• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zankyou no Terror - 06

That's awesome

You could feel the tension in the air in this episode.

I really like how they managed to increase the stakes when we're not even sure that there is a bomb in place

SUPE>RB ENGRISH BTW

Lurky

Hidamari Sketch 4

I thought the principal sounded familiar and after a little bit of searching I found out that he's actually Brook from One Piece. Now whenever I hear his character talk to the girls I keep thinking that he'll ask to see their panties... Also, the yuri seems to be getting stronger every episode. They finally asked the question that I was wondering the entire time:
How old is their teacher?
btw
Hiro is fat.
lol

Shirobako characters:

BvCyCC1CAAIBUCQ.jpg

Duckroll's girl on the right there.

Midonin

At least say what they are.

Writer, voice actress, production coordinator, animator, and 3DCG artist.

Shirobako has gone from "new IP I know nothing about" to one of my most anticipated anime.

zulux21

What chapter are you on in the manga?

I was reading with the anime and ended up reading this arc before they did it since it was done out of order... so I am through like chapter 45 or so... wherever the previous arc in the anime ends in the manga. Thus since I know how this arc plays out I won't speculate anything, but I had to comment about how fast they are burning through it... it's just crazy... the arc should have been done in 6 episodes at the min (your average anime adaption likely would have just taken the start stuff of the show and this arc in the right place and been a 13 episode anime... maybe the gourmet stuff as well but this one... just... hot damn are they burning through the manga) and I think they are going to manage to do it in 3 o_O;

I am also reading akami ga kill as it comes out in the anime, but that one is pretty true to the manga so far.

terror 6
I don't like 5 at all, and I really am not enjoying how this is playing out right now... given how good the first 4 episodes were and the people behind this I will hold out hope the payout from this will be worth it.... but I am starting to have doubts.

Zankyou no Terror - 6

I think I prefer it when the battle of minds between different forces make up for a metaphorical chess battle where the "moves" are just acting and reacting to different events that occur. Having a literal Chess battle just seems a hamfisted way of saying that these two smart people are up against each other. And I don't really think it fit the context of what was going on here. And I can do without taking what was a potentially interesting female protagonist and turning her into moe bait. Crazy that I thought this show was the best thing airing 2 weeks ago.

Yes.

And yes.

Seriously now, her entire existence culminated in to be used as a Duracell battery.

That is sad beyond words for someone with the label of "Heroine"

i was dying at this part in the manga
especially when she became worthless in like two pages. What a crock of shit that was

mankoto

Zankyou no Terror 6
This episode ended way too quickly. The buildup was so slow, but so good. Between Lisa practically begging joining to join them and Five
being a fake Sphinx for this week's riddle.

The English scene where Five said, "move," and the guy said "my apologies," had me laughing really hard.

Clannad AS: The Event From One Year Before

This feels like fanfiction. Complete with OC (do not steal!). And unnecessary fanservice.

iCnfRUyPjeJ2e.gif

Got a new trainwreck gif out of it, though.

Are you going to watch the OVA's?

And I love that gif. LOL!!!!

All I know is Clannad effected me in a very weird way.

My Dad had just told me he was with someone else now (despite never properlyy breaking up with my disabled mother) and he'd had a baby over a year before who I didn't know about. He'd asked me a few years before what I thought about him having another child and I was so annoyed that I said I wanted nothing to do with them. Well basically that ended up with me getting incredibly bitter when I found out and majorly annoyed at my Dad.

I was near ready to never want to speak to him again when I saw the ending of Clannad AS where he reconciles with his Father. It's stupid I know but I cried so much during that and it made me realise what a big massive idiot I was being not wanting to be part of his and my little sisters life purely because I was angry. From there I met his now wife and my now step brother and now we're closer than ever.

If anything that story is probably quite embarrasing, but it just goes to show how something, even a peice of media can change your life completely.

Great story. It's wonderful to hear that this show affected someone's life in a positive way. (I think I have heard this story before but it makes me happy to know what a positive and profound affect it has had on my and other peoples lives)

Lurky

Hidamari Sketch 5

That was a weird opening scene for this episode. Haha she's glowing red... Yuno is so cute when she's sick. Miya is such a good friend. You guys probably know the scene I'm talking about. <3 So much potential yuri! This show is too damn cute.

cajunator

Banned
Under the Dog's latest Kickstarter backer email update actually itemized where their largest number of pledges have been coming from, and GAF links have apparently earned them cash to the tune of nearly $2k:

lK33rnS.png

Impressive. None of it was me however.

Kieli

A autumn chart.

http://i.imgur.com/CNPmKel.jpg

Database database....

Not much else though. Looking like a pretty shitty season.

WHAT. YOU KIDDING ME?

Fall 2014 is shaping up to be a pretty darned great season.

Dude, I have 4 series I anticipate, 3 on trial, and 3 ~ 4 I'll hate-watch.

That's amazing considering I haven't consistently kept up with a season (i.e. I watched maybe 2 anime a year, if at all) since 2009.

A autumn chart.

Database database....

Watching :

• PSYCHO PASS S2
  • SORA NO METHOD
  • CHAIKA S2
  • WORLD TRIGGER
  • GUNDAM RECONGUISTA IN G
  • PARASYTE
  • MADAN NO OU TO VANADIS
  • YUUKI YUUNA WA YUUSHA DE ARU
  • GUGURE! KOKKURI-SAN
  • GRISAIA NO KAJITSU
  • FATE STAY NIGHT
  • GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS TRY
  • AKATSUKI NO YONA
  • AI NO TENCHI MUYO ( suck to be a tenchi muyo fan but i'll resolve myself to watch this)
  • CROSS ANGE
  • INOU-BATTLE WA NICHIJOUKEI NO NAKA DE ( high hopes for this one )
  • AMAGI BRILLANT PARK ( high hopes )
  • TRINITY SEVEN
  • LOG HORIZON ( i don't have hopes for this one , i already know it's going to rock so hard , ANIMEGAF WILL MELT )
  • SELECTOR SPREAD WIXOSS ( less suferring than black rock shooter TV )
  • RONIA THE ROBBER DAUGHTER

This FALL season will wash the bad taste of this disapointing summer 2014 season

Quasar

Watching :

This FALL season will wash the bad taste of this disapointing summer 2014 season

I'm pretty much the reverse. Not that this is a great season, just average, but there's hardly anything on the autumn list of interest to me.

Basically its just Log Horizon, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Orenchi no Furo Jijou, and new PA Works. Thats about it.

Soma

Fall List

Nanatsu no Taizai
despite the Sawano soundtrack
Parasyte though I've yet to read the manga.
Shingeki no Bahamut looks interesting
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Usu looks nice
Mushishi S2... S2?
Log Horizon S2 as soon as I finish the first season
Build Fighters S2 ...as soon as I get to watching the first season

not as hyped for but might watch anyways
Terraformars
F/SN
Trinity Seven

A autumn chart.

Database database....

?

I'm looking forward to ...

Log Horizon S2
Mushishi S2 Part 2
Fate/Stay Night
Parasyte
Chaika S2

And am willing to try ...

Terra Formars
Gundam Reconguista
Sora No Method
World Trigger
-whatever random shoujo ends up being the real anime of the season-

Not to mention all the hype surrounding Gundam Build Fighters S2 given the reception for the first season of that series as well. Fall looks absolutely packed.

Negator

Trails in the Sky is sooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooood u gais. I really can't recommend you guys play it enough. And I'm only like 14 hours in (out of like 50-60)

I beat it in 36, cmon it isn't that long unless you are insane and have to 100% everything.

Oh, and yeah. Trails in the Sky is fucking good, and it only keeps getting better the further you go in.

Mature

A autumn chart.

Database database....

Should be an interesting season in that there's very few "sure things".

Very Interested In:
Magic Kaito
Gundam Build FIghters Try
More Madp Wixoss impressions

Interest Piqued:
Kaitou Joker
Gundam Reconguista...in...G?
Shiro Bako

Not interested, but curious (morbidly or otherwise):
Ronia the Robber's Daughter
Inou-Battle bblahblahblah
Cross Ange

Other than that,
cM23Wll.png

zulux21

A autumn chart.

Database database....

I was looking at these shows like a week ago...
I recall there being 4 new titles I was interested in two of them have seven in the title
Donten ni Warau was up there
Trinity Seven
Nanatsu no Taizai (the other with seven :p)
and I can't quickly figure out what the last one was.
also phsycho pass 2 and fate stay for returning shows. (I do an anime prediction game with my friends with new shows only... so if you want how a show trended as it came out on anidb or mal let me know I might have data for it if it came out in the last 4-5 years lol)

I was torn on Sanzoku no Musume Ronja... on one hand it is ghibli... on the other hand the animation in the trailer looked like absolute garbage CG:/ (alright it wasn't completely horrible, but given it is ghibli any full CG show just seems horrible to me :/)

I'm pretty much the reverse. Not that this is a great season, just average, but there's hardly anything on the autumn list of interest to me.

Basically its just Log Horizon, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Orenchi no Furo Jijou, and new PA Works. Thats about it.
I'm not posting much despite being in "holidays mode" ..something is missing in the Summer season... and i'm pretty sure Fall will correct this situation.
so its more like season 1?
Expect season 2 battles with a season 1 - like cast of new faces withing the season 3 setting.
Unless you hate battles in nanoha verse you can't dislike vivid , really.
The amount of cute is also quite high.

Trails in the Sky is sooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooood u gais. I really can't recommend you guys play it enough. And I'm only like 14 hours in (out of like 50-60)

Kiseki fans are telling this since ages.
You'll be welcome to join the waiting club once you're done with this one.

How is the story? I've played around 6hrs and I keep doing the side quests which in turn burns me out rather quickly.

I'm doing all the sidequests as well but that's the rpg player in me who likes to grind/be as high of a level as possible before tougher battles. So far I've breezed through the game thanks to this strategy. I only reached chapter 2 so nothing major has happened as of right now story wise. I'm still going around to become a full bracer, and nothing major plot-wise has been introduced outside of the mysteries of everything going around behind the scenes of our protagonists' journey. I've heard great things though. Joshua is perfect husbando, you can tell this game was made with Estelle as the protag (I mean it's obvious since she's the first choice as playable character and the one doing decisions every now and again, but I always play as Joshua).

I beat it in 36, cmon it isn't that long unless you are insane and have to 100% everything.

Oh, and yeah. Trails in the Sky is fucking good, and it only keeps getting better the further you go in.

Nice to hear. 36 hours. Is that doing most/all of the side quests? I'm not doing the towers as I've already missed one and I'm not about to go back unless there's a fast travel option later. I'm only doing enough grinding to be able to run through most enemies until I get baddies that give me at least 20 experience per battle.

No season with Mushishi is a shitty season.

Also interested in:
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - Classical music! Manga is overall pretty nice from what I've read.
Parasyte? - Manga is well-received. Staff is not impressive though, so we'll see.
Yowamushi Pedal S2 - Gotta finish the first season.
Amagi Brilliant Park - Hopefully Takemoto can pull this one off. It's been too long since a good KyoAni show.
Garo - I like the look of the show and I'm interested in the toku connection.
Log Horizon S2? - If I watch and like the first season.
Gundam Build Fighters Try - Gotta finish the first season.
Hitsugi no Chiaka S2? - If I watch and like the first season.
Denki-Gai no Honya-san - Jewelpet Kira Deco staff!
Mysterious Joker - Looks like a really fun kids' show.
Magic Kaito? - Curious about the Detective Conan connection.
Seven Deadly Sins? - Because of Okamura.
Donten ni Warau - Looks like the kind of story I like.
Shirobako - Tsutomu Mizushima doing a cute girls in the animation industry show? I'll take it!
Wolf Girl and Black Prince? - Kenichi Kasai has me interested; hopefully the manga is decent.
Akatsuki no Yona? - Always willing to check out shoujo fantasy.
Gugure! Kokkuri-san - I liked the look of the trailer.

Negator

Nice to hear. 36 hours. Is that doing most/all of the side quests? I'm not doing the towers as I've already missed one and I'm not about to go back unless there's a fast travel option later. I'm only doing enough grinding to be able to run through most enemies until I get baddies that give me at least 20 experience per battle.

I must have done probably 90 to 95% of the sidequests, but I missed a lot of loot and other miscellaneous stuff. Honestly you shouldn't worry about it and just do the ones you feel like doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom