• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Shounen Hollywood 1

This show is an odd beast. I find its premise and script interesting (it feels less like an anime and more like a live action show, curiously), but at the same time I have next to no interest in watching any more of it. It's almost definitely because it's about idols, even though it's a good spin on the topic.

I do understand the appeal of pre-packaged boy and girl groups (otherwise I wouldn't know embarrassingly large numbers of Backstreet Boys/Spice Girls lyrics) but for some reason (age/musical tastes?) I find idol groups irritating. I don't currently understand in this show why the "lead" character even wants to be one and accepts the manager's invitation to work in the theatre. That, and it emphasises the things I really don't like about the existence of idol groups - the artificial nature of it, for instance, where the idols are forced to play a version of themselves that has been assigned to them (which seems, somehow, very different from "acting" to me). While it's interesting that the show's doing that, it makes me less interested in seeing their eventual rise to performance level.

This seems like a very verbose way of saying "it was fine, but not my kind of thing".

Hey, at least it's not some kind of Johnny's Entertainment tie-in show.

The show is actually a very smart and sincere representation of idol groups. I'm very anti-idol as well but the show really impressed me as it got going. It still remains very slow but I think the pace suits the kind of slice of life tone it's going for, it feels very mellow. I would say give it until the Tomii episode, I think that was 3 or 4. They start exploring the past members and it's really interesting.

Vylash

Man... If anyone is watching this anime without knowing the story of P4 beforehand then they fucked up.
I liked seeing these scenes with Adachi and why he decided to start the murder cases but it was hard to follow since it kept going back to the past and present. It also doesn't flow well with the anime since we don't see any friendship scenes between Adachi and Yu. Still more Adachi is for the best so I liked it overall but this whole show really seems unessecary.

Well yeah, that's what the previous series was for

jgminto

You shouldn't watch any P4 anime, it's bad anime. Not as bad as the Devil Survivor 2 anime but I believe that was a duckroll hype show so it would be impossible to be as bad as that.

Tokyo Ghoul Episode 7

Good episode, it was enjoyable. Poor Hinami's mom welp. Anyways that fight between Mado and Touka was great. With Mado being a dick, screw that bastard. The mask that Kaneki wore looks fuckin legit being animated. The new visuals for the ending look so beautiful. Can't wait for the fight between the Doves.

Man I can't wait till Funimation releases the uncensored BD. I'm gonna end up buying it. I also hope that one day someone brings a physical release of the manga in English.

cajunator

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 2

I had to take a little break from this because the cuteness was too strong for me. It seems like that break didn't help at all. Apparently, Miya is trying to give me diabetus and it might be working. Everyone in this show is so impossibly cute. I might need another short break in between this episode and the next one.

The moenuke factor is not to be taken lightly.
Years of cuteness tolerance and special techniques are required.

Necrovex

You'd be surprised. They put the second Ashita no Joe series somewhat randomly earlier this year or last and it's 34 years old.

Is that a quality boxing anime, on the level of Ippo?

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 48

Now that was a tense ass battle. Kami-Sama came and saved the day at the tail end of the fight.

Joe Molotov

Himegoto - 02

Wait ... brothers ???

Wait ... public morals ?

Wait wait wait.

Himegoto - 03
Let's embrace photoshop skills !!

Himegoto - 04

Albertina 2? Really ? that's your pen name ?

Himegoto - 05
That's NOT the right anime to ask how babies are made.

Himegoto - 06
And now i remember that i need to chack the new doujins games at comiket 86

Don't worry about these new feelings that you're feeling, just give in to the moment.
AZnExNe.png

Nafe

Goldfish Warning! ( Kingyo Chuiho!)

Episode 2

This episodes first part seems to set up a theme that will be carried over for either the rest of the series or certainly the next while anyway. Chitose's family's attorney is now working for Yurika, Chitose's rival, from Tokai no Gakuen.

jbdRBDEsQ4sYLq.jpg

A look at Tokai no Gakuen. The school for rich kids.

He further gets the help of one of the school's students to help him carry out a spy mission on Chitose's school. Even though they're set up as sort of antagonists or rival's, they're not really threatening and just add to the whacky hijinks. Kind of like a Team Rocket sort of thing.

jsVtLrxIgiexa.jpg

"We're now bunnies okay?"
"Doesn't this make us stand out?"
"By making ourselves stand out so much, no one will suspect we're spies."
Flawless logic,haha.

While on the one hand the shows sort of jokes and such feel like that from a different age that aren't repeated in some ways, in others in reminds me of current slice of life type shows. That or "cute girls doing cute things" but it's a co-ed cast where silly fun things happen throughout the episode.

In the second part of the episode it seems like a certain spy is back and may have fishnapped the goldfish, Gyopi. Chitose telling Wakopi has he's suuuuuuuuuuuper important was pretty funny. The end result might be something you're not expecting as well.

Another fun episode. Tons of reaction faces again but to prevent spamming them I'll just post this one.

jpSOOZkCSgvhv.jpg

Oh ho ho ho! Yurika's silly ojou-sama laugh.

The common route is hilarious, the jokes all hit and for the most part it feels like the scenario writer (Fujisaki) went for a style close to writing a novel. The individual routes though for the most part range from mediocre to plain bad (there are 3 or 4 writers), though Amane's (the busty redhead) route is decent, and what the series will definitely adapt.

Yeah, it was at its best in the common route when it was a collection of comedy scenes. The serious moments were rarely executed well, were poorly paced, and the work as a whole lacked cohesion. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not when it comes to the adaptation, hopefully they'll at least nail the humor.

RWBY 4

I definitely like that each episode is longer now instead of having a bunch that were 4-7 minutes like in the first season. The pacing is better because of it imo. I was wondering where Junior went from the Yellow trailer and they addressed that here as well as that white mask that Adam wore as a representation of the new direction the White Fang went in.

The highlight of course is the battle scene in the latter half. Most interesting part here was the use of team maneuvers that Ruby called out. I guess that's to show how their teamwork has grown since the last season. Next episode should be entertaining as well since Monty said in an Afterbuzz segment that there's some crazy stuff that will happen in 5. So far so good.

EDIT: That Neo girl with the mismatched hair/eyes looks a little weird though.

Necrovex

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 49

I'd laugh pretty hard if Reinhard died due to his fever, especially with his claim of having the luck of two people.

fertygo

P4 Golden the Animation - 06

Shiet this is actually pretty cool, I always been curious about
Adachi
SL in Golden, so this helping the itch.

I rather like how much focused to the character than the game plot for this 2-eps arc.

Brighter than the Dawning Blue - 2

Yeah, I'm kind of liking this.

Aside from the running gags that I'm sure are going to grow old quickly, this isn't so bad. Characters are nice, atmosphere is nice, and nothing's over-the-top. It's just nice.

Nafe

Aria: The Animation

Episode 1

While this show originally aired in 2005, it's another with Junichi Sato as the head director. This first episode certainly had a slow relaxing atmosphere to it. I was thinking you could almost make a remark that the general flow of the episode was comparable to that of a gondola,haha. It certainly reminded me of Yokohama Shopping Journal. That could have also been in part to Choro Club having a hand in the music again. It looks like these are the only two anime that they worked with however.

jRE8xSccIU9Vx.jpg

Ara ara! This show really is about gondola companies and rides on Mars.

Yokohama Shopping had more of a show don't tell presentation to it but I like how the world was also introduced here. Undine may be more of a general term but it will probably always make me think of Secret of Mana or more recently now Seiken Densetsu 3,haha. The name "ManHome" for Earth just sounds kind of funny to me. Aria is also some kind of space dog or something,haha. Apparently he/she is voiced by Chinami Nishimura who did the voice for Reika/Cure Beauty! Crazy.

Chiwa Saito is in this too. I like her "Embarrassing comments aren't allowed!" thing,haha. I really like Sayaka Ohara, so having her voice Alicia is nice. Even her first words are "ara ara",haha. She's so good that when a ship buffets the waves it's like the water is still glass. Akari and her "I accidentally learned to row by going backwards". How does that even happen? Haha.

Anyway, relaxing enough start and I'd like to continue.

-Alicia's "Ara Ara" counter for this episode: 5 (Thus 10 individual "ara"'s)

zulux21

That show is absolutely phenomenal and I will never ever stop singing its praises (pun not intended)
Viz will ALWAYS suck for cancelling the release partway.

Based on those, Im still convinced you might actually like Love Lab.
It doesnt plod and it doesnt shove fanservice in your face like SYD. It is just well timed and written comedy and some fun characters that are perfect foils of each other.

yeah I am always sad that I can't own full moon on DVD beyond the first few episodes... it has zero chance of being rescued as well :/

I am still hoping that bakuman gets saved someday.

and fine... I can give love lab a try not sure when but sometime.

wonzo

Banned
protip: the only thing wrong with funi's streams is that the filthy pirates aren't properly taging it as a full-range colour encode

Denki-gai no Honya-san PV

It's about the workers at an Akihabara manga shop. This and Shirobako will be my fill of anime-about-anime this upcoming season.
all aboard the dresden hypetrain

see all of this wouldve been avoided if they played some good eurogames instead

finally

Necrovex

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 50

Reinhard's pride will be the death of him. Next episode looks to be the climax episode. OH BOY! HERE WE GO! TEAM YANG, ACTIVATE!

Syrinx

Aria: The Animation

Episode 1

While this show originally aired in 2005, it's another with Junichi Sato as the head director. This first episode certainly had a slow relaxing atmosphere to it. I was thinking you could almost make a remark that the general flow of the episode was comparable to that of a gondola,haha. It certainly reminded me of Yokohama Shopping Journal. That could have also been in part to Choro Club having a hand in the music again. It looks like these are the only two anime that they worked with however.

Yokohama Shopping had more of a show don't tell presentation to it but I like how the world was also introduced here. Undine may be more of a general term but it will probably always make me think of Secret of Mana or more recently now Seiken Densetsu 3,haha. The name "ManHome" for Earth just sounds kind of funny to me. Aria is also some kind of space dog or something,haha. Apparently he/she is voiced by Chinami Nishimura who did the voice for Reika/Cure Beauty! Crazy.

Chiwa Saito is in this too. I like her "Embarrassing comments aren't allowed!" thing,haha. I really like Sayaka Ohara, so having her voice Alicia is nice. Even her first words are "ara ara",haha. She's so good that when a ship buffets the waves it's like the water is still glass. Akari and her "I accidentally learned to row by going backwards". How does that even happen? Haha.

Anyway, relaxing enough start and I'd like to continue.

-Alicia's "Ara Ara" counter for this episode: 5 (Thus 10 individual "ara"'s)

Your counter probably won't make it past the next episode.

Don't worry about these new feelings that you're feeling, just give in to the moment.
AZnExNe.png
So confused right now

Can't wait for all the new books to read.
Indeed so much to "read"
So much kancolle.

OMG IS2!
What a PV , what are they selling , again ?

Dog Days in January and Nanoha Vivid gets TV anime https://twitter.com/vivio_t/status/500086740300738560

YES !!

ohg yes !!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom