• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

did my gurren lagann rewatch after i finished kill la kill. god damn i love this series. i think i might bite on that $550 bluray in a few months :/

what's everybody's opinion on the dub though? i tend to prefer subtitles but i actually prefer the english dub on this series. i like kamina in particular.

Good luck finding one. They're gone. AoA sold them through Rightstuf. (link is the original page the Aniplex site linked to for purchasing the set)

Only really available from resellers at inflated prices now. I think the cheapest I saw was the original MRSP at around $650 now.

fertygo

Captain Earth-18

This subplot has been so utterly stupid. Well all of the plots have been stupid but this one in particular is particularly stupid.

The real reason to watch Captain Earth brah, The Fucking subplot.

ibaL6l1bIRUw5p.jpg

ipT6w55NigMgu.jpg

jgminto

Bakumatsu Rock 7
I think it's safe to say no show has ever represented the essence of rock so well while also accurately depicting Bakumatsu-era Japan and its famous figures. They should be teaching this in schools.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Nozaki-kun is good, but it's not the best comedy of the season. Rather spoiled in that regard, to have two good comedies in one season.

StayDead

I'm LTTP on this one but:

Love Live 2 (8)

my god the hnnnghs so cute and even nozomi grew on me this episode. Maki and Nico's acting for the camera too *squees*

CorvoSol

lol no. Nadeko was an awful character through and through. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Her interactions were boring and like I said earlier, every time she said Koyomi-oniichan I wanted to punch my monitor.

The only good part about her was when she went berserk in her school.

I liked it when Kaiki tore into her and pointed out just how ridiculously childish her meltdown over Araragi was. I wouldn't say I liked her, since most of her arc is about how unlikeable she is, but I liked Kaiki tearing her down.

That final arc might've been the best part of the entire show.

Thoraxes

Strike Witches new PV for Operation Victory Arrow vol.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYK1aN5oMF0 2nd installment January 10th cinema premiere

dat barkhorn maid outfit
lol no. Nadeko was an awful character through and through. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. Her interactions were boring and like I said earlier, every time she said Koyomi-oniichan I wanted to punch my monitor.

The only good part about her was when she went berserk in her school.

You sure you aren't talking about Kanbaru?

Ghost in the Shell: Arise part 1 and 2

Fine prequel movies, not the GITS we love but still fine nonetheless, stories are so so, storytelling is limited by being only 50 min long so it sometimes has rushed pacing. Also, Motoko is human, wtf

THIS IS NOT A FILLER

The 2nd arc is not a filler it's actually a great way to understand how kirin live and how they define their lives given what their positions are . Fruthermore , the fact that "something happenned" is crucial to the rest of the main plot , including the climax of that arc ( that unfortunatly wasn't adapted on anime but you can still read ).
All the arcs in 12kingdoms have a very clear purpose and the anime has no filler what so ever. , just some changes made for the book to anime adaptation.

i can tell you that the conclusion of that sub plot is magnificent in more way than one It's just a shame that the production commitee didn't adapt those.
heck i'm willing to spoiler this if you want to know how every comes together.

Any other differences between the anime and novel? If a lot, I should read the novel then, the 2nd arc was just terrible because of how it ended in the anime. But if it only provides a conclusion to that arc, be free to spoil me :)

Lurky

I liked it when Kaiki tore into her and pointed out just how ridiculously childish her meltdown over Araragi was. I wouldn't say I liked her, since most of her arc is about how unlikeable she is, but I liked Kaiki tearing her down.

That final arc might've been the best part of the entire show.

Kaiki is truly the best.

All this Nadeko hate is making me sad. =[

Hidamari Sketch 1

I know that I've been burned in the past when watching shaft shows but I keep hearing about how great this is so why not try it?

Oh god.. The cuteness is just too powerful... Going "hnng" every few seconds can't be good for me. Even the Goddamn teacher is cute! Why didn't I try this sooner? So far I have a really good feeling about Miya. She might become my favorite character.

All this Monogatari talk, I really should get back to it one of these days.

Brighter than the Dawning Blue - 1

All right, after getting over this show's Gundam-esque introduction, I can safely say that this is pretty cute and funny.

I'm just glad that "Harem" isn't one of the genres for this show, because with this guy's current living situation it could easily have been one. So I have my expectations set.

All this Monogatari talk, I really should get back to it one of these days.

Brighter than the Dawning Blue - 1

All right, after getting over this show's Gundam-esque introduction, I can safely say that this is pretty cute and funny.

I'm just glad that "Harem" isn't one of the genres for this show, because with this guy's current living situation it could easily have been one. So I have my expectations set.

I'm pretty sure this is a harem show, at least based off of how these types of VNs are usually adapted. And why are multiple people watching this all of a sudden?

Kieli

Anime Horo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LN Horo

Like, goddamn. It's not even a contest. I regret buying all currently released S & W light novels, lmao.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Anime Horo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LN Horo

Like, goddamn. It's not even a contest. I regret buying all currently released S & W light novels, lmao.

Huh, what's the difference between LN horo? I have the first LN but I'm not very far into it.

Kieli

Huh, what's the difference between LN horo? I have the first LN but I'm not very far into it.

I had a long post written out, but deleted it. I'm currently half-way through the fifth novel.

I'm afraid of adversely coloring your reading experience with my opinions, or otherwise accidentally spoiling you.

So, to make it brief and non-spoilerish:

Animu Horo: so kawaii, perfect waifu

LN Holo: bipolar (seriously); stay awaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I had a long post written out, but deleted it. I'm currently half-way through the fifth novel.

I'm afraid of adversely coloring your reading experience with my opinions, or otherwise accidentally spoiling you.

LN Holo: omg, bipolar; stay awaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

So she pretty much becomes tsundere?

Kieli

So she pretty much becomes tsundere?

Kinda, but not really. She's not the sort of tsundere that Tohsaka is.

It's more like, one moment she's happily conversing with Lawrence. They be trading verbal darts in a relatively equal back 'n forth (with Horo having the upper advantage, obviously).

Then BAM.

PMS all up in this horse cart and Lawrence is sleeping in the dog house tonight.

Mr.Jeff

Volume 5 covers the second half of the second series. If you're struggling through that one (which I quite enjoyed!) I'd advise you to not read book 6. That one....stretched my incredulity quite a bit.

Kieli

Volume 5 covers the second half of the second series. If you're struggling through that one (which I quite enjoyed!) I'd advise you to not read book 6. That one....stretched my incredulity quite a bit.

Every light novel (at least, of the 5 I've read) they get into some life and death situation and/or get into a huge spat with each other...

.... I don't see how one is better than the other.

phaze

Naruto Shippuden:Episode 372

Sakura:"So do you see me as some sort of weak woman who can't keep up with you ?"

Oh God she's self aware.

The worst shounen dad returns and gets a free power up to boot.

I don't get how suddenly everyone is able to use Doton chakra nature but alright, Shikamaru's genius apparently transcends the ninja physics.

Hiroyuki Yamashita is an animation director for 375. Hype !

Link Man

Banned
Clannad AS 18

Wow, the feels train doesn't stop.
Meeting his grandma, hearing about his dad's backstory and realizing how it parallels his own...
I'm getting choked up again.

She called him Daddy.
And now I'm crying. Damn.

Oh man, this episode wrecked me hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom