• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Did season one of Natsume ever get a western BluRay release? That shows specialness has me wanting to actually own it, but well...no BluRay, no sale.

Master of Martial Hearts - 1

I decided to watch this on a whim, that was a mistake, but it not terrible one.

It still a really bad mistake, though. The only thing that got me through the episode is the dub, which is actually not bad compared to the rest of the show.

To make up for the fact that they can't animate a fight, a girl's clothes will magically explode with a panning still image, so it looks like "cool" things happen.

I don't even want to get started on the script, which contradicts itself on a number of occasions, and the plot seems in line with most fighting games really.

Just a bore at the end of the day.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's a deconstruction satire of shoujo manga.

Dresden

I like Nozaki kun, but it's just not as funny as the manga. Nor is it as well-made as Love Lab.

Barakamon is pretty inconsistent, as much as I like it. Obamamon > Nozaki kun anime wise.

Master of Martial Hearts - 1

I decided to watch this on a whim, that was a mistake, but it not terrible one.

It still a really bad mistake, though. The only thing that got me through the episode is the dub, which is actually not bad compared to the rest of the show.

To make up for the fact that they can't animate a fight, a girl's clothes will magically explode with a panning still image, so it looks like "cool" things happen.

I don't even want to get started on the script, which contradicts itself on a number of occasions, and the plot seems in line with most fighting games really.

Just a bore at the end of the day.

Listen to me, and listen to me well.
You must persevere. You must see this through. You must witness the ending to this.
Garzey's Wing and Mars of Destruction are NOTHING compared to the last episode of Master of Martial Hearts

Majimoji Rurumo 5
Rurumo being an idiot isn't really redeeming for most of the time in this episode. Maybe when she almost got merged with the tree she was cute. And wow some of these character designs are really awful

fertygo

I like Nozaki kun, but it's just not as funny as the manga. Nor is it as well-made as Love Lab.

Barakamon is pretty inconsistent, as much as I like it. Obamamon > Nozaki kun anime wise.

Eh I kinda feel the opposite, Barakamon is less smooth with the jokes execution.

Also as non-manga reader I wonder how much true the first statement, its not like I gonna laugh as loud again if I'm revisiting same joke in other form.

Quasar

Eh I kinda feel the opposite, Barakamon is less smooth with the jokes execution.

Also as non-manga reader I wonder how much true the first statement, its not like I gonna laugh as loud again if I'm revisiting same joke in other form.

I just find Barakamon sweeter than funny.

As for Nozaki-kun. I prefer the anime over the manga. The acting, etc make it better for me.

Link Man

Banned
Barakamon 4

The show is OK, and is best when focused around the kids. But honestly, I don't feel that it's as great as everybody is making it out to be.

The rotary phone was pretty fun, though.

Branduil

Black Rock Shooter TV 3

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS TEACHER?!

ibpDZknu22PY9e.jpg

Clannad AS 11

Ah, the dreaded "use flat colors to differentiate objects to animate from background".

Adult fun? Not sure I like the sound of that.

And now it's Star Wars.

...is Akio replacing Sunohara as lovable idiot?

I'm reminded of Office Space.

Yoshino's a bro. Yoshibro.

Not a whole lot to say about this episode. Work thing seemed a little forced, but it does make sense.

Ready for the feels train? Choo cho--- *breaks down in tears*

Clannad AS 12

Oh god, this is turning into a senpai/kohai relationship. 8|

Nagisa has improved. She didn't even let Okazaki's deflection faze her.

Yoshino backstory time. Good stuff.

Whoa. Holy shit this went dark real fast.

Dammit, Papa-zaki.

Wow, what a rollercoaster of emotions. And
a proposal
!

Nagisa gets so much better in this part of the story. It's a shame some don't want to see it like that because of how they feel about her by then.

Clannad AS 13

A duel between Akio and Tomoya. This should be fun.

iboGc7PEJIV0j6.gif

I imagine this might get some use.

Okay, that was pretty good. Nice determination on Tomoya's part.

Drunk off of one cup. lol

Oh. My. God. Best scene ever!

So I guess it wasn't just anime hair.

Oh no, here come the feels.

...THEY SKIPPED OVER THE WEDDING?!

Lol nice gif.

Drunk scene is best scene. Hahahaha.

Yeah, but they stated that they
held a private ceremony. So at least we got a mention of it and it wasn't completely skipped over.

Quasar

New aussie free streaming site animelab just dropped 48 episodes of Fairytale on it. Now I know nothing about this show, aside I guess from its fantasy nature. How terrible is it?

Clannad AS 14

Oh, they haven't had the wedding yet.

lol, Akio, Tomoya.

Oh my, the b-word.
I wonder if this means a timeskip is coming soon.

...did this show just reference TTGL?

Holy crap, this "disguise".

Nagisa...she's 'special'.

lol, the parfait.

Wow, Okazaki is becoming oddly conservative and sentimental.

Haha, bakery puns. Oh wait.

i0I57mnPqbFeW.jpg

lol, these facial reactions are incredible.

Dem feels. Akio/Tomoya is a great pair and they play well off each other in funny and serious moments. The disguise is amazing and the personality that goes with it.

The end of the episode is hilarious.

Barakamon 4

The show is OK, and is best when focused around the kids. But honestly, I don't feel that it's as great as everybody is making it out to be.

The rotary phone was pretty fun, though.

It's alright if you see it that way, but for me I feel different. It's just the way how the characters feel realistic and the way they interact together. It also helps that the children are voiced by genuine kids. And it contains some manga/anime references.

This show for me clearly contains a lot of great things that makes it so enjoyable.

zulux21

Whelp. Tossing that series into the garbage bin then. Thanks for the heads up.

But how about the manga?

Edit: Maybe I'll finally watch Kenshin. I read the entirety of the manga (like six or seven years ago), but I have only seen a little of the anime.

kenshin is a fine watch just for the love of all that is holy stop after the second season

shishio

it goes to terrible filler after that

New aussie free streaming site animelab just dropped 48 episodes of Fairytale on it. Now I know nothing about this show, aside I guess from its fantasy nature. How terrible is it?

the first 20 or so episode of fairy tail aren't very good, some parts are alright, most of it just isn't very enjoyable. After that though I feel it's one of the better shonen shows on the air right now. (unlike hunter x hunter, one piece, naruto I can actually stand watching it week by week. One piece and naurto I have to wait for edited versions that cut out the filler, and hunter x hunter I just need to wait for batches due to how slow it started going... the new arc might be better but since it's not supposed to be that long I am just going to let it finish and then marathon it.)

Link Man

Banned
It's alright if you see it that way, but for me I feel different. It's just the way how the characters feel realistic and the way they interact together. It also helps that the children are voiced by genuine kids. And it contains some manga/anime references.

This show for me clearly contains a lot of great things that makes it so enjoyable.

Well, I just feel that it goes too over-the-top wacky for its given setting, if that makes any sense. A lot of the characters seem too extreme, ya know?

Quasar

the first 20 or so episode of fairy tail aren't very good, some parts are alright, most of it just isn't very enjoyable. After that though I feel it's one of the better shonen shows on the air right now. (unlike hunter x hunter, one piece, naruto I can actually stand watching it week by week. One piece and naurto I have to wait for edited versions that cut out the filler, and hunter x hunter I just need to wait for batches due to how slow it started going... the new arc might be better but since it's not supposed to be that long I am just going to let it finish and then marathon it.)

Maybe I will give it a try, even if 'shonen show' is to me what 'harem show' is to others.

zulux21

Why on earth would you spoiler shishio?

because it's a spoiler
in regards to what the second season is about,
while they said they have read the manga and thus would be fine reading the spoiler I try to spoiler anything that is a spoiler even if it is an older show so as not to ruin anything for anyone.

most of the time I am just vague and just hint towards stuff instead of directly talking about anything, but in kenshin's case you need to know exactly when to stop and go watch samurai x.

Maybe I will give it a try, even if 'shonen show' is to me what 'harem show' is to others.

personally I would read through chapter 46 and then pick up the anime at episode 21.

Dresden

Trust & Betrayal can be watched at any point, before, after, during, or even in absence of, the original anime or manga. It's that good. Even those with no interest in RK should watch it.

zulux21

Trust & Betrayal can be watched at any point, before, after, during, or even in absence of, the original anime or manga. It's that good. Even those with no interest in RK should watch it.

I agree, if you don't like long shows, and don't want to watch 50+ episodes of a series or read 20+ volumes of manga then just watch trust and betrayal as it covers most of the best parts of the series.

Narag

most of the time I am just vague and just hint towards stuff instead of directly talking about anything, but in kenshin's case you need to know exactly when to stop and go watch samurai x.

What? No. You can watch the OVA alone and be better off avoiding the rest of the franchise. TV is fine to a certain point but spoiler tagging the guy's name who appears in the episode 30 title is just inane.

Has anyone here seen the Rurouni Kenshin live action films? How are they for somebody who finds, for the most part except for a few films, japanese live action a bit silly when they try to do anime stuff?

I mean samurai/ninja films tend to be the only stuff I really like from live action so I should enjoy them, but how close do they try to emulate the silly anime humor?

edit: actually I've never even checked if they're available on the west lol.

zulux21

What? No. You can watch the OVA alone and be better off avoiding the rest of the franchise. TV is fine to a certain point but spoiler tagging the guy's name who appears in the episode 30 title is just inane.

actually I was spoiler tagging what the second season was about, not the guy in particular.

Anyways, I would always rather go overboard with my spoiler tags then not use enough and actually spoil something for someone.... while personally spoilers aren't a big deal for me I know they are for some people and I don't want to be that person that ruins it for someone else.

Has anyone here seen the Rurouni Kenshin live action films? How are they for somebody who finds, for the most part except for a few films, japanese live action a bit silly when they try to do anime stuff?

I mean samurai/ninja films tend to be the only stuff I really like from live action so I should enjoy them, but how close do they try to emulate the silly anime humor?

edit: actually I've never even checked if they're available on the west lol.

the trailers looked fine from what I saw, but I haven't seen the movies themselves.

2 minutes into Brighter than The Dawning Blue

Wait, isn't this the plot to a Gundam story? What's going on here?

EDIT: IS THAT THE FREAKING BUSTER MACHINE 3?!?

Narag

actually I was spoiler tagging what the second season was about, not the guy in particular.

Anyways, I would always rather go overboard with my spoiler tags then not use enough and actually spoil something for someone.... while personally spoilers aren't a big deal for me I know they are for some people and I don't want to be that person that ruins it for someone else.

Ah, understandable. This case was entirely without context but i get where you're coming from. Not a big deal for me either and I wish it wasn't for others yet there's still a handful of moments in shows that I do like to preserve..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom