• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure so let's say yes. I just can't see MrJeff being #1 in either dividing his attention as he's going to do.
I will take the spot if I have to. For mofu.
OO72xNa.gif

Is this show really good? I watched one of the movies and I was pretty meh on it.

The movie is better than the show. It's worth watching for the beamspam and pew pew, not much else. Though the characters aren't bad, at least until they dilute things with way too many of them.

Is this show really good? I watched one of the movies and I was pretty meh on it.

Never saw the movies, but I enjoyed the first two series. Solid magical girl fare with some good character development and nice action, especially in A's. StrikerS was a steaming piece of garbage that tarnished the entire series, on the other hand.

Mr.Jeff

Never saw the movies, but I enjoyed the first two series. Solid magical girl fare with some good character development and nice action, especially in A's. StrikerS was a steaming piece of garbage that tarnished the entire series, on the other hand.
Strikers isn't all bad; it's just hampered by being slow and unfortunately (but by necessity) hampering all the original cast by obscure logic. The final episodes with Nanoha and Vivio were fantastic! The rest...maybe not.

Seriously, the last piece of news we got on the third Nanoha movie was that it will debut in 2014 (I think that was in January!).

And yet we've gotten no PV's or any other piece of news since then. It is now August.

The taint of StrikerS still feels strong to me. I'm not really convinced of the ability for them to tell an original story in the universe that doesn't suck right now, especially if it is post-StrikerS.
The last movie that came out takes place before StrikerS(even though it was made after StrikersS) and was fantastic.

Necrovex

Legend of Galactic Heroes 51

It's about time Yang got the courage to make a move on Greenhill, though he may have jumped the gun a little bit. Marriage. Oh boy. Quite a leap.

Holy fuck at that gore. When did this show begin showing people losing their organs, being burnt alive, and people losing their heads?! I can't go to sleep yet. I must continue watching. I need resolution!

Strikers isn't all bad; it's just hampered by being slow and unfortunately (but by necessity) hampering all the original cast by obscure logic. The final episodes with Nanoha and Vivio were fantastic! The rest...maybe not.

It wasn't just being slow and pushing all of the original cast members to the side, though, because the new characters also weren't very good. It also lost the essential humanity and connection to the real world that the original series had, and felt like it was just completely floundering as a result.

Mr.Jeff

Meanwhile yours is perfect for your current metamorphosis.
While I've been infected with your taint, I'll still be far behind your love for mofu and IS. Look at that avatar: it stares wistfully into the future but the eyes are dead inside and there is no smile of hope. We are all lost soul on a one way trip to damnation.

Exactly. I've only seen bits and pieces of StrikerS. I haven't actually watched the whole thing the entire way through.

There should have been a season in between the epilogue of A's and StrikerS. That's what I'm hoping the 3rd movie is. At least then I could get a sense of character progression. Instead all the character development over the course of ten years happens off-screen, and after two seasons of these characters being really central focus points, that's really irritating.

The second Nanoha movie removes an entire plot point and doesn't have Brave Phoenix so I can't rightfully recommend it over the TV series. That juicy movie budget action tho omggggggggg.

The second Nanoha movie removes an entire plot point and doesn't have Brave Phoenix so I can't rightfully recommend it over the TV series. That juicy movie budget action tho omggggggggg.

The final battle of A's is like the final showdown of a Super Robot anime. I listened to OP2 of Shin Getter Robo while watching it one time and it only made it more awesome.

The more magical girl shows learn from mecha anime the better.

Narag

While I've been infected with your taint, I'll still be far behind your love for mofu and IS. Look at that avatar: it stares wistfully into the future but the eyes are dead inside and there is no smile of hope. We are all lost soul on a one way trip to damnation.

It's looking into the future, yes, not so much wistfully but rather more steadfast, knowing full well that while a battle for your very being has been won today, the war is far from over.

One day, years from now, you'll look back on today with a tear or two in your eye. You'll remember that you didn't have the mofu so freely available to yourself and everyone else, that at one time it was looked down upon and cast aside as "strange" or "weird."
A combination of embarrassment and shame will cause your face to flush as you recall your own bigotry and wonder how you ever had so much hate in your heart in your younger days.

But as that first warm tear begins to roll down your cheek, you'll recall the pride you felt today. A content smile will cross your face and you'll look to your dear granddaughter, Houki, before quietly saying "I was there."

Persona 4 The golden - 06

I don't get the complains i read earlier about this episode.

I just finished watching it ..and i think they nailed adachi episode.

Sure this episode sucks if taken stand alone, but from the starts golden is meant to be an anime that complement either the first anime or the games ..and on this aspect it's doing a great job IMO.

It's a shame that they cut some events in adachi social link , but they did so while adding more things on his perspective and i think that the result was great.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Under the Dog's latest Kickstarter backer email update actually itemized where their largest number of pledges have been coming from, and GAF links have apparently earned them cash to the tune of nearly $2k:

lK33rnS.png

Mature

Under the Dog's latest Kickstarter backer email update actually itemized where their largest number of pledges have been coming from, and GAF links have apparently earned them cash to the tune of nearly $2k:

lK33rnS.png
Haha, kinda awesome. I threw in $20.00 myself.

Edit: Also glad to see we're beating MAL and 4chan.

Lurky

Hidamari Sketch 3

Wow that teacher... I love the banter between her and Miya. They need more of that. Miyaaaaaa~<3 Yuno is pretty darn cute too but so far the stars of the show seem to be Miya and the christmas cake.

Mr.Jeff

Aria: The Animation

Episode 1
Aria is also some kind of space dog or something,haha. Apparently he/she is voiced by Chinami Nishimura who did the voice for Reika/Cure Beauty! Crazy.

Chiwa Saito is in this too. I like her "Embarrassing comments aren't allowed!" thing,haha. I really like Sayaka Ohara, so having her voice Alicia is nice. Even her first words are "ara ara",haha.
President Aria is a cat!

It's interesting you point out some of the voices from the show. On one of the (I presume early) drama CDs, they went with an entirely different voice cast. Akari was voiced by Kaori Mizuhashi (who voices Ai in the anime instead!) and Alicia was voiced by Kikuko Inoue. It also had quite a different tone as well - a bit more like a standard slice of life school comedy but with boats. Well from what I could gleam from the inflection anyway. Couldn't understand the words after all!

Akari and her "I accidentally learned to row by going backwards". How does that even happen? Haha.
I'm not sure if it's ever covered in the anime but oddly enough I was rereading the manga last night and Akari says that she practiced on a VR simulation back on Earth but failed to take into consideration that you have to let customers see the view instead of the rower.

I also need to type a rebuttal to Narag but it's 3am.

zulux21

tokyo ghoul 7

the censorship screwed up the moment at the beginning to the point where I chuckled instead of feeling a sense of horror ><;

beyond that, hot damn could they adapt this any faster... what was that like 10 chapters in one episode... to be fair it didn't flow to badly, but some important info could be missing (I won't say what because it might show up in episode 8) but i mean at this rate they are going to adapt this arc in 3 episodes.... which is just crazy given how long it was in the manga.

Also the animation for the action was very off this time... perhaps it was the censorship, but I think they were just cheap.

Necrovex

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 52

Why would you end on such a cliffhanger?! I can't stay up forever seeing how this war turns out. You mean, vile show. >:-(

Is this going to be more tarnishing of Nanoha? Because as much as I love the original and A's, I can't really get excited about anything new.
Vivid is the cool things of strikers , without the bad.
A good cast , powerfull magic used at their full potential, new people , great fights, old faces comes in and out when needed.
Black Rock Shooter TV 8

They fight..because they love.
And everyone suffered , because of love !

Indeed, i prefer the Tv series before i like how the vents turn around better.

But yeah that 2nd movie and such great animation.

zulux21

taken from the CAG anime thread

I'd link to amazon but I can't find them without the cag referral links and I figure referral links are a no no on gaf.

it's weird they are using zolo on the cover when it's zoro in the dub though.

tokyo ghoul 7

the censorship screwed up the moment at the beginning to the point where I chuckled instead of feeling a sense of horror ><;

beyond that, hot damn could they adapt this any faster... what was that like 10 chapters in one episode... to be fair it didn't flow to badly, but some important info could be missing (I won't say what because it might show up in episode 8) but i mean at this rate they are going to adapt this arc in 3 episodes.... which is just crazy given how long it was in the manga.

Also the animation for the action was very off this time... perhaps it was the censorship, but I think they were just cheap.

What chapter are you on in the manga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom