• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrovex

Silver Spoon Season 2 Episode 4

Hachiken will allow Maron to poop wherever on the road. Maron is GOAT; Maron is love; Maron is life.

Kansoku

Black rock shooter Tv is a show about "suffering"

Anybody who has seen it can't disagree with this.

What, no. It's a show about family and love and helping each other out and lift out when your loved ones fall and happiness, and how to appreciate the joyful moments in our lives, and zombies and baby toys and

Seriously now, it's a show about macaron

RWHsovy.jpg

:''''''''''(

I never knew he loved Cowboy Bebop too. I've been hurting so much reading twitter. Especially Norm MacDonald.

To think he loved Cowboy Bebop. That's amazing.

Necrovex

I'm debating about jumping onto the D. Gray man bandwagon sometime soon. How is the overall anime?

Was the manga ever completed or is it trapped in hiatus?

OceanBlue

I'm debating about jumping onto the D. Gray man bandwagon sometime soon. How is the overall anime?

I don't remember the anime being very good. IIRC it had a lot of anime-original content and the production quality was pretty low.

zulux21

d gray man started off alright then sometime after the first 10 episodes feel to garbage quality and I stopped watching it, so I can't comment on the second half of the series.

Necrovex

I don't remember the anime being very good. IIRC it had a lot of anime-original content and the production quality was pretty low.

d gray man started off alright then sometime after the first 10 episodes feel to garbage quality and I stopped watching it, so I can't comment on the second half of the series.

Whelp. Tossing that series into the garbage bin then. Thanks for the heads up.

But how about the manga?

Edit: Maybe I'll finally watch Kenshin. I read the entirety of the manga (like six or seven years ago), but I have only seen a little of the anime.

http://a.pomf.se/ysycat.webm

Rail Wars! 5

That is the exact same look I gave him after he yelled out.

Absolute crime that such a grade A waifu like Red is stuck in this show.

Her, brown (Jesus Christ that body), and light brown would all do wonders if they had a competent MC to relate with.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

The adaptation is okay. Not as mindblowing as FMA, but i guess it's enjoyable.
Still not completed and in indefinite hiatus.

fertygo

Eh, the last stretch is pretty good in production value I thought.. I can't tell the earlier eps because I specifically aiming that arc when I watch it years ago.

Gatchaman Crowds 02-04

Everyone was actually a boy, can't wait for the reveal that Hajime's Hajimes are fake

Hajime is probably the most genki character I have ever seen, and somehow she's not terrible!
Is Berg-Katze's goal just to be a huge dick to everyone? THAT'S THE KIND OF VILLAIN I LIKE
Like the way Utsutsutsutsutsutsutsu's powers are just shown but never drawn attention to.

BRS has more constant suffering than Madoka does.

At no point in BRS TV series is SOMEONE not suffering.

Watching a snuff film would be a more lighthearted experience.

Yikes. When you put it that way it almost makes me want to see how bad it is for myself.

Almost.

I'll get to that piece of garbage one of these days. Right now I feel like I should start with the shorter one.

But seriously, what is it with these teenage anime dramas and ghosts?!?

One character has somehow over powered three others and the visual language of the action didn't convey how he did it at all. What you'll notice if you re-watch the sequence is that as soon as the 'villain' starts to attack the 'heroes', we only ever see him attack one of them at a time and we also don't see how he moves from one person to the next in his attack. The camera is very tightly focused so that there's never more people in shot then villain and the guy he is killing. This makes it look like a series of three one-on-one duels.

This is a lie that the director is trying to feed you by shooting the sequence in this way. If the camera was stationed at a distance from this sequence where you could clearly witness the action you'd see a three guys waiting in turn to get killed even though they held the complete advantage.

This may all sound very pedantic but when I watched the sequence unfold it just didn't make any sense and that's because the director had taken serious shortcuts when laying out the scene. If you want to have one character best three you can, but then you actually have to stage an action sequence where he bests his foes through strength or speed or tactics, you can't just slap a bunch of shots of him killing people together in a sequence because it doesn't make any sense.
The three people are people that don't want to murder someone. The 1hp guy doesn't care about his life and wants to murder. The three people were expecting the other guy to surrender, they weren't willing to take his life. They were in shock when he attacked. Remember before the fight they were laughing thinking their superior numbers would make a quick surrender and no fighting at all. These people are not murderers, like the people they faced, which was the point of that flashback.

Syrinx

Black Rock Shooter TV 2

I think my favorite part is where Yomi's mom lets Kagari physically, emotionally, and sexually abuse her daughter nonstop because she "feels bad for her".

You guys weren't kidding about this one. Every minute it feels like the show makes somebody or multiple people suffer horribly. And I find it oddly hilarious.

Branduil

Black Rock Shooter TV 1

I should start by saying that I don't have much experience with Mari Okada works. Apparently she worked on some of the screenplays for some Aria episodes, but that's really it. Most of my knowledge of "Okada" comes from madp's WIXOSS impressions.

Anyhoo...

I'm not really getting what the Black Rock Shooter is supposed to be. Like I get that we have Mato who's living her life and that the challenges she faces get put into these really macabre forms in the world of BRS (hence Kagari-bot cutting her with a buzzsaw). But I don't know why it exists. What point it serves, I guess.

Other than that I can at least tell that this is going to be ultra-heavy on the melodrama. I must say I'm eager to learn the relationship between Yomi and Kagari. Cause the way that's going...hoo boy, that's going to be something else.

ibcGyGq13CuGBJ.jpg

Arjuna 5

This episode had it all. Shady branches of secret organization releasing a biological terror unto the world, evil death-bringing burgers, honey I shrunk the savior, and more.

But seriously, nice episode. It seems we're finally learning a bit more about SEED (which is keeping tabs on anything Juna related, including her family), the Raaja (that come in micro organism variety), and how humans continue to fuck up nature.

Arjuna 6

Wait, so the virus came from some Brazilian farm? I thought SEED Australia was responsible, or maybe I've misunderstood something. Regardless, why the virus exists in the first place is the more important thing here. Big businesses and corporations want to control the food supply, thus controlling the world. Terrible, greedy mofos.

The teacher. I'm not sure I really understand any of those parts of the episode. What exactly is a true voice? Just expressing your passion for something or how you really feel? Why was she tripping at school? I guess I'm not really getting the message here.
Also Tokio's an annoying asshole.

Alright episode, though.

Nafe

Goldfish Warning! (Kingyo Chūihō!)

Episode 1

Goldfish Warning! is an anime produced by Toei from around 1991 to 1992. What I found interesting about it is that it aired just before Sailor Moon and once the show was finished some key staff from Sailor Moon actually moved over from Goldfish Warning to work on the show.

This included Junichi Sato, or SatoJun, who was GW's head director before working on to direct the first part of Sailor Moon and then directing and storyboarding certain episodes of the followup parts to the series. GW's composer was Takanori Arisawa who went on to compose the music for most of Sailor Moon aside from maybe some of the opening's and endings and possibly a couple of the insert songs. Kunihiko Ikuhara directed some episodes of GW before moving on to direct episodes of Sailor Moon as well as becoming head director until Stars. Takuya Igarashi also directed some episodes of GW before moving on to direct some episodes of Sailor Moon and then becoming head director for Sailor Moon Stars. From there he went on to direct some of Ojamajo Doremi, another magical girl show from Toei that aired in the late 90's to early 00's.

jbfJofzCVmUlUv.jpg

The shows characters: Chitose with Gyopi the goldfish,Aoi in the sunglasses, Wapiko and Kitada who becomes student council vice-president.

The show stars Chitose who was a rich girl until her father passed away and it seemed like she had lost her inheritance. All she was left with is a goldfish, which isn't even gold. She is then forced to attend a more rundown school that is far from the elite class she knew where even animals will roam the school grounds here. Here you meet the other classmates such as Wapiko. She's pretty much your more simple minded, super hyper and friendly genki girl. I'm in the middle right now on her but some might find her hilarious where others might find her really annoying.

jbzmUYp1hXEd5V.jpg

A rivalry is born!

The show actually has a format where it's split into two parts. The first part will have an episode title and cover part of the story and then after the eyecatch there is a second episode title and part to the show. In the first part you find out Chitose wasn't really poor at all but her family's attorney was trying to keep her inheritance for himself. Instead of wanting to go back to her former school in the second part, Chitose actually buys the rundown school and fixes the school up such that she can compete against her former classmates.

As another Sailor Moon reference,Keiko Han, who voiced Queen Beryl in the first part and Luna all throughout the show, is in GW voicing the student council president of Chitose's former school. It's just fun hearing her do the voice for a more uptight ojou-sama type character.

Anyway, I just really enjoyed this first episode to the show. I think I was smiling almost the whole time. Just really fun and charming. People who are lamenting about the lack of reaction faces in Sailor Moon Crystal should really take a look at this show. All throughout this first episode they were on display, even switching from one reaction face into another. I'll post a couple but there were many many more on top of these.

Lurky

Monogatari Series s2 Episode 21

I've decided to suck it up and continue my watch since I only have a few episodes left. I hope the ending is worth it...

Oh god I forgot about her hair! Everything I love is gone (except for Shinobu)! T_T
Wow Kaiki's back. I totally forgot about him. Hopefully this arc has a better end than the last two.

Defuser

Sabagebu!! is the true comedy of the season. Nozaki is second. Momoka is such a scumbag she managed to transcend BGBW's Akari avatar.

Link Man

Banned
Clannad AS 14

Oh, they haven't had the wedding yet.

lol, Akio, Tomoya.

Oh my, the b-word.
I wonder if this means a timeskip is coming soon.

...did this show just reference TTGL?

Holy crap, this "disguise".

Nagisa...she's 'special'.

lol, the parfait.

Wow, Okazaki is becoming oddly conservative and sentimental.

Haha, bakery puns. Oh wait.

i0I57mnPqbFeW.jpg

lol, these facial reactions are incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom