• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psycho Pass 1-9

The show isn't quite terrible, I was expecting worse. I've liked the plot so far, the cases and the characters. The main bad guy seems like just you're average anime bad guy though so that is disappointing. Also the whole hue system is bullshit and doesn't make sense if you just put thought into it. This is the type of anime you through away logic and just look at the pretty colors and banter, however it works for the show so I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

However I will add that the English dub is terrible, pure garbage. Whoever they hired to voice the main character should never dub a anime again and whoever hired her should be fired. She can't act for shit and has no emotional range.

So far not bad but not amazing but good enough to entertain
Cloudy hue/10

I actually watched the dub the other day on Hulu, having watched the whole series proper beforehand, and had to give up at around Ep.5 or 6. I'm still wondering who's idea it was to use a bunch of nobody VA's for this. Yeah the Anime itself is a little nonsensical at times, but the whole thing just seems like it'd be at least a B tier hit in the west if they'd just put forth some effort. Whoever was the voice of Akane never needs to do VA work ever again. Chick has the acting skill of a fucking newt.

mhs004

I actually watched the dub the other day on Hulu, having watched the whole series proper beforehand, and had to give up at around Ep.5 or 6. I'm still wondering who's idea it was to use a bunch of nobody VA's for this. Yeah the Anime itself is a little nonsensical at times, but the whole thing just seems like it'd be at least a B tier hit in the west if they'd just put forth some effort. Whoever was the voice of Akane never needs to do VA work ever again. Chick has the acting skill of a fucking newt.

http://myanimelist.net/people/1550/Kate_Oxley
Bam that's her. Look at that list everyone. If you see any show you like on that list then get ready for disappointment.

Let's play P.T. on the PS4 they said
Let's turn off the lights for more atmosphere and stay silent they said.
Hey it's a work week let's stay until late trying to figure this out they said.

But what the fuck do I do know when I am scared shitless and I have work tomorrow. Thank you Kojima. I need a lighthearted anime to calm myself down. Fuck this world.

Clov

Wow, that really sucks. Forums aren't a democracy though. I wouldn't mess with the owner and expect to get away with it.

Wow, that really sucks. Forums aren't a democracy though. I wouldn't mess with the owner and expect to get away with it.

Unfortunately, having even the smallest of disagreements will get you banned. There's a difference between messing with an owner badly and banning someone for petty reasons.

Clearly having pony avatars mean that you can't discuss the idea of human sexuality.

rCKJBmd.png
Hoot.

jman2050

I should change my avatar to Shepard from Mass Effect, surely that will lend credence to my arguments and make people listen to my every word.

zulux21

I didn't have an issue with her at all... yes she didn't show much emotional range, but I never felt like the character herself had much emotional range. I mean the big thing with the character is
that nothing seems to effect her, and even if some rare thing actually does effect her it isn't for very long. She is almost always stupid calm about things.

Narag

I should change my avatar to Shepard from Mass Effect, surely that will lend credence to my arguments and make people listen to my every word.

Yet I could challenge any claim you make and be believed by simply donning a helghast wearing a beanie avatar.

Mad Bull 34 04 (dub)

lWC55J8.jpg

Best quote this episode-

New York feeds on human misery. Gradually it sucks the life out of us. It's a monster.

Ok, final episode. What sleazy scumball criminal will Sleepy and Daizaburo take on now?
How about no criminal? How about A FUCKING PREDATOR? How about SLEEPY IN A MECHSUIT?

I ain't joking. This is Predator 2. Kind of. The Capricorn killer, only called that because Sleepy likes Dirty Harry a lot but the name still sticks, has the blades, the dreads and the shoulder energy cannon. His head however resembles a Xenomorph, might be why Sleepy fought him with a Loader.

This episode is so goddamn insane. I'm not even gonna talk much about it because you should just go watch it.

I was wrong. Sleepy was no Mike Haggar, he was a Max Payne.

JoeFu

Banned

it wont help, once people dig through your post history they will see you posted in this thread

if you like anime that means you are a pedo or something.

cajunator

Banned
Let's play P.T. on the PS4 they said
Let's turn off the lights for more atmosphere and stay silent they said.
Hey it's a work week let's stay until late trying to figure this out they said.

But what the fuck do I do know when I am scared shitless and I have work tomorrow. Thank you Kojima. I need a lighthearted anime to calm myself down. Fuck this world.

Whats P.T.?

jgminto

You should really add the latest console specific avatar trend to your current avatar if you want to boost your credibility.

Narag

Man I didn't even particularly like Tenumi, nor do I care for bronies, but that is beyond harsh. Tenumi had a thing for questioning mods/policies defiantly around here though, I can't say I'm surprised it eventually happened.

Tenumi was attempting to remedy that defiant side despite the unfortunate flare-up today.

Whats P.T.?

Cajun I love you to death so heed my warning: Do yourself a favor and don't play it/watch videos. It has turned me into a nervous wreck today. There's a particular thing in the game that made me scream my guts out as my friends jumped and then laughed at me.

It is terrifying.
Kojima and Del Toro have brought back horror in the most beautiful way.
. Can't wait for the game.

jgminto

Cajun I love you to death so heed my warning: Do yourself a favor and don't play it/watch videos. It has turned me into a nervous wreck today. There's a particular thing in the game that made me scream my guts out as my friends jumped and then laughed at me.

It is terrifying.

That's not really the type of game caj is into.

cajunator

Banned

It is terrifying.

There is nothing a videogame can do to scare me that my own brain cant conjure up when Im trying to sleep.
horror games are lame potatoes.

789shadow

Banned
NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderaPFFFFFFFFFFFFFF AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no seriously

NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderaPFFFFFFFFFFFFFF AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no seriously

*not hardcore forum posters*

Syrinx

Aria: The Natural 23

Story with the old couple was a good one, and a bit of a return to form after the last few. Very nice scenery with the sunset over the sea and all the colors.

cajunator

Banned
you're a braver man than I. This game is very atmospheric in its horror though, outside of that shit that freaked me out.

Well for example the other night I was at my parents house and I fell asleep on the floor.
Around 4 am I was waking up and I see/feel someone walking by. I was like "hey Dad" but no answer. Went to see who was in the kitchen. Nobody. Checked his room he was still asleep.
Nobody had passed by me.

Syrinx

Well for example the other night I was at my parents house and I fell asleep on the floor.
Around 4 am I was waking up and I see/feel someone walking by. I was like "hey Dad" but no answer. Went to see who was in the kitchen. Nobody. Checked his room he was still asleep.
Nobody had passed by me.
Was it your mom?

Nobody had passed by me.

Paracajun Activity

As much as I am happy for Silent Hill. I'm fuckin stoked for Bloodborne since that's the closest thing we get to Beserk for PS4, in terms of gritty/grimdark atmosphere.

That fuckin scythe tho.

Psycho-Pass 4

I really like the way the investigation at the beginning of this episode hinges on the futuristic elements; they know to investigate because Big Brother says the victim hasn't left his house or done anything about a broken toilet, and they find evidence because the couch's hologram is out of sync.

But nice designs aside, it's a little hard to get invested in something like "the guy using that account online is different!" It's just not all that compelling, and it hinges on some silly coincidences; Akane not only interacted with the first victim's avatar that morning, but she is apparently former classmates with the second? I don't buy it. But all the holo-cosplay being hacked is cool and even if Kogami's "he stared into the abyss!" character development is a little overdone, it's not to the point where it doesn't still work. Might have been my favorite episode so far, actually.

CorvoSol

Mad Bull 34 04 (dub)

lWC55J8.jpg

Best quote this episode-

Ok, final episode. What sleazy scumball criminal will Sleepy and Daizaburo take on now?
How about no criminal? How about A FUCKING PREDATOR? How about SLEEPY IN A MECHSUIT?

I ain't joking. This is Predator 2. Kind of. The Capricorn killer, only called that because Sleepy likes Dirty Harry a lot but the name still sticks, has the blades, the dreads and the shoulder energy cannon. His head however resembles a Xenomorph, might be why Sleepy fought him with a Loader.

This episode is so goddamn insane. I'm not even gonna talk much about it because you should just go watch it.

I was wrong. Sleepy was no Mike Haggar, he was a Max Payne.

I will never apologize for seizing any chance to repost this gif:

iyU0gFKW9A9Ke.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom