• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midonin

Marimite 11-13 + Final Thoughts

The continuation and clarification of Sei and Shiori's past was nicely enjoyable, but it was the episodes that followed it that I enjoyed a little more. The show definitely became a little more serialized towards the end, all in the name of that buildup towards Yumi and Sachiko's first date. While I can't say it's one of my favorites yet - I've only seen a fraction of the material, after all - it's pretty good. The atmosphere is placid without becoming sleep-inducing, the characters are cute and have some depth and multiple facets of their personality, and the school politics feel like it's influenced by the characters instead of influencing them. Extremely heavy on the emotions, and so by design. The white team, the yellow team and the red team all got stories of their own, so I don't feel anybody was left out. Even Shizuka came back to play a role in Shimako's story at the end.

I enjoyed it. Solid show.

Jex

As for FMA being a completely different adaption... I both agree and disagree. indeed the start isn't a straight up adaption, but at the same time it is more just a well planned out series that went for the alternate ending route that you are trying to exclude from the very start (with the no alternate endings). It's well done, and well thought out but that is what it really is... just an adaption that didn't have enough source material that went for the alternate ending instead of a to be continued route... which the list can go on and on for series that have went the alternate ending route and had garbage routes because they didn't plan things out well.

I can't quite agree here. While it the first FMA certainly takes a lot from the original manga it wasn't simply a strait adaptation with a new ending glued on. It was changed from the very beginning of the series, with a number of completely original scenes being added right from the start. There's a significant amount of new material littered throughout the show, not just in the last third.

Sabagebu - 06

I was wondering when they would start to introduce more characters to keep things fresh and holy hell did i NOT see this episode coming.
Student concil président was excellent.
Sabagebu%21%20-%2006.jpg
I like how nobody understand that the survival club greatest strenght is that the members betray each other every day. Bringing chaos to a chaotic state was bound to do nothing.

What's the difference going to be between the Amazon version of the Bebop BD and the standard?

It doesn't really matter, I bought it anyway.

There's supposedly also going to be a Funimation store version of the LE. I swear if the packaging is better I'll throw a fit.

As to the difference, nothing is announced but I assume it'll be a limited/fancier packaging, some extras like drawings or some crap, maybe music. Point is it's mine. It's finally mine. The blu-ray I've been waiting for ever so long.

My precious.

Sabagebu - 06

I was wondering when they would start to introduce more characters to keep things fresh and holy hell did i NOT see this episode coming.
Student concil président was excellent.

I like how nobody understand that the survival club greatest strenght is that the members betray each other every day. Bringing chaos to a chaotic state was bound to do nothing.

I don't like this aspect of the show because nobody learns from it. So it just feels old after the first time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Do you yanks really all dress badly in high school? Like all your high school based productions don't have normal dressed people. This is why school uniform is better.

Do you yanks really all dress badly in high school? Like all your high school based productions don't have normal dressed people. This is why school uniform is better.

Cool kids and hot girls bother dressing up all fancy and fashionable. Most people would wear their boring clothing to school and leave their fancier stuff for weekends. I tried to be fancy by wearing scarves on cold weather. So fashionable.

It's actually quite impressive how bad you guys' music tastes are. The song is what contributes to, like, half of the OP/ED. I just watched all the Brotherhood OPs and EDs and the songs are all unanimously below average to awful. Some even dared to use rap verses! Listen to Crystal Kay's Motherland. Now that's a proper vocalist.

At least they're pretty to look at.

So pretentious though!

Holy fuck I loved that song. And today I learned that band also made my favorite Naruto one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ6A6GC_ki4

But man they have no sense of rock n roll style baby. They look like a couple of guys that came out of math class to play music. You don't need to dress up as as ridiculously stupid idol but at least wear some leather jackets or something.

Bro thats one of my favourite naruto songs as well.

Was this posted by anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgLfMtH_i4

Kyoani hid 700 odd animation frames of Haruhi around Japan for fans to find and it's now been put into a clean video. I wish they'd do more with those characters ;;
Kadokawa. Kadokawa. Kadokawa. This was a Newtype/Sankyo combination advertisement ploy. Kyoto Animation had nothing to do with the project outside of new animation for about 2-4 minutes total in the actual game.

Posted before I think.

Still cool.

I can't be certain but that looks like CG.
It's CG from Sankyo.

It's actually quite impressive how bad you guys' music tastes are. The song is what contributes to, like, half of the OP/ED. I just watched all the Brotherhood OPs and EDs and the songs are all unanimously below average to awful. Some even dared to use rap verses! Listen to Crystal Kay's Motherland. Now that's a proper vocalist.

At least they're pretty to look at.

You know, there's a way to convey that same message without being so inflammatory lol

Bro thats one of my favourite naruto songs as well.
Let's just get married already. Right here. You and me.

StayDead

Kadokawa. Kadokawa. Kadokawa. This was a Newtype/Sankyo combination advertisement ploy. Kyoto Animation had nothing to do with the project outside of new animation for about 2-4 minutes total in the actual game.

It's CG from Sankyo.

Ah my mistake, I just assumed it was KyoAni. Part of me still pines for a season 3 of Haruhi although I don't think it'll ever happen after what happened with Aya Hirano leaving being a seiyuu after her fanbase turned on her.

I don't like this aspect of the show because nobody learns from it. So it just feels old after the first time.

Actually i find it part of the appeal. The show is not there to teach kids about the value of friendship , but to roll over everything with the added escuse of survival games.
Everyone is well aware that when the club activities are over , all is forgiven

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
FMA B had better openings overall though FMA had the best opening of the series with Rewrite.

Holy fuck I loved that song. And today I learned that band also made my favorite Naruto one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ6A6GC_ki4

But man they have no sense of rock n roll style baby. They look like a couple of guys that came out of math class to play music. You don't need to dress up as as ridiculously stupid idol but at least wear some leather jackets or something.

Asian Kungfu Generation dabest!

Ah my mistake, I just assumed it was KyoAni. Part of me still pines for a season 3 of Haruhi although I don't think it'll ever happen after what happened with Aya Hirano leaving being a seiyuu after her fanbase turned on her.

That's an utterly bullshit theory put out because people trusted Sankaku Complex to be a reliable news source. It's more to do with Kadokawa Shoten (not to be confused with the other Kadokawa publishing companies/labels) wanting their video division to promote titles with ongoing content instead of taking a chance on a franchise which saw its second series drop immensely compared to the first (nearly 100k per disc for S1 unlike the Oricon #s). Hirano and the overblown reaction to her has nothing to do with it.

i......actually have trouble telling Rewrite and that Naruto song apart sometimes

So what happened with Hirano anyway? I remember hearing bits and pieces of the stuff but not a full blown summary.
In 2011 she switched to a new agency/label from her prior one. Later that year pictures of her and a guy in intimate settings got leaked. 2ch posters either got pissed or pretended to be pissed and broke some Haruhi figures/tore up novels (people do fake that for attention). Sankaku notices this and posts about it due to their anti-Hirano status. People believe them and start said rumor. No one refutes it for about 2 years when it's already viral and in the heads of casual fans. Hirano gets new roles, people ignore that and ask what has she done lately. She continues to go on dramas/variety shows/CM to break out of just being a seiyuu. People don't notice because everyone's so focused on 2D and only 2D.

sankaku xomplex a reliable news source... such a good joke

The only reason I ever visit the site is to read how they twist their click bait articles with tiny grains of truth into complete jokes of stories.

This was back in 2011 when people were just starting to figure that out. This was the biggest thing they were able to convince people. It's still prevalent to this day as evidenced earlier.

zulux21

This was back in 2011 when people were just starting to figure that out. This was the biggest thing they were able to convince people. It's still prevalent to this day as evidenced earlier.

I suppose, but I have still be laughing at that joke since at least 2009 (as I know I knew of that site in college but I can't remember how much before I left college)

I still don't get how people could ever take that site seriously given they have always been the type to post click bait titles on their articles.

plus it's amusing that it's still prevalent given that she is still doing voice work.

zulux21

I dunno witch one is worse. This one or The Us one piece saban version ?

Both songs are horrible....the question is : the worse one is ?

the naruto one is worse...
that one piece opening is better than at least 50% of all anime openings... it's one of the few ok things 4kids did to one piece :p

also before anyone assumes I don't like the original opening
is one of my old mmo sigs (either for domo or luna... I can't remember which)... I used to have an avatar that also went...
we are
we are
on the cruise....
we are...

that was timed to the opening so it would get stuck in your head looking at it but I can't seem to find that :p

Mr.Jeff

Marimite 11-13 + Final Thoughts
<snip>
I enjoyed it. Solid show.
Nice little round up. It's a great little series. A bit drawn to overblown drama but I still enjoy it. Personally, the third series is a highlight as I feel the longer OVA format suits the adaptation better. I've yet to finish series 4 however.

New Challenger had the best Takamura fight, and Rising had the incredible backstory of the coach.
I can't comment about the Coach fight but I'll agree that the Takamura fight is great. The second series wasn't bad per se as it still had some good fights but it felt missing something. Not to mention everything becoming so shiny in comparison.

fertygo

I can't comment about the Coach fight but I'll agree that the Takamura fight is great. The second series wasn't bad per se as it still had some good fights but it felt missing something. Not to mention everything becoming so shiny in comparison.

Well, yes, the directing and OST is worse in each new season but like Necrovex said there still great part, and the flashback is maybe the best thing came out from the series.

Necrovex

Challenger spent a ton of time focusing on other characters that weren't named Ippo. The first series was *all* about that and more. At least that's one reason why I could see someone preferring the first season compared to the rest.

Well, yes, the directing and OST is worse in each new season but like Necrovex said there still great part, and the flashback is maybe the best thing came out from the series.

These are also solid reasons, though I would disagree that happened for New Challenger. But I'll fully agree on that point for Rising. Man, that final punch from the final episode of Rising is one of my favorite moment from that series. Someone toss up that gif!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom