• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Tokyo Ghoul 5-6

7741_original_44178208764352f34ca52a20b9ab06c1.jpg

zulux21

To be fair, Capcom in particular doesn't give a fuck.

:/
the Ace Attorney games are some of my favorite writing in video games. They obviously aren't going for super serious deep story, but they are fun and quite enjoyable to me.... and it's not like I can be playing the game for much else then the story :p

I still need an Ace Attorney anime... (and to finish watching the live action movie)

Note: I won't defend any other series from capcom though lol.

Dresden

I like both of those make me angry for the same and different reason.

But good lord, reminds me that Storytelling is still complete shit in gaming.

I dunno, "I would never violate His Grace's privacy while he violates milady's privates" is pretty much the best piece of writing to ever grace videogames.

zulux21

I dunno, "I would never violate His Grace's privacy while he violates milady's privates" is pretty much the best piece of writing to ever grace videogames.

reading this... I kind of wish the lady's name was grace... then your post would be

"I would never violate His Grace's privacy while he violates Grace's privates" is pretty much the best piece of writing to ever grace videogames"

and that third grace would be even more gracefully used >.>;

.... don't mind me I am just sitting here torn between watching anime, or playing a video game, or just trying to go to bed.... and I am likely getting dumber by the second as more and more stupid things pop into my head..... like... what if capcom decided to cross Ace Attorney with megaman.... "I object Phoenix.... Dr. Light is always Dr. Right."... "that girl is really on a Roll now." .... "he sure is a Wiley defendant" >.>
I'll shut up now ><;

duckroll

All these comparisons to Berserk just show how unimaginative and derivative Japanese "dark fantasy" games based on medieval settings really are!

:/
the Ace Attorney games are some of my favorite writing in video games. They obviously aren't going for super serious deep story, but they are fun and quite enjoyable to me.... and it's not like I can be playing the game for much else then the story :p

I still need an Ace Attorney anime... (and to finish watching the live action movie)

Note: I won't defend any other series from capcom though lol.
The Ace Attorney series is certainly an exception, even if it isn't perfect itself.

All these comparisons to Berserk just show how unimaginative and derivative Japanese "dark fantasy" games based on medieval settings really are!

In Dragon's Dogmas case, the game has tie in from the Berserk movies.
But it still has references thrown in there besides the Griffith/Guts armors.

I dunno, would drakengard be considered dark fantasy?

Those are super creative. Also batshit insane.

I only played Nier but it's pretty insane.

Still less bland than the Elder Scrolls though.

Elder Scrolls is cool, lore is neat. Especially Morrowind.

zulux21

Heh, you just got to love that censorship.

ironically I felt that the censored version of the end of the gourmet fight was more disturbing/violent then the manga version lol. (of course my imagination can be scary :p)

so with Card Captors up on crunchyroll dubbed I was going to watch some of that for the heck of it...
and then the opening started.... :/
I miss this one

Blandness sells.

Morrowind is actually pretty cool as far as environments go.

I've always found the lore in Elder Scrolls games to be one of the best parts, loved reading the books in those games.

Gameplay leaves something to be desired though.

Yeah. It's too bad they forcibly converted Cyrodill into Middle Earth, because that place was meant to be a jungle. Now all we have are forests and snowy vikinglands.

Yes that was disappointing and kind of ruined what was cool about Imperials and Cyrodill.
Skyrim is alright. Not huge on snow environments but the regions far to the north were fun to explore.
Morrowind is still leagues above both.

Dresden

You just have to install about five years' worth of official plug-ins + fifteen different unofficial patches and fixes to make it playable. What's the big fucking deal?

Branduil

You just have to install about five years' worth of official plug-ins + fifteen different unofficial patches and fixes to make it playable. What's the big fucking deal?

And make sure that all the mods and fixes you've installed don't make the game crash any more than is normal for an Elder Scrolls game.

Link Man

Banned
Cardcaptor Sakura 1

Wow, rollerblades. So 90's.

Putting a card that summons a whirlwind on the top of the deck, so that the other cards would all be blown away. Kind of a dick move there.

Wearing skates to battle a beast that creates wind seems like a REALLY BAD IDEA.

And now it's Shadow of the Colossus.

Hmm, makes me think of Pokemon or Yugioh, given the gotta catch 'em all mentality. Hope it can hold my interest.

zulux21

card captors episode 2 dubbed

my childhood is so ruined...
the cards... they are clow sounding like ow I hurt my hand...
not clow... sounding like that was a low blow :/

catchy opening song you have the ow version....

I checked though... the japanese version is the low version....
it's wrong... it must be wrong... ow sounds better...

*goes and sobs in a corner picking up the pieces of broken childhood memories*

cajunator

Banned
Cardcaptor Sakura 1

Wow, rollerblades. So 90's.

Putting a card that summons a whirlwind on the top of the deck, so that the other cards would all be blown away. Kind of a dick move there.

Wearing skates to battle a beast that creates wind seems like a REALLY BAD IDEA.

And now it's Shadow of the Colossus.

Hmm, makes me think of Pokemon or Yugioh, given the gotta catch 'em all mentality. Hope it can hold my interest.

Congrats. You are watching the cutest show of all time.

Nordicus

I've always found the lore in Elder Scrolls games to be one of the best parts, loved reading the books in those games.
I liked how when you meet Vivec and confront him about Nerevar's assassination, he says that you're wrongly pointing fingers and the truth of what really happened is in one of those four scrolls behind him.

I read all of them, and the scroll that was explicitly written from Vivec's perspective, has the assassination completely skipped. Not in an explicit "There's text missing here" sort of way told by the game itself, but it really does read like there's a paragraph missing. One paragraph Nerevar's alive, the next he's already dead. How did Nerevar die? Edited out or Vivec deliberately kept from mentioning the details to the scribe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom