• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
14728684980_6a347f24a4_b.jpg

This filth is getting an anime? tsk tsk.

14728695949_beb78c5d0b_b.jpg

Any other differences between the anime and novel? If a lot, I should read the novel then, the 2nd arc was just terrible because of how it ended in the anime. But if it only provides a conclusion to that arc, be free to spoil me :)

The main story is mostly the same , the only big différence is that the anime added 2 characters: nakajima classmates with her during part 1 , this means that the stuff in part 3 that include him was modified too.
Don't get me wrong , they just modified some events. The attack of the wolves ? It happens.The various betrayals before she met rakushun ? it happens. They also shortened her time wandering alone in the anime as well as her travel time( it takes much longer )
As for part 2 the story had no changes .

As for the conclusion of part 2 that the anime didn't adapt , some light spoilers without details ( so you can choose to read it if you wish )
The reason the 2 kririns were in our world was because they were looking for the disapeared kirin . Problem is that they couldn't locate him..and the search ended when keiki found our heroine.Things take an odd turn because of the afflux of refuggees from that kingdom that went into the surronding countries ( kei and en kindgom included ).
Then an officer of that kingdom , you saw her in part 2 comes to see the main heroine with more evidence that the kirin is in our world and ask for help. Being a very difficult task , Our emperess ( 2 years of reign at the time ) invite as many emperors and emperess as she can and they formulate a plan to take him back in that world.
It ommitted as much as i could for that arc , including more characterisation for the cast , the event that lead to the tragedy in the first place and the bold method used to forcefully retrieve him since he had lost his memories and was becoming a wild beast with each day passing.

Just wanted to say: i ommited a lot of thing .. the conclusion of this arc is amazing. you have answers for a big chunk of the mysteries of the 12 kingdoms, including how that system was put in place and who manages it.
Reading the 12 kingdoms books ( atleast for having those answers ) is highly recommanded IMO
I had a long post written out, but deleted it. I'm currently half-way through the fifth novel.

I'm afraid of adversely coloring your reading experience with my opinions, or otherwise accidentally spoiling you.

So, to make it brief and non-spoilerish:

Animu Horo: so kawaii, perfect waifu

LN Holo: bipolar (seriously); stay awaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

WHAT ? no.
I really disagree with this.. She is not bipolar , she is
testing lawrence

Heck just finish the book

Mokoi

Banned
For some reason I thought the Grisaia animu was just going to be about Michiru becoming an idol. Was that mentioned somewhere or just me being stupid?

Link Man

Banned
Clannad AS 19

So much happiness!

Hmm, I wonder who Ushio's teacher could be.
I'm sure they wouldn't spoil that in the OP :p

FUKO!
(Another OP spoiler, if you were attentive.)

Reconciliation at last.

Really enjoying how they're wrapping everything up here.

OceanBlue

For some reason I thought the Grisaia animu was just going to be about Michiru becoming an idol. Was that mentioned somewhere or just me being stupid?

I think there's a game being released at Comiket about Michiru becoming a magical girl or something. That might be it.

Midonin

I think there's a game being released at Comiket about Michiru becoming a magical girl or something. That might be it.
Oh, I've seen that on the Getchu site. Failed to realize it was a spinoff of anything.

Though it would hardly be the first time I jumped into a (magical girl) spinoff not having seen the original.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 95

The founding of Dream Academy, and another Ichigo and Seira story. Things are really getting down to the wire in terms of time left, and the next few episodes look to bring Akari back into the spotlight, priming her for her eventual takeover of the show in October. Has it been that long already?

Link Man

Banned
Clannad AS 20

These final episodes are very cathartic.

Damn.
I never thought, starting this series, that the Big Dango Family song could reduce me to tears.
Yet here we are.

Well, I'm still able to laugh.
Fuko's the best.

"Hoo hoo-desu."

Fuko-neechan!

The hospital. They are really good at this.

80's sports montage!

Goddamnitfuckfuckno

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clannad AS 21

This show just loves to fill your heart with joy,
just so it can get more pleasure from stomping on it

Link Man

Banned
Clannad AS 22 END

iIBqKetHyzkP5.jpg

So what, was it a dream, a "Wonderful Life" situation? Is this ending the dream, and both Okazakis died in the snow? Is it parallel universes?

Clannad AS 19

So much happiness!

Hmm, I wonder who Ushio's teacher could be.
I'm sure they wouldn't spoil that in the OP :p

FUKO!
(Another OP spoiler, if you were attentive.)

Reconciliation at last.

Really enjoying how they're wrapping everything up here.

Yup they are coming to their conclusion. :3

Clannad AS 20

These final episodes are very cathartic.

Damn.
I never thought, starting this series, that the Big Dango Family song could reduce me to tears.
Yet here we are.

Well, I'm still able to laugh.
Fuko's the best.

"Hoo hoo-desu."

Fuko-neechan!

The hospital. They are really good at this.

80's sports montage!

Goddamnitfuckfuckno

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clannad AS 21

This show just loves to fill your heart with joy,
just so it can get more pleasure from stomping on it

Pretty much. Tomoya has grown so much. It's so good. ;_;

Clannad AS 22 END

iIBqKetHyzkP5.jpg

So what, was it a dream, a "Wonderful Life" situation? Is this ending the dream, and both Okazakis died in the snow? Is it parallel universes?

As Kotomi explained
before Nagisa died, the illusion art world is a parallel world to the real one and both affect each other because of what happens in them. Because Tomoya gathered so many orbs of light he was able to get his wish to have his family for the rest of his days. Recap episode explains this better.

Midonin

Glasslip 07

These visions are starting to get a little weirder. Kakeru conversing with multiple versions of himself? A flock of crows? Lots of school swimsuit scenes this week, I can appreciate that. The drama's still remaining mostly in the background. Nobody's fully broken apart, but the seams are starting to show.

Link Man

Banned
As Kotomi explained
before Nagisa died, the illusion art world is a parallel world to the real one and both affect each other because of what happens in them. Because Tomoya gathered so many orbs of light he was able to get his wish to have his family for the rest of his days. Recap episode explains this better.

Yeah, this just sounds like an excuse to
be able to kill off the characters you've grown to love and still be able to provide a happy ending
. While fucking your mind.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ushio for one of the best anime daughters because (AS End spoilers)
who wouldn't want a daughter that could help you go back in time.

So I guess FUNimation isn't reverting to DVD-only S.A.V.E. releases after re-release for B Gata H Kei. Don't understand how a DVD-only set is priced at $30 while a DVD/BD combo is $20 either.

mankoto

Love Stage 6
Well someone was going to tell his art isn't very good. But to not face facts about it by not going home is a bit much. With how the episode ended I'm scared to know how this will go down (pun unintended).

Strike Witches new PV for Operation Victory Arrow vol.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYK1aN5oMF0 2nd installment January 10th cinema premiere
UNF UNF that Heidi.
Looking at the cast for the second SW OVA with Lucchini, Charlotte, Hannah and Raisa.

OVA 2 will play in Africa.
Raisa finally getting a voice role yessssssssss. I hope an Africa OVA rules it out for the plot for the TV series, I NEED THE 502nd.
You sure you aren't talking about Kanbaru?
You're not supposed to have awful opinions like this Kugyuu nakama

Link Man

Banned
Clannad AS: The Event From One Year Before

This feels like fanfiction. Complete with OC (do not steal!). And unnecessary fanservice.

iCnfRUyPjeJ2e.gif

Got a new trainwreck gif out of it, though.

StayDead

All I know is Clannad effected me in a very weird way.

My Dad had just told me he was with someone else now (despite never properlyy breaking up with my disabled mother) and he'd had a baby over a year before who I didn't know about. He'd asked me a few years before what I thought about him having another child and I was so annoyed that I said I wanted nothing to do with them. Well basically that ended up with me getting incredibly bitter when I found out and majorly annoyed at my Dad.

I was near ready to never want to speak to him again when I saw the ending of Clannad AS where he reconciles with his Father. It's stupid I know but I cried so much during that and it made me realise what a big massive idiot I was being not wanting to be part of his and my little sisters life purely because I was angry. From there I met his now wife and my now step brother and now we're closer than ever.

If anything that story is probably quite embarrasing, but it just goes to show how something, even a peice of media can change your life completely.

mankoto

Fate/Illya S2 6
I suppose that's the end of this arc.
It would've been so anticlimactic if she went right then and there.
My only question is,
if Kuro knew she was a Deus Ex Machina all along why didn't she just wish for Illya's death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom