• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are looking at 3 different seasons
season 1 fmp complete series
season 1.5/spin off fumoffu
and season 2 second raid.

while I enjoyed FMP quite a bit it's not for everyone... it's often not enough of a mech show for mech fans, and not enough of a comedy for comedy fans, you have to enjoy both in order to truly enjoy FMP.

I like both genres, though I think in this case I'm looking for more of a mech show. I'll check out the first season and see how it goes.

zulux21

I like both genres, though I think in this case I'm looking for more of a mech show. I'll check out the first season and see how it goes.

the first season has some mech stuff and some comedy it's the season that goes between the two the most.
fumofuu has almost no mech stuff (is nearly pure comedy and any scenes involving a mech are typically there for comedic purposes)
second raid has little comedy and is actually rather dark at times. (you shouldn't watch second raid without the first season though.... fumofuu on the other hand is optional but it's one of the better comedy series in anime IMO)

Is there anything interesting related to anime going on at PAX besides cosplay?
Nothing at all, unless tangentally related. We love fine booth might sell some things. RBWY might sell some things. Aside from that it's about visiting anime places while you're in Seattle, like the international district. Not PAX itself.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm sad that Fumoffu just didn't click with me. But I should give it a rewatch.

I was just salty and wanted more mecha action after how S1 ended lol

zulux21

if you go into fumoffu expecting mech action like season 1 you will hate it...
if you go into fumoffu expecting a random comedy you will likely enjoy it.

Heck half the time when I introduce people to FMP I just go.

Sagura is a military solider for a secret organization thrown into school as a mission, chidori is a person he has to guard. GO

and have them watch Fumofuu first since it's so different from the other seasons and you really only need to know the basics of their situation to enjoy it.

cajunator

Banned

Fumoffu really is just a parody of the show. It was the first FMP series I actually watched and my interest in it later spread to watching the first and second seasons of the regular show thanks to Corvy. I enjoyed both of them a lot.

[IM]http://i.imgur.com/6Czhw2E.jpg[/IMG]

There must be something wrong with me as the thing I'm focusing on in the comic is how awkward that punch is. How does one punch a cheek with an upward movement and have the body of the punched reach in that way? Who throws a punch like that and doesn't aim for the chin or nose? The world must know.

Rhapsody

Banned
if you go into fumoffu expecting mech action like season 1 you will hate it...
if you go into fumoffu expecting a random comedy you will likely enjoy it.

Heck half the time when I introduce people to FMP I just go.

Sagura is a military solider for a secret organization thrown into school as a mission, chidori is a person he has to guard. GO

and have them watch Fumofuu first since it's so different from the other seasons and you really only need to know the basics of their situation to enjoy it.
Yeah. I expected a comedy, but I felt like I rushed through it faster than I should've since I wanted to watch TSR.

It's also fun to watch Sousuke and Chidori's chemistry in dangerous situations (TSR was perhaps too dark though).

I'll do another rewatch of it all eventually, and I'm sure I'll enjoy Fumoffu more this time (not that I hated it).

Joe Molotov

Yes! Precure 5 04-06

QNCNKQ8.gif

O1pudhq.gif
Toei
cqignPb.gif

Ojamajo Doremi - 7

What kind of parent lets their kindergarten-age child go on a train and buy something all by herself? Like, I know she asked Doremi to follow her, but it still feels like there's a hundred ways that kind of thing could go very wrong.

Lol Doremi. So apparently failing the level 9 witch exam is the equivalent to getting a game over in World 1-1 in Super Mario Bros judging from the preview to the next episode.

Clov

Is there any credibility to this?

Actually, there might be. I don't think they're doing the whole dub over, but certain parts may be redone.

The rumor seems to come from a few sources; first is a post by a staff member of Madman Entertainment (who I think is releasing 3.33 in Australia): http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?p=896078#896078

As well as this comment from Funimation on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FUNimation/posts/10152197963498481?comment_id=10152198630093481&offset=0&total_comments=10

Spike Spencer also made a comment that he was doing some "pick-ups" for the movie: http://www.evamonkey.com/funimation-dub-of-evangelion-3-33-still-not-finished/

At least to me, it seems that there were parts of the dub that Khara wasn't happy with, so Funimation is rerecording parts of it. Either that or the holdback period for the BD was made longer for some reason.

Joe Molotov

Yes precure IS NOT a good place to start ... it's a saga that rank BOTTOM on any precure list made by fans

What do you do this to yourself ?

Don't worry, I'm not starting with Yes Precure. I've already seen Fresh, HeartCatch, Smile, Dokidoki, and the first half of HapCha.

This is the same guy who recently made a Top 5 Anime to watch this season list, and included Tokyo Ghoul and Aldnoah Zero over say Zankyo No Terror. Which isn't an amazing show for some, but lord knows it's more competent than either of these.

And I shouldn't even have to mention he included SAO 2 because tsundere broken waifu. I'm salty he also didn't include Nozaki-kun. Burn the witch.

hunter X Hunter Episode 142

Welp
Gotoh died and man did I actually like his character.
I like Hisoka but damn does he like pushing things at time. I like him in some moments and then I hate him in others, this bastard.

This is the same guy who recently made a Top 5 Anime to watch this season list, and included Tokyo Ghoul and Aldnoah Zero over say Zankyo No Terror. Which isn't an amazing show for some, but lord knows it's more competent than either of these.

And I shouldn't even have to mention he included SAO 2 because tsundere broken waifu. I'm salty he also didn't include Nozaki-kun. Burn the witch.

But that's just questionable taste. "It depends on how much you like the action and comedy and plot" doesn't even qualify as criticism. That's describing how a show is evaluated. I literally cannot understand how someone was paid to write that. It doesn't even mean anything.

I would understand why Tokyo Ghoul would be in the top if it had faithfully adapted the manga. Though in this case it didn't so this guy's credibility is insignificant.

Hunter x Hunter - 142

More proof that illumi is an asshole
More proof that Hisoka is a top - tier character
More proof that Hxh is really at the top of his game when it comes to shonen shows.

Hunter x Hunter 142

They did Gotoh's death pretty well. He still didn't deserve that, Togashi.

The Needlemen run like Titans.
I completely forgot about the Seirei group thing.

sonicmj1

But that's just questionable taste. "It depends on how much you like the action and comedy and plot" doesn't even qualify as criticism. That's describing how a show is evaluated. I literally cannot understand how someone was paid to write that. It doesn't even mean anything.

He has bad taste and he is also a bad writer. I don't know why Kotaku pays him for what he writes.

Since I don't like to link to his articles directly, look at R_thanatos's reaction to his praise for Blade and Soul, which quotes the offending piece liberally. It reads like a fifth-grade book report.

Hidamari Sketch - 12 [Finished]

5/10

Just not the show for me. While I warmed up to it some it still remained kinda boring to watch. I mean it's meant to be lighthearted andfor relaxed viewing I guess but still, the cuteness does little to me and while some of the characters may have gone through some character development, it wasn't much and I really didn't care for any of them a lot.

Does this kind of 'cuteness' even work well? If everyone and everything is depicted as cute, then relative to the context of the show, nothing is really cute anymore.

The bits of comedy also never reached me. Watching Hyouka I had many genuine laughs. I don't think that was the case here more than once.

The plot really isn't much to speak off and yeh well, what's left for me? The animation is nice and the shaft shenanigans work well. Soundtrack was alright, too. That's about it though.

He has bad taste and he is also a bad writer. I don't know why Kotaku pays him for what he writes.

Since I don't like to link to his articles directly, look at R_thanatos's reaction to his praise for Blade and Soul, which quotes the offending piece liberally. It reads like a fifth-grade book report.

i stand by everything i've wrote in this comment but i now realise several weeks afterwards that i was angry at what he wrote ( because it made no sense ) and i could have written a must better post if i managed to stay calm.
But hey making people watch bad shows is not something i can forgive . I can understand if blade and soul was divisive but to this day i've never seen someone seriously recommand this anime because that was a mess of the higher quality possible.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hidamari Sketch - 12 [Finished]

5/10

Just not the show for me. While I warmed up to it some it still remained kinda boring to watch. I mean it's meant to be lighthearted andfor relaxed viewing I guess but still, the cuteness does little to me and while some of the characters may have gone through some character development, it wasn't much and I really didn't care for any of them a lot.

Does this kind of 'cuteness' even work well? If everyone and everything is depicted as cute, then relative to the context of the show, nothing is really cute anymore.

The bits of comedy also never reached me. Watching Hyouka I had many genuine laughs. I don't think that was the case here more than once.

The plot really isn't much to speak off and yeh well, what's left for me? The animation is nice and the shaft shenanigans work well. Soundtrack was alright, too. That's about it though.
It's not really a show driven by plot, given that the first season is made up of short stories that are presented out of chronological order. It's just replicating moments of high school life, with a bit of didacticism thrown in via Yuno's end of episode bath moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom