on crunchyroll chromecast?

Not really. It I think uses the same resolution as the client you start it on which I assume gets dynamically adjusted depending on bandwidth.

And I don't think say the iOS or Android clients have those kinds of controls.

I guess the only option is with tab casting where you could select say the 480p stream on the CR site. But even there I'm not sure you have control of the stream going from your PC to the Chromecast.

What is the easiest legal way to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion? How do the movies work, 1.11, 2.22, 3.33? I don't mind buying them either but it doesn't seem there is Bluray version and I also don't see it on Crunchyroll (my sub lapsed though so maybe I just can't see it)

TUSR

Banned
What is the easiest legal way to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion? How do the movies work, 1.11, 2.22, 3.33? I don't mind buying them either but it doesn't seem there is Bluray version and I also don't see it on Crunchyroll (my sub lapsed though so maybe I just can't see it)

TV series -> EoE (End of Evangelion)

Watch the Rebuilds (1.11, 2.22, 3.33) later but consider them a different entity.

Mature

Watch the TV series first and foremost. However that may be (I don't believe there's a convenient option).

CorvoSol

Watch the TV Series and the End of Evangelion.

Don't watch ReBuild.

If you do watch ReBuild, don't watch 3.0.

People kept telling me season 2 was the worst, and I enjoyed it enough (annoying skinny dick showing guy aside). Shame to hear there's a season liked even less. But I'll finish this off so I can properly rank my favorite dramas. Then it's off to the Shield again for what would be the last show among the 'great tv dramas' I haven't seen. At least that really matter.

Fool you really need to see Person Of Interest. Hype man hype.

jbug617

Banned

There are blurays of the movies out.

1.11- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030ZOYHC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

2.22- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004EC5IUW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

3.33 (preorder)- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GS1DM2S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I don't think there are any legal streams for the show though and the DVDs are OOP (crazy over priced now)

TV series -> EoE (End of Evangelion)

Watch the Rebuilds (1.11, 2.22, 3.33) later but consider them a different entity.

Watch the TV series first and foremost. However that may be (I don't believe there's a convenient option).
Yeah, what these two said. And if you're still into the series, watch the movies. They go in a completely new direction at a certain point.
End of movie 2, all of movie 3

Psycho-Pass 2

The fact that important stuff was happening in the first episode definitely softened the blow of the exposition, and here the show doesn't really have that crutch to lean on. The conversations do a poor job of disguising themselves as something other than simple explanations of the characters and the world, but what's worse is that none of it feels like something new; we learned Akane was top of her class and all that in the very last episode, and here we get not one but two lengthy conversations dedicated to establishing this even further. I also found it amusing that Kogami started giving speeches and dropping backstory as soon as he woke up from his hospital bed.

I did like the world-building, at least. It's nice to get a glance at the base of operations and just how futuristic everything is (though I must say I prefer Blade Runner slums to the gleaming buildings and jellyfish mascots.) Akane's internal conflict makes sense, but it's a little hard to get invested in that sort of thing only two episodes in with a character who frankly verges on annoying sometimes; she feels incompetent even when the show does its best to convince us otherwise.

I also have to wonder about the Psycho-Pass system itself. Akane just comes out and says that the rape victim having her crime coefficient raised was only temporary, yet it seemed like everyone else was convinced she should be shot on sight. If Akane can just present that justification like it's no big revelation, why is the attitude the other characters had treated like an ordinary thing? I feel like the show took a U-turn on its own perception of this system.

Fool you really need to see Person Of Interest. Hype man hype.

there's no legal streaming service for it. Don't think it was on xfinity, netflix, amazon prime. And I refuse to get Hulu plus so even if it is there, fuck that. Same reason I still haven't watched Arrow season 2. I need my dumb fun tv too. Regardless after this week I gotta catch up on Sons of Anarchy' latest season before the last one starts up, and also finish trails in the sky. It's gonna be a long time in the mancave. Seems like I'll have to push off haibane renmei and the other 2 backlog shows I was gonna watch. I already give anime a priority regardless.

there's no legal streaming service for it. Don't think it was on xfinity, netflix, amazon prime. And I refuse to get Hulu plus so even if it is there, fuck that. Same reason I still haven't watched Arrow season 2. I need my dumb fun tv too. Regardless after this week I gotta catch up on Sons of Anarchy' latest season before the last one starts up, and also finish trails in the sky. It's gonna be a long time in the mancave. Seems like I'll have to push off haibane renmei and the other 2 backlog shows I was gonna watch. I already give anime a priority regardless.
I don't know how long the episodes stay up, but I watched Arrow season 2 with the CW app. You gotta deal with commercials, though.

Mokoi

Banned

Watch rebuild first just like I did. It's what all the cool chaps are doing. Also I don't think there are any legal options for streaming unfortunately.

I don't know how long the episodes stay up, but I watched Arrow season 2 with the CW app. You gotta deal with commercials, though.

I'd like to make a "this is America we X" joke, but sadly enough this is the country where if I want to watch an (American) football match I need to reserve 4 fucking hours of my day. This is why futbol is so efficient. 105 (not counting OT) minutes. You're done.

Quasar

there's no legal streaming service for it. Don't think it was on xfinity, netflix, amazon prime. And I refuse to get Hulu plus so even if it is there, fuck that. Same reason I still haven't watched Arrow season 2.

I would have said the CW site/app. But that looks like all it has is the last 6 episodes.

sonicmj1

Psycho-Pass 2

I also have to wonder about the Psycho-Pass system itself. Akane just comes out and says that the rape victim having her crime coefficient raised was only temporary, yet it seemed like everyone else was convinced she should be shot on sight. If Akane can just present that justification like it's no big revelation, why is the attitude the other characters had treated like an ordinary thing? I feel like the show took a U-turn on its own perception of this system.

The idea of properly addressing a Psycho Hazard, and what that implies about the proper role of an Inspector, would have been a really interesting one to run with. But it's not one the show has any interest in tackling.

Quasar

I'd like to make a "this is America we X" joke, but sadly enough this is the country where if I want to watch an (American) football match I need to reserve 4 fucking hours of my day. This is why futbol is so efficient. 105 (not counting OT) minutes. You're done.

Well yeah the stop and go nature of gridiron is somewhat amusing to us foreigners. I'm not going to point fingers at game durations though given my love of test cricket.

The idea of properly addressing a Psycho Hazard, and what that implies about the proper role of an Inspector, would have been a really interesting one to run with. But it's not one the show has any interest in tackling.

............................................but that seems like the first question that anyone would ever ask about this. what the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom