• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
lol second time somebody in this community (that I've seen) has combined the word delicious with something else.

But lollipops are delicious.

pops+top3.jpg

Quasar

You're missing the point.

Well incest is sexual activity between family members. That obviously isn't happening on screen, at best you have one person with a crush/infatuation with the other. There's no suggestion that that's what is going on off screen.

That's probably why I feel the only shows with incest I've really seen are I guess Kissxsis, Yosuga no Sora, and Koi Kaze.

Now it would be incest-bait, but I feel thats different. And in a way worse.

EDIT: Oh and Oreimo. Forgot about that one.

I'm rolling here.

Of course the gun MMO is American. Of course.

Assuming we're speaking of Gungale Online, then why would an american developer add a formula that makes your guy character transform into an extremely effeminate boy?

Why wouldn't everybody be forced to use miniguns and have orgasm faces? These are inconsistencies that need to be answered if I'm to believe it's from the US.

Quasar

Assuming we're speaking of Gungale Online, then why would an american developer add a formula that makes your guy character transform into an extremely effeminate boy?

Why wouldn't everybody be forced to use miniguns and have orgasm faces? These are inconsistencies that need to be answered if I'm to believe it's from the US.

Well americans do get orgasmic at the thought of guns.

Lurky

Monogatari Series s2 Episode 23

What the fuck at dat OP. Wow, that's insanely good. The song itself isn't so great but those visuals man... I hate looking at Senjougahara. It keeps reminding me of her glorious old hair.

Haha, Kaiki's plan ended up being so simple. It's pretty cool seeing this arc from his perspective. Much better than ararararagi. This episode was pretty much what I expected it to be though. Kaiki just finds out more things about Nadeko. But at the end he
breaks into her room and opens up the closet that her parents previously told him not to look into.
What can she be hiding? :eek:

Midonin

Cosplay Complex

Half the appeal of this is seeing how many costumes one can recognize, and it's from 2002, which predates my starting point of fandom. So I'd say I got about 70%. The opening is catchy, and otherwise it's a very anime-feeling anime about the anime fandom itself. These short OVAs are fun, but I'm also glad that a lot of anime these days are TV series. More airtime to work with.

(Shirobako is on my to-watch list more than ever.)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For every -monogatari you don't watch, I'll watch it 3 times.

Branduil

Well incest is sexual activity between family members. That obviously isn't happening on screen, at best you have one person with a crush/infatuation with the other. There's no suggestion that that's what is going on off screen.

That's probably why I feel the only shows with incest I've really seen are I guess Kissxsis, Yosuga no Sora, and Koi Kaze.

Now it would be incest-bait, but I feel thats different. And in a way worse.

EDIT: Oh and Oreimo. Forgot about that one.

You're still missing the point by basing your argument on the technicality "well he doesn't actually have sexual intercourse with his sister onscreen so it's okay." It's still pandering to incest fetishists. They know what they're doing.

Quasar

You're still missing the point by basing your argument on the technicality "well he doesn't actually have sexual intercourse with his sister onscreen so it's okay." It's still pandering to incest fetishists. They know what they're doing.

As I said I feel there's a difference between shows with incest in them (either shown or implied) and incest-bait shows. Mahouka I'd consider the latter.

Just as I feel there's a difference between shows with yuri and yuri-bait shows.

Link Man

Banned
Clannad AS 15

Huh, Tomoya becoming a father causing him to think about his father; I wonder if this could lead to a reconciliation between the two.

I've started noticing this recently, but Nagisa is starting to look like a character out of K-on or something. Surely KyoAni's influence.

The first...lick? wat

Oh god.
Don't do this, show.

Akio, man.

Beach episode!
Wait, Nagisa means shore/beach? Does that make this a beach series then?

I feel like I've been hit by a truck full of feels.

Fucking ED.

Oh no, that preview.

Nozaki-kun - 6
This show can look really impressive at times. This episode was awesome. The Wakamatsu and Seo grouping was really funny. I don't know how they managed to make me enjoy the whole cast of characters.

This show... might be my number one for the season? At least thus far.

I love Nozaki-kun with all of my heart. It'd be #1 of the season for me....

but I'm ashamed to say that my #1 for the season so far is Sword Art Online 2. For all the right reasons. None of which include Shinon, all of which include dat writing.

Clannad AS 15

Huh, Tomoya becoming a father causing him to think about his father; I wonder if this could lead to a reconciliation between the two.

I've started noticing this recently, but Nagisa is starting to look like a character out of K-on or something. Surely KyoAni's influence.

The first...lick? wat

Oh god.
Don't do this, show.

Akio, man.

Beach episode!
Wait, Nagisa means shore/beach? Does that make this a beach series then?

I feel like I've been hit by a truck full of feels.

Fucking ED.

Oh no, that preview.

Nagisa: "I promise to never cry."

*me during this series of episodes* ( ;_;)

Yeah that ED is no good for the next episode. When you see "To be continued..." try and skip it. Don't watch the ED until episode 17. And then after that it's pointless again.

Waiting for you to hit dem major feels. :)

Jex

Log Horizon - 01
Oh hey, this was actually enjoyable considering the premise. Granted it's only the first episode but it does a nice job of actually thinking about the premise a little.

My biggest complaint about something like Summer Wars was the over-dramatisation of virtual scenes such as the Natsuki hanafuda scene where you hear reaction to physical incidences in a virtual situation shown on a crude mobile device!

Here, even for things like combat, it's at least partially explained as a result of becoming the game rather than VR or such.

A side note, from the Database gif that was shown continuously in here, I was expecting the Op to sound something akin the the Death Note 2 OP. Instead it's some half Engirsh thing that honestly provokes no reaction. I can't even remember it.

The music in the show though is very nicely done however. The right tone of something akin to an MMO.
Welcome! With reference to the bolded, just give it time.....

Jarmel

Banned
SAO 2-6

Alright so yea this was a direct cheap episode.

Kirito was so close to healing her with penis. This whole episode doesn't make any fucking sense though in that Kirito never brings up that raid in the first season and it doesn't make sense in his emotional development/character. It feels like something just dropped into the story to help justify an emotional link to the villain and a way to tie the heroine into this. Oh and how the fuck is Kirito shaken up by trashtalk? Seriously?

zulux21

SAO 2-6

Alright so yea this was a direct cheap episode.

Kirito was so close to healing her with penis. This whole episode doesn't make any fucking sense though in that Kirito never brings up that raid in the first season and it doesn't make sense in his emotional development/character. It feels like something just dropped into the story to help justify an emotional link to the villain and a way to tie the heroine into this. Oh and how the fuck is Kirito shaken up by trashtalk? Seriously?

I view it this way.
When the events originally happened, it was a kill or be killed situation, and something that had to be done for the better good. He was able to justify it back then and thus it didn't bother him. Now that the past is catching up to him though, he is shaken up by what he actually did, and the fact that the danger to his life from sword art online might not be over, and even his friends still might not be safe.

Jarmel

Banned
I view it this way.
When the events originally happened, it was a kill or be killed situation, and something that had to be done for the better good. He was able to justify it back then and thus it didn't bother him. Now that the past is catching up to him though, he is shaken up by what he actually did, and the fact that the danger to his life from sword art online might not be over, and even his friends still might not be safe.

I have two problems with this. The first is that this would have been a great episode and arc inside the original first season of SAO. It could have delved into the psychology of the players trapped in that kill or be killed world and also have fleshed out aspects of the world as a whole. So doing something like this in a bullshit flashback deprives the viewer of potential good worldbuilding in a context that would have made sense in the show itself. Instead it's dumped on the viewer in an artificial manner that makes it extremely obvious what type of emotions the director is trying to evoke out of the audience.

The 2nd problem is that nobody, even Asuna, make references or thoughts on it after they got out of Aincrad and Alfheim. This seems like something that should have been discussed even among other survivors if not to a psychiatrist. It again feels artificial in that none of the players seemingly have PTSD and it's only when Kirito stumbles across this arc's big bad that he starts to shake like a leaf, to a point never displayed in the series before. It's bullshit.

JoeFu

Banned
I think someone in here asked if they mentioned that part at all in the LN and it didn't they dropped that info in the GGO part of the LNs lol so yeah its all bs and made up as it goes.

Jex

I have two problems with this. The first is that this would have been a great episode and arc inside the original first season of SAO. It could have delved into the psychology of the players trapped in that kill or be killed world and also have fleshed out aspects of the world as a whole. So doing something like this in a bullshit flashback deprives the viewer of potential good worldbuilding in a context that would have made sense in the show itself. Instead it's dumped on the viewer in an artificial manner that makes it extremely obvious what type of emotions the director is trying to evoke out of the audience.

The 2nd problem is that nobody, even Asuna, make references or thoughts on it after they got out of Aincrad and Alfheim. This seems like something that should have been discussed even among other survivors if not to a psychiatrist. It again feels artificial in that none of the players seemingly have PTSD and it's only when Kirito stumbles across this arc's big bad that he starts to shake like a leaf, to a point never displayed in the series before. It's bullshit.

Sounds like you just don't understand what a frail, guilt-racked waif that Kirito truly is.

Lurky

Monogatari Series s2 Episode 24

So close to the end... I can almost taste the bitterness and empty feeling that's coming my way.

So basically this episode had more talking and then Kaiki
decides to get Nadeko drunk.
Suspicious... So far in this arc, they've been hinting every episode that it's not possible for Nadeko to ever to back to being human. I get a bad feeling from this. Also, Hanekawa is awesome and all but I miss her old hair more than I miss Senjou's. =[

Jex

Having abandoned the show, basically, after Nise, I like Kaiki based on that snazzy op alone.

It's so retrolicious.
Nise really is somewhat important in terms of the 'plot' of the series, but 'Season 2' is when the show essentially returns to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom