• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I've never read it, but from what I know, after Nanoha became a military mecha in a magical girl outfit, Vivid is a return to a slightly more traditional magical girl series.

Which I fully support.

sounds excellent!

I'm not posting much despite being in "holidays mode" ..something is missing in the Summer season... and i'm pretty sure Fall will correct this situation.

Expect season 2 battles with a season 1 - like cast of new faces withing the season 3 setting.
Unless you hate battles in nanoha verse you can't dislike vivid , really.
The amount of cute is also quite high.

Kiseki fans are telling this since ages.
You'll be welcome to join the waiting club once you're done with this one.

Im excited!!

zulux21

i completely forgot about magic kaido... that should be fun... I wonder if it's going to basically be the 12 episodes of anime they already made for the series o_O;

Negator

Also count me in for Dog Days. I really liked the setting and tone of the first two seasons, just having fun watching them have fun!

I beat it in 36, cmon it isn't that long unless you are insane and have to 100% everything.

Oh, and yeah. Trails in the Sky is fucking good, and it only keeps getting better the further you go in.

The way to properly experience Trails in the Sky is to talk with every single NPC after every single story event. And that'll take some time!

zulux21

also just because I can...
how little busters tracked on anidb
80676b9b26.png

Yeah, it should be interesting. I imagine it'll at least have a better budget.

I need to catch up on conan again... I have mostly stopped watching since the cut to manga project seemed to die off :/

Yo man everyone needs to watch Terra Formars. Gotta watch them humanoid cockroaches in full HD. It's gonna be a blast seeing various reactions.

Negator

The way to properly experience Trails in the Sky is to talk with every single NPC after every single story event. And that'll take some time!

I was doing a lot of that for sure,
but I felt like I was doing less and less of that near the end because of all the crazy shit going on, but I still wanted to read it. Truly rare that I care about the NPC dialog.

I still laugh in season 2 of dog days because it was funny how since there were now 3 humans they decided "shit well the squirrel people also exist, you just didn't hear anything about them before because..."

Might watch as guilty pleasure if only because there was little drama in S1 and 2.

As to the season, I'm hyped. A lot of shows I like continuing. Have been looking forward to more Psycho Pass for a while now, not to mention the return of Database, Chaika and Fate Stay in the Kitchen. There's at least 11-12 shows I'll watch/give a chance to. That's more than a decent amount but seeing my trend I'll probably end up dropping like 50% of them at the least.

So yeah, much better than summer season in terms of how many shows.

edit: I'm also looking forward to seeing the relationship of Sei and China in GBF season 2 now that they're older. But knowing anime they'll still be friends.

Midonin

For me this is the fullest season I've had in some time. And I tend to pick up a lot in every season.

Which is odd, because I was expecting it to be this season since last summer was one of my favorites.

Narag

If you caught the tv final ep, it's apparently a wreck compared to the final bluray episode that does explains things iirc.

zulux21

also because I can...
the current data I have about how 9 shows from the current season are tracking on anidb (ratings wise)... I need to update the end of it but it's up to date as of august 8th :p

I'm done with this stuff now unless someone really wants more data (I do have data on MAL as one but that one is typically more stable)... I was just teaching myself how to make the charts a bit prettier and decided to share :p

Kieli

RWBW Volume 2 - 4

Fight scene was neat and all... but the kids are WAY too overpowered. Jesus Christ.

Can't wait to see their asses whooped by the upper tiers or I'm gonna riot.

My fall list:
Mushishi S2-2
GBF S2
Log Horizon S2
Shirobako
That Trigger thing that's more than likely better than KLK
Amagi Brilliant Park
Fate/Stay Nite
Chaika S2
[insert things that have Miyukichi in them]

I hope that's everything, I ended up with 6 shows this season and it's been wonderful.

mankoto

A autumn chart.

http://i.imgur.com/CNPmKel.jpg

Database database....

Not much else though. Looking like a pretty shitty season.
I'll try and watch everything that isn't a S2 of a show I haven't seen.

Things I WILL watch regardless tier
Amagi Brilliant Park
Fate/Stay Night
Psycho-Pass 2
Terra Formats
Yowamushi Pedal:Grande Road
Parasyte

I might regret this tier
Cross Ange
Girlfriend
Grisaia no Kajitsu
Inou-Battle wa Nichijoi-kei no Naka de
Trinity Seven

Things I need to watch to prep for season 2
Gundam Build Fighters
Log Horizon
Mushishi

Everything else seems interesting

Lurky

Hidamari Sketch 6

Sae (and the other girls for that matter) really needs to learn how to lock the front door. Not much else to say about this episode. It was mostly just fanservice. Not that I'm going to complain about seeing them get wet or anything. It was pretty cute but not nearly as cute as the other episodes. I think I'll take a break and finish the rest of the show in a bit.

Quasar

Dang, these dudes really don't want to talk about anything airing this season.

They are more current than Anime World Order (when they even do a podcast). But really for the most part they are an interview show, so I guess its understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom