• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://a.pomf.se/otevcl.webm

http://a.pomf.se/jdnavw.webm

Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 13

Uomi should give up the onee-chan role to Shino.

She's better off joining Mitsuba as a potential wife candidate.

Iga conquering her fear a little was nice to see.

Just sucks that it had to be flag crusher Tsuda of all people.

Ending was good, if a little disappointing it might not stick.

Would really enjoy watching any OVAs that take part after the graduation.

sonicmj1

i stand by everything i've wrote in this comment but i now realise several weeks afterwards that i was angry at what he wrote ( because it made no sense ) and i could have written a must better post if i managed to stay calm.
But hey making people watch bad shows is not something i can forgive . I can understand if blade and soul was divisive but to this day i've never seen someone seriously recommand this anime because that was a mess of the higher quality possible.

To be clear, I was stating that his article was written like a fifth grade book report. Not only is he recommending a show that (apparently) is terrible, he doesn't even really say what the show does well, if anything. As far as I can tell, he likes Blade and Soul because it doesn't have high school romcom cliches, there are action scenes in every episode, and it has the theme of vengeance.

I could get that information from reading a description on ANN. So what?

It's not persuasive in the least.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't even notice that. First thing I saw was the action POV shows the girl running by her right side , but the overhead shows her running past the left LOL
Whoa. I just assumed that was a different part of the scene and not the same scene replayed from a different angle.

JP74B35.gif

wololoooooooooooo

Sailor Moon Crystal 1-3
Digging the retelling so far, never really watched the series as a kid but I looked forward to this. Also like the older style they are emulating with the animation, though the cg transformations feel a bit soulless.

Honestly Mars is the only reason I even checked it out, completely my first waifu.

Disappointing the "fights" have been one shot kills so far but eh, not like I expected better.

Got to see what I wanted to see in the first three episodes... though I oddly want to watch more... Was singing the theme song all morning even though I fucking hate Morimo Clover Z ugh.

cajunator

Banned
you give them too much credit

Youre right. I apologize!

Hmmm would you say that Hyouka is a either you hate it or love it type of show.

Sorta but Im pretty middle of the road on it. Depends on the arc.

I didn't even notice that. First thing I saw was the action POV shows the girl running by her right side , but the overhead shows her running past the left LOL

The beauty of it is there are A myriad of possible screwups to identify! Have fun pointing them out with friends!

The Twelve Kingdoms

First 13 episodes, awesome!

Then there is a fucking recap episode for mere 13 episodes, then comes the nonsensical small filler arc afterwards... They spent another recap episode on that chapter (which was only 6-7 episode long). WHAT THE FUCK! This is maddening. What was the point of that arc really? They built up the plot and you feel like all that stuff is connected to Youko's story, the climax is surely coming right... at the end they just say "no one knows where they are, they just disappeared after a year", and the show moves on and no one gives a fuck. LAWL

CorvoSol

Hmmm would you say that Hyouka is a either you hate it or love it type of show.

I found myself loving and hating parts of it, so I can see why others would consider it that. I really wasn't a fan of Chitanda at all, and I felt like some of the situations were painfully forced (help Chitanda remember something that happened two hours ago!), but on the other hand, at times it was rather enjoyable, especially the School Festival.

I would not have voted for it for AOTY that year (I don't recall now if I did vote that year), but it was an okay show.

Momo Kyun Sword 6
The idol group episode. Up on the fanservice meter from last but not as bad as the beach episode. Has an insert song that replaces the ED.

Zankyou no Terror 05

Huh, well that engrish was actually pretty good. Can't fault it.

So...
they never intended to kill or harm anyone with these bombs? Could've been established a bit earlier.
Kind of liked seeing the tables turned and Nine get played.

I appreciate trying to give Lisa some moments but she still just kind of seems...there.
This show is getting better I think, or at least maintains a consistent quality.
Doing better then Aldnoah at least

The Twelve Kingdoms

First 13 episodes, awesome!

Then there is a fucking recap episode for mere 13 episodes, then comes the nonsensical small filler arc afterwards... They spent another recap episode on that chapter (which was only 6-7 episode long). WHAT THE FUCK! This is maddening. What was the point of that arc really? They built up the plot and you feel like all that stuff is connected to Youko's story, the climax is surely coming right... at the end they just say "no one knows where they are, they just disappeared after a year", and the show moves on and no one gives a fuck. LAWL
THIS IS NOT A FILLER

The 2nd arc is not a filler it's actually a great way to understand how kirin live and how they define their lives given what their positions are . Fruthermore , the fact that "something happenned" is crucial to the rest of the main plot , including the climax of that arc ( that unfortunatly wasn't adapted on anime but you can still read ).
All the arcs in 12kingdoms have a very clear purpose and the anime has no filler what so ever. , just some changes made for the book to anime adaptation.

i can tell you that the conclusion of that sub plot is magnificent in more way than one It's just a shame that the production commitee didn't adapt those.
heck i'm willing to spoiler this if you want to know how every comes together.

Ojamajo Doremi - 7

What kind of parent lets their kindergarten-age child go on a train and buy something all by herself? Like, I know she asked Doremi to follow her, but it still feels like there's a hundred ways that kind of thing could go very wrong.

Lol Doremi. So apparently failing the level 9 witch exam is the equivalent to getting a game over in World 1-1 in Super Mario Bros judging from the preview to the next episode.
Simply because I was just reading something about this subject:

6. Japanese parents let their kids go out by themselves

Parents in Japan allow their kids a lot of independence after a certain age. It isn't uncommon for 7-year-olds and even 4-year-olds to ride the subway by themselves.

Christine Gross-Loh, author of Parenting Without Borders, lives in Japan for part of each year, and when she's there she lets her kids run errands without her, taking the subway and wandering around town as they may. But she wouldn't dare do the same back in the United States.

"If I let them out on their own like that in the U.S., I wouldn't just get strange looks," she told TED. "Somebody would call Child Protective Services."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20140812

Kansoku

Zankyou no Terror 05

So...
they never intended to kill or harm anyone with these bombs? Could've been established a bit earlier.

Well,
their first bombing, no one got hurt, since everyone left the building because of the blackout. The second one, they made sure the police force wasn't in the building and I think the bomb was high enough to not get the people in the first floor. They never said about any causalities (or lack thereof) in this case, so IDK. Third one, obviously info bomb didn't hurt anyone.
It's kinda there, they just didn't say it explicitly.

mankoto

Ao Haru Ride 6
Futaba finally recognizes her feelings for Kou. Since their the main characters them getting together is inevitable. I kinda feel bad for Yuuri...

Narag

Sengoku Basara Judge End 6

Well now, I might get that Date character piece I'm hoping for after all. Yukimura stuff might turn out well too especially with the ending placing them on opposite sides.

Rest is still kinda jank though as the show attempts to manage an overlarge cast rather than concentrating on a handful. It's a lot like recent Game of Thrones eps I'd seen where characters would appear briefly just to stay in memory of the audience rather than doing anything of actual note.

Gundam-san 6

Possibly the most clever gag yet given how it sources the original material like it does.

zulux21

Ao Haru Ride 6
Futaba finally recognizes her feelings for Kou. Since their the main characters them getting together is inevitable. I kinda feel bad for Yuuri...

given her name Yuuri was always destined for ending up with someone a little less manly anyways :p

More seriously though I am hoping this doesn't turn into a big drama between the two, I want their friendship to remain pure.

Phatmac

RIP Gotoh ;__;
Solid episode of HxH with some interesting developments with the new group rising up for the vote. Wished the fight was longer but I guess it wasn't up to debate as to who'd win. Good stuff.

Mad Bull 34 03 (dub)

jU9rxTK.jpg

Best line from this episode -

When Daizaburo held me close to him as my car exploded it was just the best feeling of my life, I tell you the guy's a real dream

I can see they hired their Chinese voice actors from the same pool as the original Deus Ex. In fact it seemed like the voice acting in general got worse (better?) this episode.

In this episode, a reporter girl pisses off the wrong guy, which makes Sleepy and Daizaburo start protecting her. She also clings onto Daizaburo and says she'll marry him despite Daizaburo and Perrine getting married last episode, guess they forgot.
They also get attacked by assassins who don't care about their own life and commit suicide when they fail even a little tiny bit. They then get really mad about their comrades deaths for some reason despite being super quick to just off themselves.

A girl with extremely sharp fingernails slices a man's throat, then his head pops off. Perrine puts a gun to a nurses head because "a real nurse wouldn't bring in a trolley to take a temperature", which is a good hunch I guess. Assassins on motorcycles pop the tires of a moving van using a chainsaw. Sleepy half lifts a tank, gets shot with a rocket launcher, the tank explodes and he walks it off further confirming my theory he is actually Mike Haggar and gets stronger every episode.

Yep. Best show ever made folks.

mhs004

Psycho Pass 1-9

The show isn't quite terrible, I was expecting worse. I've liked the plot so far, the cases and the characters. The main bad guy seems like just you're average anime bad guy though so that is disappointing. Also the whole hue system is bullshit and doesn't make sense if you just put thought into it. This is the type of anime you through away logic and just look at the pretty colors and banter, however it works for the show so I'm not saying it's a bad thing.

However I will add that the English dub is terrible, pure garbage. Whoever they hired to voice the main character should never dub a anime again and whoever hired her should be fired. She can't act for shit and has no emotional range.

So far not bad but not amazing but good enough to entertain
Cloudy hue/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom